Prediction Time! What Will Tom Brady's Punishment Be?

361 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady's penalty be for 'Deflategate'?

• No penalty. The NFL will have a meeting with him, and declare the situation resolved.
    • Small to moderate fine. (Less than $500k)
    • Larger fine. ($500k and above)
    • 1-2 game suspension
    • 3 or more game suspension
    • Lifetime ban.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread, Lord Dorkington.

4 games and $250,000 fine for Brady.

1 year suspension for Needlededee and Needlededum.

$250,000 fine for the Patriots for allowing it to happen but NFL acknowledging they don't think the team knew (whether that is true or not, whether the NFL believes it or not).

@CharlesRobinson: Worth noting: #NFL fined Brett Favre for not handing over his phone in Jenn Sterger investigation. #Patriots Tom Brady did the same thing.

Wonder if Favre's dick pics impacted the outcome of any games.

How does Sean Payton and the "lack of institutional control" factor in here? Brady is clearly in some trouble. That is obvious and a suspension is likely. If Goodell is going to say that "ignorance is not an excuse" than that must apply here too correct?

cheater fans are saying nothing was done wrong or that the ball guys did it without anyone directing them to they just did it cause they thought they needed too.

No one ever accused them of being intelligent, I'm sure equipment guys break NFL rules all the time without being prompted as they know what will make the players comfortable.

I kind of want to sign up at a Patriots forum with the same question and options to see what the results would be.

There would be a resounding crying out of Tommy Boy's innocence.

How does Sean Payton and the "lack of institutional control" factor in here? Brady is clearly in some trouble. That is obvious and a suspension is likely. If Goodell is going to say that "ignorance is not an excuse" than that must apply here too correct?

If we're lucky he won't, the public will be in outrage, and he will suspend Belichick indefinitely as a kneejerk response a la Ray Rice.

Most of the opinions on Patriots Planet are that this is BS, but one poster seemed to have his head on straight:

I would caution all Pats fans to read through the entire thing before picking any single portion out & concluding the whole thing is bs based on that 1 portion. I've read through it all and imo Brady was in on it and had been orchestrating lower pressure in his footballs for a while. His 2 stooges did him no favors by throwing him under the bus with their dimwitted texts implicating him but no logical person can read through that and come away thinking Brady is innocent.

I expect at least a fine for Brady but more than likely a suspension not so much for the deflation as much as for lying about it to Wells and to NFL fans in his presser and for not cooperating fully. If there's 1 thing we've learned about Goodell, he doesn't like to be crossed. If the 2 stooges had only 'lost' their phones...

At least Kraft and Belichick were totally exonerated. I don't expect they're very happy with TB either right now.

I know I'm not.