r/BuffaloBills

There are a few of us. You will catch a lot of topics posted to off the wall that you saw on reddit first.

As for the bills discussion. It is much more active here. There are a couple of posters who get tweets up pretty immediately as I'm sure you've seen. I contribute somewhat over there but as you can see I'm much more of a lurker myself on both boards.

Welcome though!

I feel like I'm now one of the fuddy-duddies, but I prefer the linear discussion format on message boards like this one.

Reddit, while often a good source of information, confuses the hell out of me with replies and threads constantly moving up and down the page based on up/down votes, number of replies, etc.

Thanks for the welcome. I find myself posting on reddit more just due to the fact that I am on there more often, but I do find that TBD has more "intelligent" posters with more to offer. Plus you dont have to deal with the circle jerk of pats fans in the r/NFL if you are looking for league discussion.

I don't even know what Reddit is, and I don't consider myself a Luddite.

So I used the Google to look up Reddit. It seams as though there is no particular order to it. Am I missing something?

No that about sums it up. But if you subscribe to certain subreddits, it filters out lots of other things.

No that about sums it up. But if you subscribe to certain subreddits, it filters out lots of other things.

That's one of the things I do like about it. It's a content aggregator, but you can get very specific with what you want to view. My usual subreddits are my favorite sports teams, my hometown, and my college.

But again, the new-fangled way of presenting comments and replies in a dynamic, non-linear way just perplexes me. I find myself reading a reddit topic, reading the replies, then not going back to it later because I can't easily tell what comments have been added since I last visited.

As opposed to message boards like this one where it's always crystal clear what content has been added since the last time I was on.

That's one of the things I do like about it. It's a content aggregator, but you can get very specific with what you want to view. My usual subreddits are my favorite sports teams, my hometown, and my college.

But again, the new-fangled way of presenting comments and replies in a dynamic, non-linear way just perplexes me. I find myself reading a reddit topic, reading the replies, then not going back to it later because I can't easily tell what comments have been added since I last visited.

As opposed to message boards like this one where it's always crystal clear what content has been added since the last time I was on.

Same here.

Welcome new guy!

There are a few of us. You will catch a lot of topics posted to off the wall that you saw on reddit first.

As for the bills discussion. It is much more active here. There are a couple of posters who get tweets up pretty immediately as I'm sure you've seen. I contribute somewhat over there but as you can see I'm much more of a lurker myself on both boards.

Welcome though!

That always makes me laugh. People think it Reddit was the first to get all the info and everyone copies or steals from Reddit. It's seldom the case.

Edited by jboyst62

Welcome new guy!

That always makes me laugh. People think it Reddit was the first to get all the info and everyone copies or steals from Reddit. It's seldom the case.

I don't care about "stealing" or whatever you want to call it. I was simply making an observation.

That said for other topics there are people that post info just as quick as yolo and 26cbblitz do here for Bills info. Most of my nba news comes from there as they are quick with the info.

Also the community is much much larger. Therefore the conversation isn't the same 5-6 posters going back and forth that you see here for some topics.

For Bills news/discussion this site is the best I've come across by far. For time wasting and the rest of my Internet fix Reddit is fantastic.

I don't even know what Reddit is, and I don't consider myself a Luddite.So I used the Google to look up Reddit. It seams as though there is no particular order to it. Am I missing something?

So you made me look up Luddite, thanks. This is my place to get my Bills fix.

I don't care about "stealing" or whatever you want to call it. I was simply making an observation.

That said for other topics there are people that post info just as quick as yolo and 26cbblitz do here for Bills info. Most of my nba news comes from there as they are quick with the info.

Also the community is much much larger. Therefore the conversation isn't the same 5-6 posters going back and forth that you see here for some topics.

For Bills news/discussion this site is the best I've come across by far. For time wasting and the rest of my Internet fix Reddit is fantastic.

I have been spending a lot of time meeting my needs on this site:

http://www.reddit.com/r/OneBuffalo

It is the best of both worlds - not just football, can satisfy any WNY mans lust for athletics.

Edited by jboyst62

I couldn't figure out reddit for quite awhile, but now it seems pretty good.

One question - do you basically put whatever you're looking for after the r/ to see if there is any discussion of it?

Example - last week, twitter kept trending with Chuck Todd, after he did something controversial on Meet the Press. I didn't want to keep reading what the idiots on twitter had to say in 140 characters, so I went to reddit and put his name in the search box, but didn't come up with what I was looking for. Is the idea to put it after /r?