Who is going to be the biggest surprise Bill this year?

He's not a true TE... Period. HB perhaps... Maybe a little FB, but definitely a tweener... And as such, Quite frankly, I think we overpaid... This guy is scheduled to make more than Gronk or Jimmy Graham over the next two years. (24.7 million, or so in NFL Salary.) For that kind of money, I'm not that impressed with his 2 red zone TD's last season!

I genuinely feel, that Marqueis Gray has more upside as a pure TE... Big, agile, runs good routes, decent speed in the open field.... Just doesn't get the amount of reps a young player requires to get good... As I implied earlier, I hope he makes the most of his reps, and has a breakout year.. GO BILLS!

You do realize that Gray is shorter and heavier than Clay, and is definitely a tweener, having been used as an H-back/fullback?

It also appears to support the contention that you favor no-name, marginal talent: I like Gray myself, but C'mon, Man: if he's "all that and a bag of chips" and a "pure TE", how come he went undrafted and 3 teams cut him?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nigel Bradham is going to have a breakout year

He was expected to break-out last year, and in my opinion, he did just that.

He might just cement himself as one of the best young LB's in the NFL this year.

I think Karlos Williams and Randell Johnson have "break-out" years this year. (Becoming known players in the NFL.)

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

Goodwin may be fast, but the dude doesn't get open...probably because he is a poor route runner.

Dude , every one got open ! we saw it all year long.

and besides that its a wholly false presumption. certainly not a conclusion ?

Marrone didn't play him. Not to mention this year is all about "ground and pound." That philosophy should have teams wanting to load the box. If they do that you have him in man coverage over the top. You can run play action if that is the case. If they keep the safety over the top you have 1 less guy defending the run. I am not sure what is confusing?

I do not think that it is crazy to think that Lewis is an option. He adds a dimension to the team that they do not currently have. He is a big bodied guy. I think that he ends up on the PS with Hogan and Goodwin on the roster but it isn't crazy to have your opinion on it.

I do agree that they have a hard time getting him the ball. That is clear and tough to debate. I know others here want to see him used as a traditional receiver more. I am not advocating that because I think that he is too fragile. I would like to see 8-10 snaps a game.

At the end of the day it is a good problem to have. The talent level on this roster is significantly higher than it has been in years. There are NFL caliber players at DL, RB, WR, and DB that will not make the team. They will end up on a roster somewhere. It is a far cry from the days of Donald Jones as your #2.

P.s. I apologize for hijacking the thread. I didn't mean to turn this into a conversation about Hogan, Lewis and Goodwin.

This play sums up the value that I see in MG. The corner turns and runs and it just doesn't matter. Goodwin separates when the ball is in the air. I guess that I could just see a play or 2 like this changing the outcome of a game. When you are fighting for a playoff berth that play could be the difference:

Eggcellent egg sample of his ability to shift into overdrive , then get around to look the ball in.

http://firstroundgrade.com/marquise-goodwin-wr-buffalo-bills/

Also mentions that he can't catch, which has proven to be true. Along with TJ Graham, Goodwin was an unfortunate waste of a 3rd Rd pick.

Well i can understand taking sides on this . I just dont agree. Now TJ "jumpball" Graham on the other hand......

I agree and think Harvin will have a real impact this year.

Me too. if he shows up.

wheres he been anyways?

http://firstroundgrade.com/marquise-goodwin-wr-buffalo-bills/

Also mentions that he can't catch, which has proven to be true. Along with TJ Graham, Goodwin was an unfortunate waste of a 3rd Rd pick.

That article says Goodwin doesn't have "natural hands" -- what the hell are attached to his arms, prosthetics?

By the way, the coaches have indicated Goodwin is an excellent route runner, and I don't recall seeing many drops out of him -- admittedly, it's hard to drop what isn't thrown.

If Goodwin could stay healthy he'd be a legitimate #3 option (and possibly #2) on a high percentage of teams in the league.

I really think Dez Lewis is the odd man out, since Hogan is such a hard worker and will contribute on ST. Lewis to PS. Goodwin makes the roster.

That article says Goodwin doesn't have "natural hands" -- what the hell are attached to his arms, prosthetics?

By the way, the coaches have indicated Goodwin is an excellent route runner, and I don't recall seeing many drops out of him -- admittedly, it's hard to drop what isn't thrown.

If Goodwin could stay healthy he'd be a legitimate #3 option (and possibly #2) on a high percentage of teams in the league.

I really think Dez Lewis is the odd man out, since Hogan is such a hard worker and will contribute on ST. Lewis to PS. Goodwin makes the roster.

There's a lot of hype on Lewis for a 7th rounder. I think he is PS too.

I don't think Goodwin could hold up as a #3 but I definitely think there is a place for him. He showed real flashes his rookie year, but the injuries are a concern.

But every offensive player gets a clean plate from me after escaping from Marrone Prison.

You do realize that Gray is shorter and heavier than Clay, and is definitely a tweener, having been used as an H-back/fullback?

It also appears to support the contention that you favor no-name, marginal talent: I like Gray myself, but C'mon, Man: if he's "all that and a bag of chips" and a "pure TE", how come he went undrafted and 3 teams cut him?

Yes, Marqueis is heavier... I also have him at 6'4" -per the teams official website..... Nothing that anyone has said here has sold me on Charles Clay.. Nothing... I hope he does well, but if he was "all that and a bag of chips" he would have scored more that 3 TD's last year... Tim Wright, who no one on the board was interested in scored 6! ... But let's see if the tweener plus the QB's on our roster can make aything happen... I'm on the record as doubting that outcome.

Edited by #34fan