Big news, Chafee is running

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that's a shock. A candidate who's rational and pro-American.

-----

During his speech, Chafee highlighted his strong opposition to military intervention in the Middle East, saying, "we have to find a way to wage peace." He said drone strikes weren't working in the region. And he also said, "We must deliberately and carefully extricate ourselves from expensive wars," Chafee said. "Just think of how better this money could be spent."

Chafee stressed using that money for investment within America's borders. "Education infrastructure, healthcare, environmental stewardship and a strong middle class are Americans' priorities."

love this guy, he speaks the truth and he's pro-american. which means the bottom feeders on this board will attack him....

The former Rhode Island senator and governor, speaking to about 60 students and others at George Mason University, recalled his 2002 vote against giving Bush broad authority to wage war in Iraq; Chafee was then a Republican and the sole no vote in his caucus.

Wednesday, he mentioned three reasons for his opposition: He didn’t want the country to repeat the mistakes of the Vietnam War, he did not trust the Bush administration and he found its war supporters misleading and worse.

“I learned in the first nine months of the Bush-Cheney administration prior to September 11th not to trust them at their word,” Chafee said.

Neoconservatives promoting the war “didn’t have the guts to argue their points straight up to the American people,” he charged. “They knew there were no weapons of mass destruction. They wanted their war badly enough to purposely deceive us.”

Edited by JTSP

About time someone tried tapping into the single issue metric system voters.

CGm5KjbUcAAprW1.jpg

Spontaneous crowds forming now in DC in support of Lincoln Chafee's call to join the metric system

I predict that he will "LOSE BY A MILE"

Chafee, as a candidate, is hilarious.

A few highlights:

His vote against the war in Iraq wasn't a vote against the war in Iraq. It was a systolic vote against all wars. Chafee is an avowed pacifist.

Chafee's speech condemning going to war included language about how it was sad that we would go to war again so soon after leaving Vietnam. Seriously.

Chafee, in the same week in which he declared for the Presidency implored subscribers to his Gubernatorial Facebook page to help him remember his password to he could link it to his new Presidential Page. Seriously.

His vote against the war in Iraq wasn't a vote against the war in Iraq. It was a systolic vote against all wars. Chafee is an avowed pacifist.

BS and who cares? Why would this matter? He made the right decision.

War should only be a last resort. Anyone that doesn't understand this has no place in power IMHO.

BS and who cares? Why would this matter? He made the right decision.

War should only be a last resort. Anyone that doesn't understand this has no place in power IMHO.

Oft times, process is more important than outcome.

And you should care, since Chafee's position is antithetical to "war is a last resort." Which you'd realize, if you were smart enough to know that sometimes process is more important than outcome.

Oft times, process is more important than outcome.

And you should care, since Chafee's position is antithetical to "war is a last resort." Which you'd realize, if you were smart enough to know that sometimes process is more important than outcome.

Tell that to the 4500+ moms, dads, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands of Americans that got killed plus the 500,000 Iraqi civilians who were killed. "Hey, at least we got the process right. That's more important than your loved one's life."

Can you explain to someone who is not smart enough to know that "sometimes process is more important than outcome" why that is so and point to a case which illustrates that please?

Edited by reddogblitz

Tell that to the 4500+ moms, dads, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands of Americans that got killed plus the 500,000 Iraqi civilians who were killed. "Hey, at least we got the process right. That's more important than your loved one's life."

Can you explain to someone who is not smart enough to know that "sometimes process is more important than outcome" why that is so and point to a case which illustrates that please?

I didn't say the process was good. I said that Chafee's wasn't. Moron.

I didn't say the process was good. I said that Chafee's wasn't. Moron.

You missed my second question: "Can you explain to someone who is not smart enough to know that "sometimes process is more important than outcome" why that is so and point to a case which illustrates that please?"

Care to share your wisdom on this one with me?

Also explain how is "process" was bad? I wish more of our "leaders" would use lessons learned from Viet Nam in making decisions on gong to war.

Edited by reddogblitz