Over Under EJ Starts 3.5

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Skills contest is best part of every professional all star game in my opinion. You can't play football at half speed and the risk is too great for these guys to play balls out. Play flag football on the beach or something in place of the game. I'd rather watch them play softball, basketball or even water polo instead than the farce which is the Pro Bowl.

This guy would disagree (but I don't).

http://www.renaissancemag.com/sports/sp0399b.html

Over because Rex showed in New York that he sticks with one QB and very resistant to change. I think EJ should win the job in training camp if Roman is as good a coach as we think he is in developing a game plan based on his QBs skills as he did with Alex Smith and Kap in SF.

i thought he wanted to bench Geno last year earlier than he did but Idzik wouldn't let him (he said he didn't have that authority or something)

i thought he wanted to bench Geno last year earlier than he did but Idzik wouldn't let him (he said he didn't have that authority or something)

well, when your number is up and on a short leash (getting let go), the FO does take away / diminish your responsibilities

well, when your number is up and on a short leash (getting let go), the FO does take away / diminish your responsibilities

Not to mention, his other option in Vick was no better than Smiff, anyway. Can you imagine if we had to choose between Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis???

And to the Tyrod Taylor fan club, what this guy done to demonstrate his ability. He's got less NFL action and about the same level of success as Jeff Tuel.

I'll take a stab here. My experience is obviously a bit different as I watched his entire college career as well, but I find this argument to be very lame. No QB who is drafted and doesn't start right away has done anything in the NFL. There are plenty of people here who think 14 games is too few to judge EJ, but condemn Tyrod for not starting any. Anyway, here's my points for why I have hope for Tyrod:

- He has proven to be at least a reliable backup in a winning organization's eyes. Yes Flacco is an ironman, but the Ravens were comfortable enough with Tyrod that they only carried 2 QB's on the roster through his career.

- He has an unending desire to prove himself. He left a cozy spot on the bench and a better offer for another backup job for a chance to start, and he's been fighting preconceived notions about his skillset since the draft.

- He apparently did enough behind the scenes in Baltimore last year that his old OC tried to bring Tyrod along to Denver with him.

- I know from college, there is a distinct level of excitement that he brings just from being under center.

- He is the most comfortable QB using his athletic ability on the roster, and I believe he would fit very well in a scheme similar to what Roman used with Kaepernick.

In the end, it seems that the FO is giving him his shot to show what he can do and it's up to him to do what he can with it. I have a lot of faith in his ability, but at the end of the day I will not be upset with any QB that plays well for the Bills.

I'll take a stab here. My experience is obviously a bit different as I watched his entire college career as well, but I find this argument to be very lame. No QB who is drafted and doesn't start right away has done anything in the NFL. There are plenty of people here who think 14 games is too few to judge EJ, but condemn Tyrod for not starting any. Anyway, here's my points for why I have hope for Tyrod:

- He has proven to be at least a reliable backup in a winning organization's eyes. Yes Flacco is an ironman, but the Ravens were comfortable enough with Tyrod that they only carried 2 QB's on the roster through his career.

- He has an unending desire to prove himself. He left a cozy spot on the bench and a better offer for another backup job for a chance to start, and he's been fighting preconceived notions about his skillset since the draft.

- He apparently did enough behind the scenes in Baltimore last year that his old OC tried to bring Tyrod along to Denver with him.

- I know from college, there is a distinct level of excitement that he brings just from being under center.

- He is the most comfortable QB using his athletic ability on the roster, and I believe he would fit very well in a scheme similar to what Roman used with Kaepernick.

In the end, it seems that the FO is giving him his shot to show what he can do and it's up to him to do what he can with it. I have a lot of faith in his ability, but at the end of the day I will not be upset with any QB that plays well for the Bills.

Great post. I have talked to a couple other people who watched his entire college and they are similarly excited about his prospects. I am openly rooting for him to win the job only because, like you said, I would be the most excited about what he could potentially bring to the table. But like you also said, I just want them to win so at the same time, I guess I don't really care who wins the job either. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Our choice is between a qb who is at the end, who has been garbage for years and one who can't throw two accurate passes in a row. Pass the champagne.

Ill take the under because I don't believe he will get any better. He got worse last offseason, and I know some believe that is all on the coach. However, the entire preseason he looked much worse than he did the previous year. EJ never looked better than the first 4 games his rookie year. The QBs we brought in will be better than he is. IMO