What's with the Atlanta Dog Killers

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/falcons-player-accused-of-killing-ex-girlfriends-d/nmQ9y/

On the one hand, it doesn't take much to damage one of those little fur-covered mangos.

On the other hand, "The dog had a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising and hemorrhage in the muscles in her front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea, and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries, police said." That's a lot of damage.

Stop with the rush to judgement, guys. Maybe the dog called him to come home saying that the girlfriend was crying and he should come right away and then tried to frame him for animal cruelty by running under his feet as he was polka-dancing to "Talk to the Animals" and it was all an unfortunate accident. Or maybe the girlfriend left him alone with the annoying dog on purpose to lure him into destroying his career by getting accused of a felony act of animal cruelty as an act of vengence.

Note to the humor impaired: SARCASM. KIDDING. :sick:

What I can't believe is this is what might end his career, rather than the fact that he sexually aassaulted a woman, and in the aftermath she committed sucide.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I remember reading about that girl. When I read that (as I recall), Notre Dame was still keeping his name out of the media.

What I can't believe is this is what might end his career, rather than the fact that he sexually aassaulted a woman, and in the aftermath she committed sucide.

And you allegedly was found in graveyard eating mystery meat.

He was not charged and neither were you.

I have read some of the articles on Lizzy Seeberg and there was quite a bit of racism in them coloring facts but the facts were he was not charged 5 years ago and just like this post there are rumors posted on internet boards.

He was released by Falcons on dog issue.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/falcons-player-accused-of-killing-ex-girlfriends-d/nmQ9y/

On the one hand, it doesn't take much to damage one of those little fur-covered mangos.

On the other hand, "The dog had a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising and hemorrhage in the muscles in her front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea, and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries, police said." That's a lot of damage.

Stop with the rush to judgement, guys. Maybe the dog called him to come home saying that the girlfriend was crying and he should come right away and then tried to frame him for animal cruelty by running under his feet as he was polka-dancing to "Talk to the Animals" and it was all an unfortunate accident. Or maybe the girlfriend left him alone with the annoying dog on purpose to lure him into destroying his career by getting accused of a felony act of animal cruelty as an act of vengence.

Note to the humor impaired: SARCASM. KIDDING. :sick:

My guess is that it won't take someone being impaired to not find this funny. It just wasn't.

In law, it's not a "fact" that he sexually assaulted a woman". It's a fact that an accusation was made:

Shembo was not charged with a crime, in part because the only witness was dead, and therefore statements made prior to her death would be considered hearsay and thus inadmissible.

The prosecutor in South Bend also released a statement indicating that there were conflicting reports from witnesses that kept this case from being prosecuted. I can't access the police report or any of the complementary evidence because it was all handled in-house at Notre Dame and is protected . Interestingly enough, Seeberg's parents have also been denied access to the evidence Notre Dame provided to prosecutors who decided to not follow through with charging Shembo with sexual battery. If Seeberg were alive, she could request and receive the evidence, but she's not.

My guess is that it won't take someone being impaired to not find this funny. It just wasn't. (in response to an earlier sarcastic post of mine - hopeful)

Cool, can you migrate over to another thread and make this point there? I was kind of parodying some of the views expressed there regarding multiple arrests for domestic violence and accusations of sexual assault against a human being

What I suspect, but of course have no evidence of, is that if this were the first time he'd ever been involved in anything troubling, he would get more slack. But the Falcons faced a certain amount of eyebrow lifting when they drafted him despite his past, the charges about the dog raked up the old sexual assault accusation in the press, and there you go. So IMHO the fact that he has some 'dirty laundry' in his past is what drove the immediate reaction to the animal cruelty felony charges.

Edited by Hopeful

And you allegedly was found in graveyard eating mystery meat.

He was not charged and neither were you.

I have read some of the articles on Lizzy Seeberg and there was quite a bit of racism in them coloring facts but the facts were he was not charged 5 years ago and just like this post there are rumors posted on internet boards.

He was released by Falcons on dog issue.

What point do you feel is being missed? This point?

"Seeberg said people miss the point when they note that Shembo was never charged. He said Notre Dame gave the case to the local district attorney, knowing there was zero chance of criminal proceedings. "We knew it; ND knew it; the DA knew it," Seeberg said. "You're looking at the sole, basically, witness to this — the victim being dead and her statement being inadmissible — and you're going to convince 12 jurors beyond a reasonable doubt? It's not going to happen. It never was going to happen.

"But with him claiming and hitting the headlines of 'No charges filed,' it gave him an extra shield, and it gave ND some great things to pivot off of, saying, 'Hey, there's nothing to see here.'"

In the wake of Seeberg's death, the U.S. Department of Education launched an investigation in Notre Dame's handling of sexual assault cases.

As part of an agreement between the school and the Department of Education, Notre Dame pledged to make wide-ranging reforms in its handling of such cases."

I was tagged (reasonably) for a "not funny" parody of some of the same kind of "exculpate the accused" random scenarios made in the McDonald DV thread as you make in this totally random and unsubstantiated accusation of a stranger on a message board, as if there's any serious and reasonable correlation between documented victim statements and medical evidence which could not be pursued because the sole witness is dead and her statements inadmissable, vs your schtuf.

I mean, seriously, peeps? Seriously? I'm not saying the guy shouldn't have a shot to be drafted and all based on an accusation, but have some respect for the other side. I'm really starting to feel queasy.

But girlfriend beaters are fine?

?what GF beaters on the Bills?

In law, it's not a "fact" that he sexually assaulted a woman". It's a fact that an accusation was made:

Shembo was not charged with a crime, in part because the only witness was dead, and therefore statements made prior to her death would be considered hearsay and thus inadmissible.

The prosecutor in South Bend also released a statement indicating that there were conflicting reports from witnesses that kept this case from being prosecuted. I can't access the police report or any of the complementary evidence because it was all handled in-house at Notre Dame and is protected . Interestingly enough, Seeberg's parents have also been denied access to the evidence Notre Dame provided to prosecutors who decided to not follow through with charging Shembo with sexual battery. If Seeberg were alive, she could request and receive the evidence, but she's not.

Cool, can you migrate over to another thread and make this point there? I was kind of parodying some of the views expressed there regarding multiple arrests for domestic violence and accusations of sexual assault against a human being

What I suspect, but of course have no evidence of, is that if this were the first time he'd ever been involved in anything troubling, he would get more slack. But the Falcons faced a certain amount of eyebrow lifting when they drafted him despite his past, the charges about the dog raked up the old sexual assault accusation in the press, and there you go. So IMHO the fact that he has some 'dirty laundry' in his past is what drove the immediate reaction to the animal cruelty felony charges.

Notre Dame showed about the same competence and enthusiasm for investigating this as did FSU with Winston.

While it is true that he was not legally guilty (it is difficult to bring charges when the only witness killed herself as a result of this), there is a difference between legal and factual guilt.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

It was not sexual assault it was sexual battery, different crimes, and used by some to try to make alleged crime appear more severe.

I'd post quote from prosecuting attorney but acrobat is such a pain in butt format designed to force you to pay for license.

Read the same things and many conversations on it when he was drafted.