Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

@TheDraftWire

USA TODAY Mock #NFLDraft 2016: Laquon Treadwell doesn't make it past No. 7 http://usat.ly/1Sn7ANS

Cgl06ltWgAAnT61.jpg

USA TODAYs Nate Davis has officially released his mock draft 6.0, which features both the trades by the Los Angeles Rams to No. 1 and Philadelphia Eagles to No. 2.

These moves obviously shook things up quite a bit, and theres a whole lot to take away from his mock draft. Be sure to click on the link above to see Davis complete first round in detail, but we have a look at some selections who really stand out.

19. Buffalo Bills Mackensie Alexander, Clemson: Few coaches value corners like Rex Ryan, who also has a soft spot for Clemson players. Alexander would be a nice option defending the slot between outside CBs Stephon Gilmore and Ronald Darby.

I would love it, but that would take some grande cajones given what the current roster looks like.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love it, but that would take some grande cajones given what the current roster looks like.

I think the are several members of this board who might actually stroke out if this happened. I would hate it myself

@SI_PeterKing

Klemkomock. @RobertKlemko’s forecast, a week out. https://t.co/0NtxnGWJJM

19. Bills: Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky

As he is wont to do, Rex Ryan takes on a guy with a suspect off-field résumé. The Bills produced just 21 sacks last season, fewest in franchise history. Buffalo should consider drafting a linebacker or an interior linemen here as well.

@PFF

19 PFF Analysts, 253 draft picks: https://t.co/BOkeDLteEE

19. Tennessee Titans (from Buffalo): Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia

General manager: Josh Liskiewitz

Trade details: Buffalo gets Nos. 33 and 45 in exchange for Nos. 19 and 156.

33. Buffalo Bills (from Tennessee): Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

General manager: Billy Moy
*Buffalo traded picks 19 and 156 to Tennessee for picks 33 and 45*

Best player available, paired with a perfect scheme fit, traded out of the first round and was still able to grab the guy who is 18th on the team big board. Preston Brown had a -38.2 overall grade last season — including a -22.9 grade against the run — and penciled in starter Tony Steward (a sixth-round pick last season) managed to put together a -2.0 overall grade (and miss two tackles) in just eight snaps last season. With Ragland, the Bills pick up a force at the inside linebacker position who Rex Ryan should love — Ragland was the only LB last season to finish with a +7.0 or better grade in all facets (coverage, run defense and pass rush).

45. Buffalo Bills (from Tennessee via Los Angeles): Kyler Fackrell, EDGE, Utah State

Fackrell provides the Bills with versatility off the edge. He was sixth among this class with a 15.7 pass rush productivity rating and he came away with a positive coverage grade last year after dropping into coverage 192 times.

49. Buffalo Bills: Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford

Garnett is the best pull-blocker in the class and has the potential to be among the league’s best-run blockers within Buffalo’s scheme. The right side of the offensive line needed to be addressed at some point, trading down out of the first round allowed for it to happen within the first 50 picks.

80. Buffalo Bills: Darian Thompson, S, Boise State

Rex Ryan and the Buffalo defense gets another dynamic player in Thompson. Thompson’s +6.4 coverage grade was 15th among this class of safeties (his +13.1 coverage grade last season was 1st among this group) and he was third in the class in 2015 with a 7.4 run stop percentage.

117. Buffalo Bills: Devin Lucien, WR, Arizona State

He has questionable top-end speed, but is a solid route-runner, has the ability to separate, has arguably the best hands in the class (just five drops over the past two seasons despite poor QB play) and has good run-after-the-catch ability. Buffalo lost both Percy Harvin (retirement) and Chris Hogan (FA to NE) this offseason and Robert Woods has a -9.8 receiving grade in his first three seasons.

139. Buffalo Bills (compensatory selection): Jeff Driskel, QB, Louisiana Tech

Driskel is one of the more athletic, if not the most athletic, quarterbacks in this class, and he also had the 11th-highest passing grade (+22.0) in this year’s draft class in 2015. Hopefully he supplants EJ Manuel as Buffalo’s backup, as the former first-round pick has a -33.4 overall grade over his career.

192. Buffalo Bills: Cody Core, WR, Mississippi

Wanted Jenson Stoshak here, but he was taken the pick before by the Lions. Core was an easy decision, though, once Stoshak was off the board; he’s a great athlete who has all of the tools to develop into a very good receiver, he just needs to clean up his route-running. Core was fifth among WRs in this draft class last season, with a 61.5 percent catch rate on balls that traveled at least 20 yards in the air.

218. Buffalo Bills (compensatory selection): Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU

The Bills were very much hoping to address the RT spot in this draft; Conklin was my primary target in Round 1, but the chips just didn’t fall that way. Instead of spending a pick here on a tackle I have little-to-no hope for, I went with a talented (but troubled) CB in Robinson. Robinson has loads of upside, and if he can get his act together, he could be one of the steals of the draft.

You would love it?

I gotta ask why? Especially considering this is a less-than-great CB class and there is sure to be excellent D-Line prospects available at #19...Guys that would play almost every down...You would be Drafting a guy that would be competing for no more than the Nickel Back position at #19...And even at Nickel he would have serious competition...It literally makes no sense unless they are 100% convinced Gilmore is gone...And even then you're basically sitting #19 for a year...It's not exactly premium roster building... B-)

I think the are several members of this board who might actually stroke out if this happened. I would hate it myself

I'm one of the stroke guys... :lol:

@SI_PeterKing

Klemkomock. @RobertKlemko’s forecast, a week out. https://t.co/0NtxnGWJJM

19. Bills: Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky

As he is wont to do, Rex Ryan takes on a guy with a suspect off-field résumé. The Bills produced just 21 sacks last season, fewest in franchise history. Buffalo should consider drafting a linebacker or an interior linemen here as well.

@PFF

19 PFF Analysts, 253 draft picks: https://t.co/BOkeDLteEE

19. Tennessee Titans (from Buffalo): Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia

General manager: Josh Liskiewitz

Trade details: Buffalo gets Nos. 33 and 45 in exchange for Nos. 19 and 156.

33. Buffalo Bills (from Tennessee): Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

Best player available, paired with a perfect scheme fit, traded out of the first round and was still able to grab the guy who is 18th on the team big board. Preston Brown had a -38.2 overall grade last season — including a -22.9 grade against the run — and penciled in starter Tony Steward (a sixth-round pick last season) managed to put together a -2.0 overall grade (and miss two tackles) in just eight snaps last season. With Ragland, the Bills pick up a force at the inside linebacker position who Rex Ryan should love — Ragland was the only LB last season to finish with a +7.0 or better grade in all facets (coverage, run defense and pass rush).

45. Buffalo Bills (from Tennessee via Los Angeles): Kyler Fackrell, EDGE, Utah State

Fackrell provides the Bills with versatility off the edge. He was sixth among this class with a 15.7 pass rush productivity rating and he came away with a positive coverage grade last year after dropping into coverage 192 times.

49. Buffalo Bills: Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford

Garnett is the best pull-blocker in the class and has the potential to be among the league’s best-run blockers within Buffalo’s scheme. The right side of the offensive line needed to be addressed at some point, trading down out of the first round allowed for it to happen within the first 50 picks.

80. Buffalo Bills: Darian Thompson, S, Boise State

Rex Ryan and the Buffalo defense gets another dynamic player in Thompson. Thompson’s +6.4 coverage grade was 15th among this class of safeties (his +13.1 coverage grade last season was 1st among this group) and he was third in the class in 2015 with a 7.4 run stop percentage.

117. Buffalo Bills: Devin Lucien, WR, Arizona State

He has questionable top-end speed, but is a solid route-runner, has the ability to separate, has arguably the best hands in the class (just five drops over the past two seasons despite poor QB play) and has good run-after-the-catch ability. Buffalo lost both Percy Harvin (retirement) and Chris Hogan (FA to NE) this offseason and Robert Woods has a -9.8 receiving grade in his first three seasons.

139. Buffalo Bills (compensatory selection): Jeff Driskel, QB, Louisiana Tech

Driskel is one of the more athletic, if not the most athletic, quarterbacks in this class, and he also had the 11th-highest passing grade (+22.0) in this year’s draft class in 2015. Hopefully he supplants EJ Manuel as Buffalo’s backup, as the former first-round pick has a -33.4 overall grade over his career.

192. Buffalo Bills: Cody Core, WR, Mississippi

Wanted Jenson Stoshak here, but he was taken the pick before by the Lions. Core was an easy decision, though, once Stoshak was off the board; he’s a great athlete who has all of the tools to develop into a very good receiver, he just needs to clean up his route-running. Core was fifth among WRs in this draft class last season, with a 61.5 percent catch rate on balls that traveled at least 20 yards in the air.

218. Buffalo Bills (compensatory selection): Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU

The Bills were very much hoping to address the RT spot in this draft; Conklin was my primary target in Round 1, but the chips just didn’t fall that way. Instead of spending a pick here on a tackle I have little-to-no hope for, I went with a talented (but troubled) CB in Robinson. Robinson has loads of upside, and if he can get his act together, he could be one of the steals of the draft.

I don't hate the Trade Down...Or the players in the 2nd...I REALLY like Fackrell...But no D-line the whole draft? Is anyone aware we basically have 3 defensive Linemen total and one is 32 years old coming off a knee injury?

And no way Rashard Robinson lasts till #218...

@JonahJavad

Here you go #BillsMafia... Bills Mock Draft 6.0: Fan's Choice (Photo: Kirby Lee @usatsimg) http://www.wgrz.com/sports/fans-choice-bills-mock-draft-60/147223778

Cgl65poWgAA9-dH.jpg

With the 19th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Kamalei Correa - Linebacker/Defensive End - Boise State

With the 49th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...Chris Jones - Defensive Tackle - Mississippi State

You would love it?

I gotta ask why? Especially considering this is a less-than-great CB class and there is sure to be excellent D-Line prospects available at #19...Guys that would play almost every down...You would be Drafting a guy that would be competing for no more than the Nickel Back position at #19...And even at Nickel he would have serious competition...It literally makes no sense unless they are 100% convinced Gilmore is gone...And even then you're basically sitting #19 for a year...It's not exactly premium roster building... B-)

Stroke guys in Buffalo? Well I'm glad you guys are convinced we know what the hell we are doing and would be that disappointed!

I'm convinced Alexander is going to be one of the steals of the draft. After this year we would be able to move on from Gilmore without breaking the bank. Id rather have Glenn and hopefully a productive TT inked to big deals. We would then have two elite young corners on rookie deals for the future and still have money to spend to address needs.

If we ink Glenn, Gilmore and Taylor we will have another offseason in which we can't address any holes through FA. Bargains are to be had and to go two straight years sitting at the cap is fiscally irresponsible. Obviously we have glaring holes that could be addressed with Jones, Diche, Rankins etc..but I'm not convinced we make the right move. I would love all those guys and totally understand it, but looking at the chances we draft a Lee, Lynch, or Floyd I will rejoice that with Alexander (although not a need) will be a future stud.

So in short...with some serious duds lurking around our draft board at 19 I will be in love with anyone I consider to be a stud...such as Alexander.

Stroke guys in Buffalo? Well I'm glad you guys are convinced we know what the hell we are doing and would be that disappointed!

I'm convinced Alexander is going to be one of the steals of the draft. After this year we would be able to move on from Gilmore without breaking the bank. Id rather have Glenn and hopefully a productive TT inked to big deals. We would then have two elite young corners on rookie deals for the future and still have money to spend to address needs.

If we ink Glenn, Gilmore and Taylor we will have another offseason in which we can't address any holes through FA. Bargains are to be had and to go two straight years sitting at the cap is fiscally irresponsible. Obviously we have glaring holes that could be addressed with Jones, Diche, Rankins etc..but I'm not convinced we make the right move. I would love all those guys and totally understand it, but looking at the chances we draft a Lee, Lynch, or Floyd I will rejoice that with Alexander (although not a need) will be a future stud.

So in short...with some serious duds lurking around our draft board at 19 I will be in love with anyone I consider to be a stud...such as Alexander.

The problem with this is the Bills do not need to address the loss of Gilmore until it actually happens. Even if they decide to let him walk next year, they do have him this year, and they have real needs at DL and LB. it makes no sense to draft a Gilmore replacement at this point. Perhaps the Bills will see it your way and select a BPA, if he actually is at that point, rather than fill a need, but I doubt it. If that were the case, they would probably try to trade down.

@JonahJavad

Here you go #BillsMafia... Bills Mock Draft 6.0: Fan's Choice (Photo: Kirby Lee @usatsimg) http://www.wgrz.com/sports/fans-choice-bills-mock-draft-60/147223778

Cgl65poWgAA9-dH.jpg

With the 19th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Kamalei Correa - Linebacker/Defensive End - Boise State

With the 49th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...Chris Jones - Defensive Tackle - Mississippi State

If Correa goes before Jones in this Draft I'll eat my...

Nevermind... B-)

I almost thought that it was a typo with Jones at 19 and Correa at 49.

Does seem to be reversed based on the relative rankings of the players.

Very strange...First time I've seen Correa in the 1st...I'm sure I've missed a couple though... B-)

I'm unsure if the Bills know what they are doing...However I have an unhealthy abundance of confidence that I know what I'm doing... :lol:

I'm interested in who these duds are because no matter what there is going to be one heck of a good D-lineman available at #19...It literally does not matter how this Draft falls...There will be a premium D-lineman available that fits Rex's scheme much better than Mario did...It's pretty much a lock...Whether it's Robinson, Reed, Butler, Jones, Rankins, Nkemdiche (assuming he's not taken off their board)...One of them will be there...And the Bills are in desperate need of that 3rd D-lineman that can play up and down the line in any front...Not to mention there's at least an outside shot that Shaq Lawson will be there...Remember Rex had Richardson and Wilkerson in NY...Also remember a key piece to the Bills D-line is 32 years old coming off a knee injury...

I don't mean for this to be a knock on Alexander...It's certainly not meant to be...And I recognize you see something special in the kid...But I feel the same way about that possible pick as I did when the Bills Drafted CJ Spiller while Lynch and Jackson were still on the roster and in their prime...I don't see it as wise team-building when you have BIG needs elsewhere that can be filled by prospects with similar or better grades... B-)

If they reversed Jones and Correa I would LOVE it......I would love it even more in a trade down

Yes! I would double love it!!! B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

A position-by-position look at my favorite non-first round prospects of the 2016 NFL Draft, featuring prospects hailing from the Ivy League all the way up to the SEC.

@MelKiperESPN

Coming up -- 7:30 on ESPN a whopping *90-minute* mock draft special where WE make the picks. #MelToddMock

@RyanTalbotBills

#Bills mock 6.0 has Buffalo adding a versatile LB in the first round: http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1662910-bfr-mock-6-0-bills-draft-movable-chess-piece

proxy.jpg?t=HBg8aHR0cDovL2ltZy5zY291dC5j

not bad

I have my meds next to the table for rounds 1 , 2 and 3.

You would love it?

I don't hate the Trade Down...Or the players in the 2nd...I REALLY like Fackrell...But no D-line the whole draft? Is anyone aware we basically have 3 defensive Linemen total and one is 32 years old coming off a knee injury?

And no way Rashard Robinson lasts till #218...

Has Spence at DE

I'm unsure if the Bills know what they are doing...However I have an unhealthy abundance of confidence that I know what I'm doing... :lol:

I'm interested in who these duds are because no matter what there is going to be one heck of a good D-lineman available at #19...It literally does not matter how this Draft falls...There will be a premium D-lineman available that fits Rex's scheme much better than Mario did...It's pretty much a lock...Whether it's Robinson, Reed, Butler, Jones, Rankins, Nkemdiche (assuming he's not taken off their board)...One of them will be there...And the Bills are in desperate need of that 3rd D-lineman that can play up and down the line in any front...Not to mention there's at least an outside shot that Shaq Lawson will be there...Remember Rex had Richardson and Wilkerson in NY...Also remember a key piece to the Bills D-line is 32 years old coming off a knee injury...

I don't mean for this to be a knock on Alexander...It's certainly not meant to be...And I recognize you see something special in the kid...But I feel the same way about that possible pick as I did when the Bills Drafted CJ Spiller while Lynch and Jackson were still on the roster and in their prime...I don't see it as wise team-building when you have BIG needs elsewhere that can be filled by prospects with similar or better grades... B-)

Yes! I would double love it!!! B-)

well said all around