Ruining QBs: The NFL's Recipe for Disaster

I really had mixed feelings on draft day when we didnt take a QB

Every round after the 2nd I almost expected it.....then we got to round 7 and none selected and for some reason I was just not upset.

Maybe my fear of it is if they actually took a Bryce Petty then Rex would feel pressure to get him on the field sooner rather then later....NONE of these qbs in this draft are ready to start from day 1.

I think they did the right thing.......what I really hope is one of these qbs look decent enough to be a bridge qb that can also start NEXT year while we use our 1st round pick on a QB that even then does not play that year.

I really had mixed feelings on draft day when we didnt take a QB

Every round after the 2nd I almost expected it.....then we got to round 7 and none selected and for some reason I was just not upset.

Maybe my fear of it is if they actually took a Bryce Petty then Rex would feel pressure to get him on the field sooner rather then later....NONE of these qbs in this draft are ready to start from day 1.

I think they did the right thing.......what I really hope is one of these qbs look decent enough to be a bridge qb that can also start NEXT year while we use our 1st round pick on a QB that even then does not play that year.

Its really sad that the fan base wants to give up on EJ so soon and take a step backwards with a 3rd rate rookie QB.

Its really sad that the fan base wants to give up on EJ so soon and take a step backwards with a 3rd rate rookie QB.

were not sad, its sad that ej isnt what we expected. not our fault, hes still on the team though right? wish i was getting millions of dollars and airtime this year from people that "gave up" on me.

I have firmly been on the EJ bandwagon.....

There is something going on mentally with him......maybe our new coaches can fix it.......

He just isnt pulling the trigger

John, I've said this before, EJ's best moments came during two minute drills. When there is no time to think. The rest of the time he was over thinking which led to indecision. Thus checking down or not pulling the trigger.

John, I've said this before, EJ's best moments came during two minute drills. When there is no time to think. The rest of the time he was over thinking which led to indecision. Thus checking down or not pulling the trigger.

I know I know

One thing that gave me a moment of pause was some Rex Ryan comments in the first veteran camp......

It made me feel like he was still having these issues........

I know I know

One thing that gave me a moment of pause was some Rex Ryan comments in the first veteran camp......

Either it is a residual from the past coaching staff or the game needs to slow down for EJ. At least he now has a chance.

I know I know

I picked up on that too. caused me some concern.

let us hope its pre season spin

Either it is a residual from the past coaching staff or the game needs to slow down for EJ. At least he now has a chance.

All anyone can ask isnt it Chris ?

Make or break year for the kid.

Not that he has to start, as much as can he make significant progress ?

lmo

The mess that is the Bills current situation is, IMO, a direct result of the FO ignoring the position for far too long.

I'm NOT comparing him to #12 but Kelly came into his own when he had to hurry it up and react. EJ's 2 minute drill against the Panthers was a thing of beauty. He can clearly "do it" but as so many have said he wasn't built to do it consistently from day one. Very few of these college QBs are.

I'm in the crowd that thinks Moron and Hackett were a large part of the problem. EJ's the antithesis of Geno Smith who has been a pick throwing machine. Our former staff where too much in his ear telling him to err on the side of caution and then yanking him while he was no where near figuring his game out. If Roman's Offense is what it is billed as being, EJ may well flourish. I'd REALLY hate to spend another season watching the "new Orton" MC puke all over the field leaving us in exactly the same situation next year. Ryan has some wiggle room this year. Give EJ his chance and let's see what we have.

Even Parcells lamented the challenges of finding the right QB. These guys are just rare, and I like the fact that the roster is being filled out despite the lack of having one. If and when the Bills have or acquire a true stud, that player will be in a very enviable and advantageous situation. It is what it is. Given the massive shake-up that may or may not happen at O-line, I believe the QB competition will be complicated enough. I am satisfied to watch this season play out knowing that this is not the same old Bills, and they will be fully loaded with their draft picks and players that are good enough to perhaps get traded for additional first round ammunition if there is a QB they really want in 2016. Patience is a virtue.

I always got the sense he was coached hard to 'avoid mistakes' (eg., all those awful deep sideline routes) which seems to me to be the worst way to let a young guy learn. Pretty much the opposite of how Rex handled Geno Smith.