Concession prices at RWS high?

I was reading an article about Gov. Christie of NJ spending $82,000 on concessions at Jets/Giants games (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25181195/chris-christie-spent-82k-of-taxpayer-funds-on-food-at-jets-giants-games ). In the article there is the attached graph that shows how many beer/hotdog combos $82,000 will buy you in all NFL stadiums. It shows that in Buffalo, you get the 6th fewest in the NFL. Which implies that food concessions in Buffalo are the 6th most expensive in the NFL. Granted that it does not take every food item into account, but you would think it should be fairly accurate. Bills games have been touted as a great value. I know that food concessions are optional, but I'm still surprised that they are as high as this graph says they are. Makes me question the data somewhat.

Maybe people that go to a lot of away games could confirm or deny?

post-11748-0-22156000-1433168132_thumb.jpg

Edited by CodeMonkey

could just be one of those items is priced a little bit higher in RWS. the gap from us to the bulk of the cheaper ones is like $1 and change and i dont know that its worth assuming the whole menu reflects in the random 2 items.

im surprised that a hot dog plus a beer is coming in at under $10 in st louis. Its got to be some sort of promo price or something.

Edited by NoSaint

Looks like we're middle of the pack when it comes to hot dogs. Average is 5.50, which is where we are:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/240017/price-of-a-hot-dog-in-the-national-football-league-by-team/

Beer prices however have us tied for 3rd most expensive. Presumably they assume you'll have more beers than hot dogs, so I guess it's not too surprising we came in at 6.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/240015/price-of-a-beer-in-the-national-football-league-by-team/

Well my experience was our beer prices are disgustingly high for garbage beer. When I went to NE, maybe 2010, you could get a Sam Adams for a few buck less than a warm bud light at RWS. Cleveland was cheaper too. New Orleans I can't recall, nursing a tough night before with double bloody mary's, which were awesome and the best drink I've ever had in a stadium.

suite prices are insane.

my wife takes care of ordering for her company

$50 for a bowl of nuts ($10 worth). once it was 3 bags of chips and a 6 pack of pop $100.....lol

having said that, spending $82,000 of taxpayer money on food & drinks is bigtime foolish.....especially when you are the guest !!

Not sure how the hot dogs at other venues rate, but the ones they serve at RWS are complete garbage. Small dried out dogs on stale (often very hard) rolls.

Pretty sure DNC/JJ are laughing all the way to the bank.

Not sure how the hot dogs at other venues rate, but the ones they serve at RWS are complete garbage. Small dried out dogs on stale (often very hard) rolls.

Pretty sure DNC/JJ are laughing all the way to the bank.

Think I have one in my all my time there, been going since the joint opened. And you are right, just awful. My gut says the Ralph, Lambeau, and KC sell less food per capita than all the other stadiums, by a wide margin. I think the quality may suffer as a result.

The tailgating is so good, how many peoe are really hungry in the game beside my pain in da ass kid who wants nachos ( think he asks just so I will get pissed , tell him no , and call him a moron for not eating more at the tailgate).

Beer is average at the Ralph compared to other stadiums price wise, but sorely lacking in choice.

Edited by plenzmd1

Concession prices are pretty short sighted in terms of the overall cost of going to a game. Google "2014 Fan Cost Index" for a real benchmark. It combines the cost of tickets, concessions, parking, even some team gear and compares across NFL teams. Only Cleveland and Jacksonville are cheaper places for a family of 4 to go see an NFL game when you factor in everything. The average price of a single ticket in Buffalo was $62.01 last year. That compares to the high for the list of New England with a staggering average ticket price of $122.00. When you look at premium seating, Buffalo's average was $202.42 compared to (again) New England at $566.67. Buffalo is even well below the overall NFL averages of $84.43 a seat and $252.06 for a premium seat. Like everything else though, most fans want to find their little axes to grind, without any regard for the bigger picture.

I don't think this was about any axes to grind, but rather the OP noting that the data implied we had high concession costs relative to most other teams, which seemed surprising.

Also, the hot dogs suck.

suite prices are insane.

my wife takes care of ordering for her company

$50 for a bowl of nuts ($10 worth). once it was 3 bags of chips and a 6 pack of pop $100.....lol

having said that, spending $82,000 of taxpayer money on food & drinks is bigtime foolish.....especially when you are the guest !!

It was over two seasons in a venue where two teams play. The article said 58 transactions. Pricey, yes. Out of line for what gets spent in a suite? I have no idea. I'm not a big Christy fan, but there really is not much to see here IMO.

It was over two seasons in a venue where two teams play. The article said 58 transactions. Pricey, yes. Out of line for what gets spent in a suite? I have no idea. I'm not a big Christy fan, but there really is not much to see here IMO.

Lets be fair, 58 transactions for $1,500 each is enough to get a "c'mon man...."

its not ruining anyones life, but it still comes across as pushing the boundaries of your jobs perks.

Food prices in luxury boxes at any venue are ridiculous.

At the Carrier Dome for instance - chicken wings are $2 a piece. An Italian sub is $95, cheese board $98, etc. It's easy to get a spend over several thousand dollars if you're hosting the day for a group guys that likes to drink.

I wonder if beer sizes are taken into account in the study.

Edited by DasNootz

At the Carrier Dome for instance - chicken wings are $2 a piece. An Italian sub is $95, cheese board $98, etc. It's easy to get a spend over several thousand dollars if you're hosting the day for a group guys that likes to drink.

I'm sure it isn't. Just a generic how much does it cost for a beer and a dog.

'A Domino's pizza (cheese on cardboard) at a suite in Jerrah's world is $120.00