Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

Dude.

This is the SECOND time in their dynasty that they are facing harsh fines for f*cking cheating! What is Buffalo's obsession with "beating them straight up."

What does beating the Patriots straight up even mean?

They need all their players and no one can be suspended, but we can't have dareus because he smoked spice?

They're allowed to communicate with the QB up until the ball is snapped on a separate radio channel than Buffalo?

They can film our practice session for the week?

They can film our defensive coaches, get their signals, and know what plays were going to run for the duration of the game?

They can start the play clock before the ref signals to (ala the AFC championship game v. Baltimore in 11) to rush our kicker if it's under 2 minutes?

They can inflate the footballs to their liking but we have to play with ones set to league standards?

I will never understand the contingent of Buffalo fans that beats this drum that wants to beat them fair and square.

They're serieal cheaters. The only "fair" thing would be a life time ban for Brady and Beliceck, which would bring that team right back down to Earth, and "beating them fair and square" would become as routine as every other NFL team beating any other NFL team--something which happens every sunday, in every stadium across america.

The only reason why no one has been able to beat these crooks for a decade and a half is because their entire house of cards is built on gaming the system by any means necessary. now its coming out. now theyll face punishments.

im ok with winning the division now.

While I agree that they are a bunch of cheaters, and should be suspended, our rise to division champs would be overshadowed by everyone claiming it was because Brady cheated and was out for the year.

I know it is crazy, but I want to see the best teams playing against each other. No I don't hope Brady breaks a leg (Although I yell for Mario to do it every time), no I don't hope gronkowski fractures an arm. Do those things happen? Absolutely. Should there be repercussions for cheating? Absolutely. Brady is a good QB. You cannot deny that. Removing him from the game is a punishment, but at the same time is a gift to us. I don't want gifts. I think we can beat them without a handicap.

You only need to look to the last game of the season last year to see an example. Our own fans were claiming the win doesn't count.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the coming days Tom Brady can cement his legacy in one of two ways:

1. He can continue to deny, while the NFL commish rolls hard on the two locker guys. Brady and the Patriot organization can let the locker guys take the fall for the Mighty Tom Brady.

2. Or, he can be a stand up guy, take the heat, the blame, and rightful punishment.

If he chooses to let two idiots take the fall, I hope all of America loses all respect for him and his legacy. It will surely be tarnished and he can go to hell.

If he stands up and protects the two morons that helped him cheat, he will save a lot of face and we can all forgot about this incident and move on once he comes back.

Sadly, I believe he will listed to owner Kraft and his agent and let the two guys take the fall. Otherwise, he would have come clean already. In which case, here's hoping Dareus breaks Brady's leg in week 2.

Jim Kelly would never have sacrificed two nobody's for something he did..

Edited by jumbalaya

The Commish will apologize to Tom for setting the minimum pressure standard so high, acknowledge that Tom was correct in his action to set it at an appropriate level and promise never to question anything he says or does again. Tom will require that Goodell not attend any of the first 6 games of the season.

In the coming days Tom Brady can cement his legacy in one of two ways:

1. He can continue to deny, while the NFL commish rolls hard on the two locker guys. Brady and the Patriot organization can let the locker guys take the fall for the Mighty Tom Brady.

2. Or, he can be a stand up guy, take the heat, the blame, and rightful punishment.

If he chooses to let two idiots take the fall, I hope all of America loses all respect for him and his legacy. It will surely be tarnished and he can go to hell.

If he stands up and protects the two morons that helped him cheat, he will save a lot of face and we can all forgot about this incident and move on once he comes back.

Sadly, I believe he will listed to owner Kraft and his agent and let the two guys take the fall. Otherwise, he would have come clean already. In which case, here's hoping Dareus breaks Brady's leg in week 2.

Jim Kelly would never have sacrificed two nobody's for something he did..

I think no natter what happens with this, the hard core Brady fans will keep on claiming him to be the GOAT and the hard core Brady haters will continue hating him. The average Joe borderline football fan will forget about this quickly and it wont be a big deal to them.

It SHOULD be 4-6 games for hindering and not complying with an NFL investigation and an additional 2 games for their findings of his role in all of this. Will it be? Who knows.

The NFL is in a tough position. People want to go see stars, especially QB's. Brady is among the biggest stars if not THE biggest in the NFL.

That being said, it sets a dangerous precedent if the NFL gives him a slap on the wrist as players can then refuse to comply with an investigation and have nothing happen because of it, especially if they know handing over what is requested would result in a much longer suspension. Players, Coaches, GM's and Owners need to shown this type of defiance will not be tolerated and their will be severe consequences for refusals to comply. No way to better show it than giving one of its biggest stars a significant suspension, with the main part coming because of his refusal to comply with official league requests during an investigation.

Edited by matter2003

More like Scapegoat*...

Imo

More like:

In the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules, the league notes that "Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline."

His failure to comply with an official league investigation warrants a lengthy suspension all by itself, regardless of if he was found guilty or not.

Edited by matter2003

Brady will get a 2 game suspension at the teams discretion. So he gets to rest Week 2 against the Jaguars and Week 17 before the playoffs

I would suspend Brady for a single game. The TNF Season Opener hoist the trophy festivities. I would also auto decline all Roughing The Passer penalties with Brady as QB

While I agree that they are a bunch of cheaters, and should be suspended, our rise to division champs would be overshadowed by everyone claiming it was because Brady cheated and was out for the year.

I know it is crazy, but I want to see the best teams playing against each other. No I don't hope Brady breaks a leg (Although I yell for Mario to do it every time), no I don't hope gronkowski fractures an arm. Do those things happen? Absolutely. Should there be repercussions for cheating? Absolutely. Brady is a good QB. You cannot deny that. Removing him from the game is a punishment, but at the same time is a gift to us. I don't want gifts. I think we can beat them without a handicap.

You only need to look to the last game of the season last year to see an example. Our own fans were claiming the win doesn't count.

you and i both agree on this. Y=That means you have mental issues. sorry Bro

The punishment is playing a year with the Cleveland Browns

oh thats out of the box thinking ! i like it

More like:

In the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules, the league notes that "Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline."

His failure to comply with an official league investigation warrants a lengthy suspension all by itself, regardless of if he was found guilty or not.

no kidding.. geez scapegoat? How about instigator, ring leader, initiator , Queen of the cheats, BB being the king. its a culture that defiles everyone it affects

What ever happened to, "innocent until proven guilty". Now all I see is, "guilty until proven innocent".

late to the party dear Sir?

Edited by 3rdand12

What ever happened to, "innocent until proven guilty". Now all I see is, "guilty until proven innocent".

Welcome to the Intarweb and the age of the 24 hour news cycle, where you are tried and convicted within the first hour. Facts be damned

He refused to supply evidence which likely incriminated himself. The evidence that WAS available was determined to be sufficient to determine there was a greater than 50% chance he was involved. That IS being proven guilty in a non criminal trial. You obvious don't understand the standard burden of proof.

Just for not complying with investigation he should get at least 4-6 games.

Welcome to the Intarweb and the age of the 24 hour news cycle, where you are tried and convicted within the first hour. Facts be damned

The facts sufficiently showed there was a greater than 50% likelihood he was involved. That IS proof enough in non criminal trials. Refusing to comply with league investigations by itself is enough to warrant a suspension.

Usually I am the guy that preaches this on here. He pretty much was just proven guilty.

The suspension will likely be 75% for refusing to comply with the investigation and 25% for his role in the deflation