Huckabee Is In!

This would appear to be a statement that needs context. Can you provide a link?

"I respect the courts, but the Supreme Court is only that -- the supreme of the courts. It is not the supreme being. It cannot overrule God," he said. "When it comes to prayer, when it comes to life, and when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, the court cannot change what God has created."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/29/politics/mike-huckabee-god-election-2016-supreme-court/

"I respect the courts, but the Supreme Court is only that -- the supreme of the courts. It is not the supreme being. It cannot overrule God," he said. "When it comes to prayer, when it comes to life, and when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, the court cannot change what God has created."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/29/politics/mike-huckabee-god-election-2016-supreme-court/

What if God was on the Supreme Court?

Oh, !@#$ him. New York requires two forms of ID, one photo. Show me where in ANY holy book any God specified that?

Now, are those his personal beliefs or are they ones that he would follow as president? I freely admit that my "context" question was purely playing the devil's advocate. Huckabee is not going to become president. He's too honest. The media would shred him to pieces, chew him up and spit him out for the chance to worship at the feet of the evil that is Hillary. The candidate that will beat her will have to be willing to take her on without kid gloves and get her to have more "what difference does it make" moments. They need to play her southern black dialect speech over and over. If enough people see the real her, then she'll lose.

Now, are those his personal beliefs or are they ones that he would follow as president? I freely admit that my "context" question was purely playing the devil's advocate. Huckabee is not going to become president. He's too honest.

No disagreements there. I think Huckabee is a swell guy and a genuinely good person from everything I've ever read about the guy. But he's got no shot.

never ceases to amaze me how candidates of the modern repube party try to out compete each other on a set of positions that by and large run counter to voter preference I like to crusade about.

Fixed.

never ceases to amaze me how candidates of the modern repube party try to out compete each other on a set of positions that by and large run counter to voter preference

Seriously. They should take a lesson from the left and focus on the things that really matter to voters.

Like global warming and the war on women.

Seriously. They should take a lesson from the left and focus on the things that really matter to voters.

RACISM IN TODAY’S POLITICIZED MEDIA: Ruben Navarrette: Halperin interview of Ted Cruz was painful.

Imagine the following pep talk that a young Ted Cruz might have gotten from his father, Rafael, about 35 years ago.

“My son, I was tortured in a jail cell in Cuba, but I managed to come to the United States and build a life so that you could live your dreams. I grew up speaking Spanish, but I made sure you spoke English so you could go far. If you study hard, you can attend great universities. You can clerk for the chief justice of the Supreme Court, become a great trial lawyer and argue nine cases before the high court, get elected to the U.S. Senate, and someday run for president.

“Then, after all the family’s efforts and sacrifices, one day, you can go on an interview program and be asked by a smug and clueless white journalist if you’re authentically Cuban.”

Watching Mark Halperin of Bloomberg Politics interview Cruz recently, I wasn’t just uncomfortable. I was actually nauseated.

As a journalist, I felt embarrassed for Halperin. As a Hispanic, I felt like I was watching a college fraternity have fun with racial stereotypes.

Well, minus the fun part. But you’ll note that it’s overwhelmingly Democrats who traffic in racial stereotypes; they just usually get a pass.

But maybe not this time. John Nolte: This seems like a really good time to tweet other members of the media to pressure them for comment on Mark Halperin’s overt racism.

never ceases to amaze me how candidates of the modern repube party try to out compete each other on a set of positions that by and large run counter to voter preference

Why should it surprise you? The guy just wants to keep his fox news show and he can't be a has been and do it. This is just part of of his media show. Staying out there in the public eye.

Ok Chef, what question do you have about that statement?

People do care about the planet and women's reproductive rights

Why should it surprise you? The guy just wants to keep his fox news show and he can't be a has been and do it. This is just part of of his media show. Staying out there in the public eye.

Huckabee resigned from his show several weeks ago. Try to keep up.

No disagreements there. I think Huckabee is a swell guy and a genuinely good person from everything I've ever read about the guy. But he's got no shot.

Not with a name like Huckabee.

People do care about the planet and women's reproductive rights

Regardless of how you feel about an issue, when your argument is reduced to using euphemisms to obscure the reality of what you're discussing, it might be a good idea to consider why you have to do so.

RACISM IN TODAY’S POLITICIZED MEDIA: Ruben Navarrette: Halperin interview of Ted Cruz was painful.

Well, minus the fun part. But you’ll note that it’s overwhelmingly Democrats who traffic in racial stereotypes; they just usually get a pass.

But maybe not this time. John Nolte: This seems like a really good time to tweet other members of the media to pressure them for comment on Mark Halperin’s overt racism.

Aside from this poorly conducted interview by Halperin, he is one of the better informed and fair journalists that are out there. I respect the guy and whenever he has something to say, it's usually worth listening.