Pats** CB situation is confusing

It amazing, but they always find a way to win.

Having been in the easiest division in the league every season since 2001 hasn't hurt and has helped them get homefield advantage throughout every season.

This will be the first season where the competitiveness in the division, and the QBs, are actually formidable for a change. This of course is premised on the notion that I believe that Cassel is going to put up Flacco/Tannehill type numbers from last season.

The Pats have no running game, not a great D, don't do much unless Gronk is healthy, and rely almost exclusively on a QB whose status for four games is dicey and one that's going to have to play with properly inflated balls now, which will be very interesting.

Either way, IMO, and if Cassel does step up, we'll have a better running game, better D, more receiving options, and only a "worse" QB.

I can see us winning the division and I can see both us and Miami splitting with the Pats and the Pats going 3-3 in the division this season.

Either way, I don't possibly see us being any worse than our 9-7 last season at this point and barring injury. Brady's also not going to be getting the calls anymore from the refs it seems like. Wouldn't surprise me if they treat him as a normal joe from now on, which will be entertaining in itself.

i.e., I don't think that they're going to find ways to win this season. They'll blame it on coming off a championship. I don't see any better than 11-5 this season and it wouldn't surprise me if they go 10-6 or even 9-7. They're so short on talent.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure he does. But he had all-pro CBs in those SB games too, not just scrubs. If he turns one of his WRs into a CB again which was what my post was about, I like my chances if I'm Sammy Watkins and I'm being covered by Danny Amendola. Right now his "best" corner is Logan Ryan who was the one who got torched whenever Revis's hammy would act up last year.

Well you can count your chickens now if you want, but the point remains that judging NE's secondary based on unfamiliar names in May is not wise.

Their pass defense has been ropey for a while, save for last year when they brought Browner and Revis in. I dunno... if the Brady suspension sticks at 4 games maybe this is the year when they get off to a ropey start and do not recover to 11 wins or more. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they finish 9-7.

I can see that. There apparently isn't any love anymore between the league and Brady, so he can't expect to get the calls like he has. The whining should reach new heights this season, will be interesting to watch him and Pats fans react.

They've been very fortunate to have been in the shittiest division in all of football throughout Brady's tenure, but that changes this season. Even the Jets are stocked at DBs which alone might give the Pats fits.

Us and the Fins are both capable of beating the Pats in both games.

You simply cannot have below average talent in so many spots (RB, DB, WR) and continue to rely on a QB, that's been cheating but now can't, to propel you anywhere.

It's clear that the Brady was using underinflated balls vs. the Ravens in the playoffs, I don't think they would have won that divisional round game otherwise. They were outplayed as it was and the Ravens pretty much own the Pats in the playoffs.

If that happens, the excuses that come from the Boston excuse generator should be very amusing.

Arrington just signed a 3yr deal with Ravens, so the reunion the Pats were reportedly looking for at lesser money won't be happening.

Can't say I saw NE getting rid of their top 4 CBs

"The Patriot Way" is on life support. I mean which players enjoy being on a team that is constantly being busted for cheating and whereby the entire known football loving world outside of NE doesn't believe that they're not cheating otherwise in some way.

IMO Belicheat's methods have worn out their welcome. Four Super Bowl wins, not one that they can claim was achieved honestly.

Well you can count your chickens now if you want, but the point remains that judging NE's secondary based on unfamiliar names in May is not wise.

counting chickens? I said it was "confusing." Which is pretty much what everyone is saying including Pats fans. Confusing as in "what are they doing"? "What will it look like?"

I don't expect him to turn a WR into a corner. That was a joke.

Edited by YoloinOhio

what ? - Troy Brown

yes that was the joke I made - that he has done it before and it would be funny if he did it again. But, I don't expect him to because he doesn't have an Asante Samuel on the other side. At least not now... Will be interesting to see what the group ends up looking like.

i hate belleicheck, but nobody coaches secondary play better than him, hes a master of coverage schemes, technique, suing parts of the field as defense in and of itself based on positioning. hes the best, he can take a bunch of average nobodies, and make life hell for any qb....

im sure their play will drop of in the secondary, but dont think for a second he cant make them decent....

i hate belleicheck, but nobody coaches secondary play better than him, hes a master of coverage schemes, technique, suing parts of the field as defense in and of itself based on positioning. hes the best, he can take a bunch of average nobodies, and make life hell for any qb....

im sure their play will drop of in the secondary, but dont think for a second he cant make them decent....

Yet the year they won the super bowl they had a top flight shutdown corner in Revis and a really solid number 2 in Browner, along with solid corners at nickel and dime. The Pats* defense struggled when they lost key players like Asante Samuel and Rodney Harrison retired. I have no clue why they didn't at least sign one more capable corner. The Pats* defense was an absolute nightmare when they were bare at the CB position.

Yet the year they won the super bowl they had a top flight shutdown corner in Revis and a really solid number 2 in Browner, along with solid corners at nickel and dime. The Pats* defense struggled when they lost key players like Asante Samuel and Rodney Harrison retired. I have no clue why they didn't at least sign one more capable corner. The Pats* defense was an absolute nightmare when they were bare at the CB position.

Bro, put the crack pipe down, theye going to be 11-5-13-3 and if we are really good and go deep in the playoffs we will have to go through ne.... their awesome man, i compare them to the celtics of the 80s and the pistons went through hell trying to get past them.... we'll see

Edited by kelsay2sackseason