Huckabee Is In!

What's this make, 19, 20 of them?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/07/us/politics/huckabee-vows-to-protect-programs-for-older-americans.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Promising to preserve government handouts to older GOP leaning voters...and to take away health care from younger voters

At the core of Republican concerns about the programs is a traditional distrust of big-government largess, coupled with growing fears about their long-term insolvency. Yet the party’s base of white — and often older — voters includes many blue-collar conservatives who mistrust the government but depend on its programs for older Americans.

Government bad?

And yet with all the corruption, with all the lies, with all the out-of-touch tax-dodging, with all the international money laundering through her foundation to provide favors as Secretary of State, your lone candidate will only and ever be just the very old, very mistrusted Hillary Clinton.

But hey...that's just the way a nutsucking statist likes his candidates: spoon-fed so as to avoid discussion or independent thought.

Good luck with all that.

Edited by LABillzFan

Government bad?

At the core of Republican concerns about the programs is a traditional distrust of big-government largess, coupled with growing fears about their long-term insolvency. Yet the party’s base of white — and often older — voters includes many blue-collar conservatives who mistrust the government but depend on its programs for older Americans.

If the government got out of the way. Let me keep more of my OWN money there would be no need for them or their programs.

Who is saying that?

Answer: Whomever is telling gatorman what to post. You know the way the simpletons discuss politics:

- If you want smaller government with powers limited to the constitution, you think all government is bad and want it removed.

- If you want to reduce the number people on welfare, you want children to starve.

- If you want to repeal the ACA, you want to push grandma off a cliff.

Progs like gatorman are just too simple-minded to ever take their thought process beyond the spoon-fed extremes designed to frustrate and push away those who want to have an intellectual discussion.

Whether or not you agree with his politics, Huckabee is the most boring person to watch on TV. He delivers jokes, which are most likely written by writers, because they're not terrible. They're not great either, but they're alright. But his delivery is awful.

He's about as squeaky clean and common sense as you'll find in a politician IMO. Qualities that would go a long way in Washington.

Edited by keepthefaith

He's about as squeaky clean and common sense as you'll find in a politician IMO. Qualities that would go a long way in Washington.

That shows an almost complete lack of understanding of Washington. "Squeaky clean and common sense" wouldn't last half an hour in this snake pit.

That shows an almost complete lack of understanding of Washington. "Squeaky clean and common sense" wouldn't last half an hour in this snake pit.

Disagree. Huckabee not at the top of my list but I'm quite sure his leadership style and personality would promote a more cooperative and more productive environment with the house, senate and the opposing party compared to what's been in the White house over the past couple decades.

Disagree. Huckabee not at the top of my list but I'm quite sure his leadership style and personality would promote a more cooperative and more productive environment with the house, senate and the opposing party compared to what's been in the White house over the past couple decades.

So despite every president of the past 30 years (at least) compromising their ideals once they got to Washington, you think Huckabee will be different.

Good luck with that.

Great to have the Huckster in the race. Plays a mean bass.

Doesn't matter what his disposition is, on day one he'd have a target on his back for all Dems to shoot at.

Great to have the Huckster in the race. Plays a mean bass.

Doesn't matter what his disposition is, on day one he'd have a target on his back for all Dems to shoot at.

Regardless of his "disposition", why do you think dems would target him?

Regardless of his "disposition", why do you think dems would target him?

Because he is a Republican.

Because he said he's put God before the Supreme Court -- a noble outlook for a private citizen but cuts against everything our political system is supposed to be about.

Because he said he's put God before the Supreme Court -- a noble outlook for a private citizen but cuts against everything our political system is supposed to be about.

This would appear to be a statement that needs context. Can you provide a link?

Err dont tell me, his platform is ...

God is my co-pilot

Solution to gun violence is more guns

Global warming is a liberal hoax

Bomb Iran

And above all else: Israel

How did I know? Simple, cut and paste from other repubes

I see you skipped all the big important issues.