AP really cosidering retiring due to contract standoff?

It's not just this case and I'm not really defending him. Compared to you I am, but you're a vengeful, retributivist moral crusader who thinks he's got the insight to be the arbiter of justice. Your problem is hubris.

Let's cut to the chase. Do you think AP's treatment of his son is defensible? Would you ever treat your 4 year old (or any child) this way? If you were with AP that day, would you have stood by as he disciplined his kid this way and simply watched this "cultural" display and say "oh well..."? Come on!

If you answer "no" to any of these questions, then you problem is clearly with me. Who's the crusader?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw that piece of chit.

good for minnesota, saying " He can play for us or not at all".

this is all about guaranteed money, AP has none left on his current deal. he saw what marshawn did/got and wants the same.

now he's lashing out at NFLPA:

I am just frustrated that our union did not get guaranteed contracts for its players. NFL players deserve guaranteed contracts like Our NBA and MLB brothers. Owners have the right to release players, at will, without honoring their contracts. However, players do not have the luxury of saying that they want out of their contract. And I won’t even get into the franchise tag convo.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/28/adrian-peterson-takes-aim-at-the-nflpa/

Bills fans! I implore you, listen to and look at this man speak. He is a slow adult. I am not sure what's worse...the stupidity of Adrian Peterson, or debating and carrying on about his words and actions. The proper institutions need to address his mental status. Defending or attacking him is below us. The debate about culture and actions of the Vikings and the NFL are good talks. Peterson though?...garbage time.

I am just frustrated that our union did not get guaranteed contracts for its players. NFL players deserve guaranteed contracts like Our NBA and MLB brothers. Owners have the right to release players, at will, without honoring their contracts. However, players do not have the luxury of saying that they want out of their contract. And I won’t even get into the franchise tag convo.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/28/adrian-peterson-takes-aim-at-the-nflpa/

The best part is that, right after he, all the other NFL players and their union agrred to a CBA which again brought no guaranteed contracts, AP gleefully sprinted to the Vikings office to sign..... a new, non-guaranteed contract.

As for anyone who still confuses child abuse with "cuturally" appropriate behavior, this is the story of AP and his 4 year old:

"According to the police report, the child told authorities he had also been hit by a belt and there were "a lot of belts in daddy's closet."

The child also said AP had put leaves in his mouth when he was being struck and that his pants were down."

Those are not the actions of a parent disciplining a child, those are the actions of a sadist.

Keep in mind, the kid doesn't live with AP--he was visiting him in Texas. He returned the kid to Minn to the boys mother in that condition. So it was a nice visit with Dad....

@JosinaAnderson: Filed to ESPN: #Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has informed me that he's in Minnesota and that he's planning to attend OTAs starting today.

"it's safe to say (he) would rather 'switch' than fight..."

(h/t Chuck D)

A.P.: This past year 'has been emotional'

This should not come as a surprise, but the Minnesota Vikings could not be more thrilled to see Adrian Peterson back on the field. And Peterson was emotional about returning to the team.

"This past year has been emotional for both parties involved," Peterson said when he addressed the media Tuesday. "I've learned a lot from my mistake and I'm moving forward. I'm focused on what's in front of me."