Shady makes me shady

I was aware of his talent as well as the Shady nickname, I just wasn't aware how bad the Shady was. As each day elapses without his talent making up for his ridiculous comments its very hard finding any reason to like him. First he was sour on going to Buffalo, get it, that's fine. I actually liked the fact that he felt a bit scorned, figured it would be more fuel for the fire this year. As time progressed it seemed like every time he spoke he would say the right thing "I'm happy to be a Buffalo Bill, let's put the past behind" while seconds later a passive aggressive comment would follow about his previous relationship with the Eagles and Kelly. Right when you think he's finally shutting up he repeats the same crap all over again, except this time why not add the race card. After he gets smoked by the media he goes into retreat not addressing his ridiculous comments, he resurfaces somehow angry that he would be asked to discuss them at more length. As I said earlier, the guy needs to get on the field and do it fast. As it stands I have very little reason to like him and can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will 1500 yds change your opinion? I get what you're saying but doesn't mean crap if shows up. Guys bitter and has a reason. He'll be great and get over it or FredEx is more productive and they cut his.

Love Fred but lol!

I'm sorry, has he done anything at all in the last week to provoke your ire, or has this just been simmering?

Seriously, everything he's done on the field so far I like. I don't necessarily agree with how he feels on how he was treated, but he decided to not put up with some obvious bull **** from some people looking for some quick clickbait. If anything, the way he handled the media last time makes me want to like him more.

He needs to get on the field so you will like him? Check back in 3 months I guess.

Considering he shows the emotional maturity of a 5 year old, yes. If he produces it's forgivable. If he doesn't he has shown zero redeeming qualities since this went down so it's sort of hard to like him at the moment. At least for me. I will be checking back in for the season, finally have Sundays off. Probably the best year in a long time for it.

Edited by KzooMike

I was aware of his talent as well as the Shady nickname, I just wasn't aware how bad the Shady was. As each day elapses without his talent making up for his ridiculous comments its very hard finding any reason to like him. First he was sour on going to Buffalo, get it, that's fine. I actually liked the fact that he felt a bit scorned, figured it would be more fuel for the fire this year. As time progressed it seemed like every time he spoke he would say the right thing "I'm happy to be a Buffalo Bill, let's put the past behind" while seconds later a passive aggressive comment would follow about his previous relationship with the Eagles and Kelly. Right when you think he's finally shutting up he repeats the same crap all over again, except this time why not add the race card. After he gets smoked by the media he goes into retreat not addressing his ridiculous comments, he resurfaces somehow angry that he would be asked to discuss them at more length. As I said earlier, the guy needs to get on the field and do it fast. As it stands I have very little reason to like him and can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way.

Your better then this Mike....I have seen you better then this

I'm sorry, has he done anything at all in the last week to provoke your ire, or has this just been simmering?

Seriously, everything he's done on the field so far I like. I don't necessarily agree with how he feels on how he was treated, but he decided to not put up with some obvious bull **** from some people looking for some quick clickbait. If anything, the way he handled the media last time makes me want to like him more.

It's simmering more or less, I just hate the fact that I don't really like a star player on this team. I don't remember ever feeling that way about a player.

It's simmering more or less, I just hate the fact that I don't really like a star player on this team. I don't remember ever feeling that way about a player.

How about when Thurman thomas was cuzzing like a sailor at a father who took his son to training camp and made the mistake of jeering him in the crowd

or

When Jim Kelly did the things he did when he was younger

or

When Bruce Smith was having substance abuse problems

And yes...I love these players above and they have ALL turned out to be fine people in the end.....but it was not without bumps along the way when they were younger.......

If we want this team to become a winner.....we need to understand they are not all saints.

Your better then this Mike....I have seen you better then this

Well, I don't think this is my masterpiece post....haha

I don't post as much as I once did. It has been bothering me a bit, I just like him as a player so much and I guess I just felt really disappointed with the transition. I expected turbulence but this has been a bit much for my tastes. I do agree with what you said though. I support this team and have supported them as a non local resident for over 20 years now. That certainly won't change and this is a very exciting time. He said no more questions about the past in his last presser as Whitewalker (GOT baby!) pointed out. I'll try and clean the slate. Trust me, when this went down I was one of the bigger supporters of the deal. He reminds me of Gale Sayers, who is probably my all time favorite RB.

He hasn't done anything "bad" except act immature and say a little too much to the media. We are used to Fred Jackson, but there are lots of personalities in the NFL. CJ only ever tweeted out bible verses and wax poetic to the media but it didn't make him more productive the last couple years here.

You don't have to want to invite every player on your favorite team to your house for dinner. Elite superstar athletes who are millionaires can sometimes act like idiots. Money doesn't buy character or class. Root for the laundry on the field is how I see it.

I don't know the man but after seeing multiple interviews he strikes me as a selfish, egocentric, me first type of guy. Chip Kelly is no dummy. He probably realized McCoy's best days are likely behind him and wanted to rid himself of a locker room prima donna. Let's realistically hope he can produce at a high level for 2-3 years and not put the Bills in salary cap hell with the ridiculous contract he signed.

I think some fans need to establish their value systems better. Which one is more important:

A. How a player behaves off the field

B. How productive he is on the field

What's more important to you:

A. Your level of annoyance reading articles on ESPN during the summer

B. Your level of happiness seeing victories on Sunday during the football season

It's nice to have both and if you look at the 70 or so players on the roster, around 65 don't have off the field problems. I think if you focus on those guys, you can ignore the McCoy's and Incognito's of this team. That or filter your news sources a bit more.

Another thing you can do is take a step back, breathe, and ask yourself how much your "shady" feelings are based on you projecting your beliefs and opinions onto McCoy and how much is it really McCoy? How much is it the media, who gets a large portion of their advertising dollars from clicks, creating stories and provocative headlines so that they will increase their click-through rate and get more money from direct and affiliate advertisers?

This is more media driven than anything. They purposely stoke fires to get headlines they can twist and work with. I think everyone knows his race charge is probably unfounded, including Mccoy not that he'll ever admit to it, but the media continues to bring this up and will keep asking him about it. I don't think he at all goes out of his way to keep this going with Chip or anything, he's just answering questions. Hopefully at some point the media will get tired of this and/or he will stop interviews if they ask him about it and he can just move forward.

I don't think the media helps by continuing to ask the same questions. And also, how many football players do you believe have taken Communications or Public Relations classes and actually utilize the lessons. He's a football player who's paid to play football......and sometimes talk.

And I'm sure we all know people personally who are actually paid to interact and communicate with people all over their communities at different levels and still say things that are unbelievably arrogant and stupid.

yes we should play tomorrow so his tabloid material wont be as important as it is to all the ladies who read/care about said comments. Also he got smoked? Also, im glad no one here or at 1 bills drive talks crap about marrone. Also whos to say it isnt the truth about kelly? He can say what he wants cant he. BUt ya, lets start the season so i dont have to "hear" him talking anymore. GREAT POST!