5/13: EJ Manuel Talks Bills' QB Competition

EJ is doing a good job of removing any and all safety nets he may have had in place prior to this season.

If he wins the job and then sucks, we'll know it's because he just sucks.

By the way: his well documented many deficiencies aren't the product of bad coaching last year.

This will be obvious to even his most fervent supports in due course.

Don't argue now; wait a while.

Bad coaching and a bad offensive line didn't help cover up any of those deficiencies though. He may bust, but to put it all on him not being good enough when the deck was stack against him is premature.

Arguing now is the only time to argue. If you are right and he doesn't improve, what's the point of waiting a while? Kind of like a Chinese inspection.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ is doing a good job of removing any and all safety nets he may have had in place prior to this season.

By the way: his well documented many deficiencies aren't the product of bad coaching last year.

This will be obvious to even his most fervent supports in due course.

So let me get this straight...you're excited about getting the chance to prove how right you are that EJ sucks?

You're a fun guy.

and if he doesn't suck

we can all say that you suck! :death:

I'll reiterate

Don't argue now - wait a (long) while.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So, according to EJ, we had a really predictable boring offense, and he was instructed to not take risks. Would kind of explain also how KO looked super aggressive and in command right away, then turned into a giant kitty down the stretch.

We definitely needed to stretch the field more last year. For all the 49ers fan complaints of conservative play calling and predictability, I haven't seen anything as bad what Marrone and Hackett did with those "Spiller up the middle" plays.

I started in on the Orton was being neutered mantra about four weeks in.

Agreed. Marrone should not be in the NFL. He is ruining players careers.

Seems to me Marrone was the worst Bills coach ever to not get fired. Just think, he'd still be running the show if he hadn't walked out on us New Year's Eve.

Edited by scribo

How any chances is this guy going to get, we saw his full potential last year, he stinks.

It's like freakin groundhog day.

Last two years we had the best coaching staff since Levy, it was def. not their fault.

9 wins was a major improvement.

EJ, when he is not injured, can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Let's not sacrifice the year to give the kid one more chance, we already know he doesn't have "it".

Imo

Seems to me Marrone was the worst Bills coach ever to not get fired. Just think, he'd still be running the show if he hadn't walked out on us New Year's Eve.

dude

The O definitely needed to stretch the field more in the past 2 years

with all due respect - to say otherwise would be to admit you were not paying attention.

remember Barry Switzer in Dallas

a joke with a great team can win

Exactly how I feel.

How many times have we heard this type of talk in the off season the past 15 years and it meaning absolutely nothing come September?

Glad he's got a chip on his shoulder, now I hope he goes out and proves he deserves to be the starter.

The problem with that is 15 years of sucking gets lumped on what is transpiring in reality the last 2-3 years.

And as fans....its hard not to do that.

We will see pretty soon.....if EJ comes out and starts chucking it and not standing their holding the ball we will know whats up.

People should WANT EJ Manuel to succeed......imagine if we didnt need to use our 1st round pick next year on a QB and could just go BPA

How any chances is this guy going to get, we saw his full potential last year.

Behind a line that couldn't block traffic, for four whole games. And putting up a QB rating in the low 90's until Houston...behind a line that couldn't block sunlight, facing J.J. Watt, and almost getting killed by that pass rush.

No, we didn't.

dude

The O definitely needed to stretch the field more in the past 2 years

with all due respect - to say otherwise would be to admit you were not paying attention.

remember Barry Switzer in Dallas

a joke with a great team can win

What? I get the impression you think you're disagreeing with me, but I don't think you are.

How any chances is this guy going to get, we saw his full potential last year, he stinks.

Last two years we had the best coaching staff since Levy, it was def. not their fault.

Let's not sacrifice the year to give the kid one more chance, we already know he doesn't have "it".

Imo

You work for the team, right? You said yesterday you were in the draft room, right? You even pointed yourself out in the draft video. I get that you're not claiming to speak for the team, but you just made one hell of a statement. A couple of statements, in fact.

Imo

Best coaching staff = an offensive line coach and where is hackett now?

9 wins - 2 were EJ's. 7 were Ortons and 3 of his wins were because a kicker couldn't kick (and watkins bailed him out), a huge play by Hogan and a Pats** 3rd string team. Oh and EJ beat a Miami team that Orton couldn't even throw for 200 yards against. Not to mention the Raiders game.

For someone that works at OBD, allegedly, you must not like your job.

I normally don't support a player so avidly as this but your hatred toward EJ is getting old. At least other posters throw something other than their own bias against him.

Edited by The Wiz

Imo

You're wrong. IMO.

Imo

Your trolling is so transparent. Can't wait for spring cleaning before the preseason kicks in.

Imo

Leroi,

Nobody is gonna do that.....

In order for EJ to take that spot he is gonna need to be better then the other QBs in a open competition.

Best coaching staff = an offensive line coach and where is hackett now?

9 wins - 2 were EJ's. 7 were Ortons and 3 of his wins were because a kicker couldn't kick (and watkins bailed him out), a huge play by Hogan and a Pats** 3rd string team. Oh and EJ beat a Miami team that Orton couldn't even throw for 200 yards against. Not to mention the Raiders game.

For someone that works at OBD, allegedly, you must not like your job.

I normally don't support a player so avidly as this but your hatred toward EJ is getting old. At least other posters throw something other than their own bias against him.

So EJ gets all the glory for "beating" Miami in a game where he threw for 200 yards and 1 TD but when we won with Orton it was due to him getting bailed out and other factors? The defense played lights out against the Dolphins, we had a special teams TD and Carpenter kicked 5 FGs because the masterful EJ couldn't help get us in the end zone but sure, it was EJ that really beat Miami. :wallbash:

I have no problems with acknowledging that EJ had a decent game against against Miami but can we at least call it both ways here? Bad coaching or not, there are still valid concerns regarding EJ's ability to be even an average starter in this league and this is going to be a very big summer for him.

Edited by Bangarang

What? I get the impression you think you're disagreeing with me, but I don't think you are.

I may have taken your comments as sarc. if so my bad

if not then my point stands

--------

Leroi was in the draft room?

WOW the legend continues!

Can we at least call it both ways here? Bad coaching or not, there are still valid concerns regarding EJ's ability to be even an average starter in this league and this is going to be a very big summer for him.

EJ was a ROOKIE running an offense the HC couldn't decide to stick with!!!

even the great* Tom* Brady has had horrible 4 INT games and some where he was shut out!!!

Yes, he had bad moments, he also had good moments and as noted he had some good 2 minute drills

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So EJ gets all the glory for "beating" Miami in a game where he threw for 200 yards and 1 TD but when we won with Orton it was due to him getting bailed out and other factors? The defense played lights out against the Dolphins, we had a special teams TD and Carpenter kicked 5 FGs because the masterful EJ couldn't help get us in the end zone but sure, it was EJ that really beat Miami. :wallbash:

I have no problems with acknowledging that EJ had a decent game against against Miami but can we at least call it both ways here? Bad coaching or not, there are still valid concerns regarding EJ's ability to be even an average starter in this league and this is going to be a very big summer for him.

I've said it plenty of times that I was in favor of the benching after the chargers and Texans game. He needed to be replaced but Orton turned out to be as bad in the long run, hence the blame on coaching/game planning/play calling.

And EJ gets the glory because he wasn't bailed out in those wins. Chicago you can argue but he was at least game manager for those games. Which is what everyone wants.

Edited by The Wiz

I may have taken your comments as sarc. if so my bad

if not then my point stands

--------

Leroi was in the draft room?

WOW the legend continues!

EJ was a ROOKIE running an offense the HC couldn't decide to stick with!!!

even the great* Tom* Brady has had horrible 4 INT games and some where he was shut out!!!

Yes, he had bad moments, he also had good moments and as noted he had some good 2 minute drills

EJ was a rookie in his 2nd year?

I've said it plenty of times that I was in favor of the benching after the chargers and Texans game. He needed to be replaced but Orton turned out to be as bad in the long run, hence the blame on coaching/game planning/play calling.

There's no question that Orton wasn't that good either and I will agree that being around this coaching staff is a reason why his play deteriorated over time. The bottom line is that EJ had his fair share of good moments and a fair share of pitiful moments. If he's going to have any kind of future in Buffalo or in this league then now is the time to step up. If he doesn't then he'll just get added to long list of 1st round QBs with all the "tools and physical talent" you could ever want that just ended up being busts.

EJ was a rookie in his 2nd year?

There's no question that Orton wasn't that good either and I will agree that being around this coaching staff is a reason why his play deteriorated over time. The bottom line is that EJ had his fair share of good moments and a fair share of pitiful moments. If he's going to have any kind of future in Buffalo or in this league then now is the time to step up. If he doesn't then he'll just get added to long list of 1st round QBs with all the "tools and physical talent" you could ever want that just ended up being busts.

I have no problem agreeing with you there.