5/13: EJ Manuel Talks Bills' QB Competition

I may have taken your comments as sarc. if so my bad

if not then my point stands

--------

Leroi was in the draft room?

WOW the legend continues!

I was not being sarcastic. I'll give some credit to Marrone for turning around the team's attitude, but I think real credit goes to Whaley, Schwartz and most to the defensive personnel, especially leaders such as Kyle and Mario.

Yes, he said he is in this screen grab (I believe he's saying he is the guy in blue) from the Bills' behind the scenes draft video:

aO341.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So EJ gets all the glory for "beating" Miami in a game where he threw for 200 yards and 1 TD but when we won with Orton it was due to him getting bailed out and other factors? The defense played lights out against the Dolphins, we had a special teams TD and Carpenter kicked 5 FGs because the masterful EJ couldn't help get us in the end zone but sure, it was EJ that really beat Miami. :wallbash:

I have no problems with acknowledging that EJ had a decent game against against Miami but can we at least call it both ways here? Bad coaching or not, there are still valid concerns regarding EJ's ability to be even an average starter in this league and this is going to be a very big summer for him.

A good game for EJ is not puking on your shoes and blowing it all. A good game for every other QB involves 250+ yards and 2+ TD's.

You work for the team, right? You said yesterday you were in the draft room, right? You even pointed yourself out in the draft video. I get that you're not claiming to speak for the team, but you just made one hell of a statement. A couple of statements, in fact.

Who listens to interns, though...

A good game for EJ is not puking on your shoes and blowing it all. A good game for every other QB involves 250+ yards and 2+ TD's.

Funny that EJ has done the latter more often the other. Unless I missed the Willie Beaman highlight on ESPN.

Edited by The Wiz

Funny that EJ has done the latter more often the other. Unless I missed the Willie Beaman highlight on ESPN.

10-18 for 80 yards with 0 TDs and 2 ints. 3-8 for 32 yards with 0 TDs and 0 ints. Guess which rookie QB had those stats in his two starts. :lol: :lol:

Behind a line that couldn't block traffic, for four whole games. And putting up a QB rating in the low 90's until Houston...behind a line that couldn't block sunlight, facing J.J. Watt, and almost getting killed by that pass rush.

No, we didn't.

Best coaching staff = an offensive line coach and where is hackett now?

9 wins - 2 were EJ's. 7 were Ortons and 3 of his wins were because a kicker couldn't kick (and watkins bailed him out), a huge play by Hogan and a Pats** 3rd string team. Oh and EJ beat a Miami team that Orton couldn't even throw for 200 yards against. Not to mention the Raiders game.

For someone that works at OBD, allegedly, you must not like your job.

I normally don't support a player so avidly as this but your hatred toward EJ is getting old. At least other posters throw something other than their own bias against him.

You're wrong. IMO.

Your trolling is so transparent. Can't wait for spring cleaning before the preseason kicks in.

I disagree.

Imo

Nah. Chicago is considered a "good" game to many. 173 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.

Miami? 202 yards, 1 TD. Decent, I suppose.

Baltimore? 167 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's, but we won. Is that a good game?

NE? 150 yards, 2 TD's. Decent.

Cleveland? 129 yards, 0 TD's. Only 3Q's of play, but I doubt he was reaching 250+ and 2 TD+.

Pittsburgh? 155 yards, 1 TD, 1INT.

Tampa? 184 yards, 4 INT.

Jax? 193 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT. Not bad, but going against a terrible squad.

Here's some more fun stats. EJ has thrown over 250 yards 1 game in his entire career. He has thrown less that 200 yards 7 times in his career. He has thrown 2 TD's or more in only 4 games in his career. So no, it's not funny that he's done the latter more often. Because he hasn't.

How any chances is this guy going to get, we saw his full potential last year, he stinks.

It's like freakin groundhog day.

Last two years we had the best coaching staff since Levy, it was def. not their fault.

9 wins was a major improvement.

EJ, when he is not injured, can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Let's not sacrifice the year to give the kid one more chance, we already know he doesn't have "it".

Imo

Time to stop hiding behind the curtain. Some proof you have anything to do with this team or we acknowledge you as a bonafide troll.

5-13: EJ MANUEL ON KISS 98.5 (6:23)

5-13: EJ MANUEL TALKS QB COMPETITION ON WGR (10:27)

@WGR550

Manuel: "I've been told it's a clean slate. These coaches didn't draft me or come in when I was a rookie"

Manuel: "I know (Bills fans) haven't seen what I have to offer"

Manuel: "When I went through, it grew me up. It was true adversity in my playing career.... The competitive edge I have now is crazy"

@hsimon62

asked if he was playing it too safe with his passes, Manuel said I was doing what I was told to do

Maybe he just needs a little less air in the ball?

Cleveland? 129 yards, 0 TD's. Only 3Q's of play, but I doubt he was reaching 250+ and 2 TD+.

Tampa? 184 yards, 4 INT.

Here's some more fun stats. EJ has thrown over 250 yards 1 game in his entire career. He has thrown less that 200 yards 7 times in his career. He has thrown 2 TD's or more in only 4 games in his career. So no, it's not funny that he's done the latter more often. Because he hasn't.

You've become nothing but a troll. Fire yourself.

How any chances is this guy going to get, we saw his full potential last year, he stinks.

It's like freakin groundhog day.

Last two years we had the best coaching staff since Levy, it was def. not their fault.

9 wins was a major improvement.

EJ, when he is not injured, can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Let's not sacrifice the year to give the kid one more chance, we already know he doesn't have "it".

Imo

That's not saying much. And Marv was overrated, Imo. How did we see EJs full potential when he was shackled by this great HC you reference. Marrone and his staff DID NOT know how to develop a young QB PERIOD!! As far as putting our eggs in the Matt Cassel basket, did you see his stats after 3 games last season? I believe EJ was beating him in every category until he was pulled by the aforementioned genius coach. I don't think Matt Cassel has been any good since he left NE. He's been a turnover machine since leaving. Was he playing with deflated balls too? I want to see this competition play itself out. U may think EJ doesn't have "it", but I know for sure he's a competitor and will strive to be the day one starter.

Tampa? 184 yards, 4 INT.

He's played 14 games.

Tampa? 184 yards, 4 INT.

So he's throw for 250+ 1 time and puked on himself 0 times. How has he not done the latter more?

I disagree.

Imo

Disagree with what? That the line couldn't block? That Manuel only played 4 games last year? That Manuel had a passer rating in the low 90's the first three games? That he nearly got killed in Houston? That 4 games, three of which were pretty good, and one of which almost got him killed behind a porous line, aren't enough?

Maybe he's only played 14 games but he did have crappy coordinators, crappy HC, crappy offensive system and play calling, crappy line, crappy TE, injured RB, and decent or injured WR, so he still should be great by now.

Well, yeah...but he's the reason his WRs and RBs were injured, he made his coordinators and HC look bad, and couldn't handle the system. Just imagine how much healthier Goodwin would be if Manuel weren't QB.

Time to stop hiding behind the curtain. Some proof you have anything to do with this team or we acknowledge you as a bonafide troll.

does it matter who he is? really.

We are just talking shop here. are not we all equal but different of opinion?

if we are not we should be.

He didn't puke on himself against TB? Against HOU?

I don't recall vomit coming out of his mouth so no, he didn't puke on himself.

HOU he got hit something like 15 times. How often does a QB get hit like that in one game? Tampa I'll give you but he was in his what 8th game as a starter? I know everyone wants franchise QB but even franchise QB's take their licks early.

Everyone knew he was a raw QB that would need time to develop but demands immediate results. Sounds fair right?

Edited by The Wiz