Concession prices at RWS high?

I dind't make it to a game last year so correct me if things are better. But the RWS concessions are mostly terrible. The last game I attended I had Jim Kelly club level seats and the food was terrible. Cold beef on weck. Stale rolls. Terrible. Embarassingly bad. I've been to 15 stadiums. Only Oakland was worse - far far worse. Thier club level seats served food that Target would be embarassed to serve. Anyone been to Seattle or Arizona? Those two standout as the best. Club level in Arizona was really good.

The Minnesota MetroDome food was average but the walkways were actually scary. No room to walk anywhere.

Edited by Dragonborn10

What CBS doesn't know is he hired the catering company I used to work for when he went to the games. We had to send an executive chef and 4 cooks on more then a few Sundays. We also did his D.A.R.E campaign the past few years. We are not cheap either.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I'm curious about average ticket prices vs the rest of the league. I know (or at least thought) the bills have been on the low end compared to most. In the end, it could end up being a wash. Or in Jerry's case, he's the most expensive place in the world to visit for 4 hours.

Edited by The Wiz

YOu also have to take into account the volume of sales. I'm pretty sure that tailgating plays a significant role in reducing profits; something the team has to consider.

Concession prices plays a significant role in how much food is eaten at tailgating rather than stands - it goes both ways.

If they would concentrating on selling more rather than more profit per item they could have higher sales and profits.

Concession prices plays a significant role in how much food is eaten at tailgating rather than stands - it goes both ways.

If they would concentrating on selling more rather than more profit per item they could have higher sales and profits.

I bet they've figured out how to price to maximize profits.

Well i would be willing to bet that the food at the Ralph is probably among some of the best for what you pay for also .

I have traveled all over the US & the Buffalo/ western NY area has some of the best food going !! So why wouldn't the Ralph have it there too ?

Yeah... But they crack down on the street vendor in NYC charging 30 bucks a hot dog.

Well i would be willing to bet that the food at the Ralph is probably among some of the best for what you pay for also .

I have traveled all over the US & the Buffalo/ western NY area has some of the best food going !! So why wouldn't the Ralph have it there too ?

Huh? It is probably the worst. So much better concessions in other stadiums. I said: concessions.

Unfortunately while most would agree with you about the quality of food in WNY there is zero correlation between that and food at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

It pains me to say this being from the WNY area but I have been to many sports venues all over the country and the food at RWS is the worst.

They tried to make it a little better this past year by adding some local staples onto the menu which I guess helped a little bit but overall I'd say it is still pretty low quality which imo makes it even more absurdly overpriced.

Not sure if this relates to how much people consume at tailgates or not but I know for me after going to Bills games as an adult for 25+ years I have probably bought concessions there less than 1% of the time and have been disappointed with that decision 100% of the time.

I was reading an article about Gov. Christie of NJ spending $82,000 on concessions at Jets/Giants games (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25181195/chris-christie-spent-82k-of-taxpayer-funds-on-food-at-jets-giants-games ). In the article there is the attached graph that shows how many beer/hotdog combos $82,000 will buy you in all NFL stadiums. It shows that in Buffalo, you get the 6th fewest in the NFL. Which implies that food concessions in Buffalo are the 6th most expensive in the NFL. Granted that it does not take every food item into account, but you would think it should be fairly accurate. Bills games have been touted as a great value. I know that food concessions are optional, but I'm still surprised that they are as high as this graph says they are. Makes me question the data somewhat.

Maybe people that go to a lot of away games could confirm or deny?

$9.50 for a large can of skunk p!$$ is excessive. I avoid spending a penny inside the stadium for their overpiriced bad food,and drink. That being said, I understand that jerry Jones Et Al charges eighty bucks for a pizza....

Unfortunately while most would agree with you about the quality of food in WNY there is zero correlation between that and food at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

It pains me to say this being from the WNY area but I have been to many sports venues all over the country and the food at RWS is the worst.

They tried to make it a little better this past year by adding some local staples onto the menu which I guess helped a little bit but overall I'd say it is still pretty low quality which imo makes it even more absurdly overpriced.

Not sure if this relates to how much people consume at tailgates or not but I know for me after going to Bills games as an adult for 25+ years I have probably bought concessions there less than 1% of the time and have been disappointed with that decision 100% of the time.

EXACTY... +1

Now, the tailgates are a whole 'nother story. The New NFL wants to cut in on parking and eliminate tailgating to make revenue. I hope they never get their way in BFLO... We are a cooler and grill toting crowd. People simply won't go for ridiculous food prices. Well, I hope so.

Know your market!