Upcoming 30 for 30 on Bills Super Bowl run in 90s

I don't like reading that this is going to be released RIGHT before the superbowl... ugh

Actually, because the fix is in, the omniscient powers have declared this the year the Bills return to the SB and even win it.

Word is leaking out about the puppetmasters setting up development of the background pieces which take longer to produce which support their virtual total control of events.

I must admit I was beginning to question my belief in conspiracy theories after word leaked out about Jade Helm 13, but it appears life is back on track in regard to the next SB!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the entire 30 for 30 series. Have never seen a bad one, even if it was about something I wasnt really interested in beforehand.

However, I really dont have much interest in reliving those memories. And if they release it right before the Super Bowl, I definitely wont watch since we'll be playing in this year's SB and I dont want to jinx it!

Agree.

If it's about their run then I hope it focuses more on the run itself than the SB losses. Many great highlights including the comeback and the 1991 divisional playoff track meet between Kelly and Marino. Getting to the SB from the AFC in those days wasn't easy with the likes of Marino and the Dolphins, Elway and the Broncos, the Chiefs, Raiders, and Oilers all had SB caliber teams.

If it's about their run then I hope it focuses more on the run itself than the SB losses. Many great highlights including the comeback and the 1991 divisional playoff track meet between Kelly and Marino. Getting to the SB from the AFC in those days wasn't easy with the likes of Marino and the Dolphins, Elway and the Broncos, the Chiefs, Raiders, and Oilers all had SB caliber teams.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The original idea of 30 for 30 (or so I thought) was to tell stories that hadn't been widely told or had largely been forgotten. That's part of what makes so many of them so good. Now they're doing stories everyone already knows. The worst example of course is the one they did on the Yankees-Red Sox series (gee, why does the media and especially ESPN ignore that rivalry??).

Of course I'll watch it, but I doubt there's much I'll take away from a rehash of those Bills teams.

Not that I don't love a good espn bashing, but the whole premise of this post is wrong as that episode on Yankees-Red Sox was one of the first in the series.

The whole idea behind 30 for 30 was based on Bill Simmons wanting to do sports documentaries better than HBO. Nothing more.

I don't like reading that this is going to be released RIGHT before the superbowl... ugh

When did you expect them to release it, 4th of July weekend?

I always thought this would be a great 30 for 30. I personally can not wait to see it.

I got to be honest I thought the AFC was pretty weak back then. We had Miami's number, Elway & the Broncos were strong & so was KC & Houston. The key was our division stunk though & we were pretty much guaranteed to go 7-1 at least in the division. Remember the Colts were in our division back then & they sucked. So did NE & the Jets. Split with Miami & take care of business against the rest of the teams & the BIlls were well on their way to home field advantage in 3 out of the 4 super bowls. Noone was beating us at Rich Stadium in January back then. I believe we won 18 in a row at home at one point in that run with the loss that ended the streak was a throwaway meaningless game against Barry Sanders and the Lions the last game of the season. Those championship games against Denver & KC probably turn out differently if the games are played in Mile High & Arrowhead as well as the Houston game if it was played in the Astrodome. It was all about home field advantage back then & the Bills always had the easiest track to it. Remember the Bills were 9-0 in playoff games at home until they lost to Jacksonville in Kelly's last game.

I got to be honest I thought the AFC was pretty weak back then. We had Miami's number, Elway & the Broncos were strong & so was KC & Houston. The key was our division stunk though & we were pretty much guaranteed to go 7-1 at least in the division. Remember the Colts were in our division back then & they sucked. So did NE & the Jets. Split with Miami & take care of business against the rest of the teams & the BIlls were well on their way to home field advantage in 3 out of the 4 super bowls. Noone was beating us at Rich Stadium in January back then. I believe we won 18 in a row at home at one point in that run with the loss that ended the streak was a throwaway meaningless game against Barry Sanders and the Lions the last game of the season. Those championship games against Denver & KC probably turn out differently if the games are played in Mile High & Arrowhead as well as the Houston game if it was played in the Astrodome. It was all about home field advantage back then & the Bills always had the easiest track to it. Remember the Bills were 9-0 in playoff games at home until they lost to Jacksonville in Kelly's last game.

To each their own, I respect your opinion. I still think having to go through Marino in our division and Elway in the conference as well as Marty Schottenheimer coached KC made it pretty tough (though maybe not the same as having to go through the Steelers and Raiders of the 70s). I think the AFC as a whole was tougher than the NFC. It's just the lone best team was always in the NFC. As far as the home-field advantage keep in mind we had to go through 8 road games every year to earn that advantage.

"This is a team, dammit!" -Darryl Talley. I hope it focuses on those huge personalities, and the city's unique good things. But most of all, let's rehash some love for the home field advangement. It was the toughest stadium to play for any opponent in the league for a nice stretch of years. The crowd and the conditions coupled with a blitzkrieg offense and Bruce Smith made The Rich an abosute nightmare for the likes of some of the greatest QBs of all time - Marino, Elway, Moon, and Montana. And of course, use this 30 for 30 to get Tasker in the Hall!

I didn't see a date yet but this is awesome...

@EricFisherSBJ: Upcoming 30 for 30s - Tyson vs Holyfield, Pete Carroll, the Bills' Super Bowl run of the early '90s

I would expect it to be around the time of the SB. Espn usually plans these to coincide with a related event.

I love the 90's bills teams are more popular for losing 4 then if they would of won two...yeah, i'll go with that :)

To each their own, I respect your opinion. I still think having to go through Marino in our division and Elway in the conference as well as Marty Schottenheimer coached KC made it pretty tough (though maybe not the same as having to go through the Steelers and Raiders of the 70s). I think the AFC as a whole was tougher than the NFC. It's just the lone best team was always in the NFC. As far as the home-field advantage keep in mind we had to go through 8 road games every year to earn that advantage.

I think your wrong. The AFC as a whole conference probably was better but the NFC always had 2 top tier teams that had to go thru each other to get to the Super Bowl. SF was there as they were the heavy favorite to beat the giants. Don't forget SF was a top tier team back then & got beat by the Cowboys in back to back NFC championship games. They were in the NFC championship game 4 out of 5 years losing 3 of them before finally breaking thru in 95 against the Cowboys at the stick.