Beerball

Skitching!

Pogying.

Got the parental eyroll by

1. Rock fights.

2. Throwing ice balls at cars

3. Throwing apples at cars. That is until we hit dad's car by accident

4. Driving the field car with a friend straddling the roof

5. Trying to sneak a beer bottle of whiskey to a party. Told mom it was for our recycling project. She smelled it and poured it out saying it still had beer in it. If anyone knew the difference between beer and whiskey it was mom

6. BB holes in neighbor windows.

7. Getting caught driving the car up and down the driveway at 12

And many many more I probably don't remember.

Edited by Chef Jim

There's always water. It's called a garden hose.

Dude, you aren't supposed to drink from those hoses... Wanna get cancer.

:-O

Haha....my grandma calls the pharmacist the drugist.

Ha! Too funny, glad you picked up on it! Speaking of grandma's... Mine would call the refrigerator the: "Frigidaire." That's a step-up from the "ice-box." Grandma was ahead of the times! ;-)

Skitching!

p.s. I seriously want to harm whoever coined the phrase "free range children".

That's what they call it here in the Midwest... Skeetching... Long vowels in the Midwest. In BFLO, or @ least from where I grew up S.Cheektowaga/W.Seneca... We called it: Pogeying (Po-Key-In).

Yep, same here... WTF is up w/"Free Range Children?"

LMAO...

Nothing beats mumbly peg w/really big screwdrivers... You'd have to throw them into the ground @ you advisory's feet, make them stick and be the closest without the opponent moving. Bare feet too. Funnest time ever was when my brother hit the foot of the kid next door. Boy, to his credit, he didn't move his foot!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Skitching!

p.s. I seriously want to harm whoever coined the phrase "free range children".

KD, I have been a loyal follower of the woman/website/blog on the originater of the term for a long time now...anf have referenced it many many times here.

http://www.freerangekids.com

In essence, she believes, as I do, that kids are much safer today than back when we grew up. Lots of reasons but basic is cell phone, education( we had no stranger danger trainingLOL) , all the gazillion safety rules/ gadgets etc. but we have kids that can barely function on their own at 15 cause they have had mommy planning/protecting 100% of activities.

My wife and I brought our kids up in the "method" if you will...anf it is noticeable their level of confidence and independence as opposed to some of their friends.

We were just on a vaca with friends with kids same age as ours...14-16... Helicopter mom vs us....difference was startling.

KD, I have been a loyal follower of the woman/website/blog on the originater of the term for a long time now...anf have referenced it many many times here.

http://www.freerangekids.com

In essence, she believes, as I do, that kids are much safer today than back when we grew up. Lots of reasons but basic is cell phone, education( we had no stranger danger trainingLOL) , all the gazillion safety rules/ gadgets etc. but we have kids that can barely function on their own at 15 cause they have had mommy planning/protecting 100% of activities.

My wife and I brought our kids up in the "method" if you will...anf it is noticeable their level of confidence and independence as opposed to some of their friends.

We were just on a vaca with friends with kids same age as ours...14-16... Helicopter mom vs us....difference was startling.

I agree. My son has been driving since he was 15 (Illinois you can get your permit @ 15 and has had his full license for almost a year now). Heck, he's been taking the train to downtown Chicago (places like the beaches in the city, Art Institute, etc...) since 13. But, then again... He's a boy/young man. Just turned 17 yesterday... Today/now he is Downtown @ the 'Hawks parade. I'd have no problem with sending him all over the world (which he has been through Europe @ 16) or driving cross-country. The only thing that worries me is that he thinks he is 17 going on 27 and the world is limitless. It is all about resources, and we have a ton more than when I was 17. He's got a car to go to work and play, debit card, bank accounts, cell phone, etc... Works for a landscaper as a laborer and will head off to a selective University in a year... He's gunning for Penn (University of) as his top school.

Now... My 13 year old daughter... Yikes, I am way more protective.