Baltimore thugs flipping off cops in the streets

No. That would be: Bleeding heart liberal idiot, stone-cold conservative idiot. Get it right.

:nana:

Safety? SAFETY? Wasn't it you that would like to quote Christa McAuliffe:

"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Now you are clinging to safety? Safety?

The police need to let go (a little) and stop thinking about themselves all the time and start serving OTHERS. That's their job.

I get the "unconscious bias"... That's a real problem.

That's not easy. These guys are risking their lives and human nature puts that at priority #1.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not easy. These guys are risking their lives and human nature puts that at priority #1.

Understandable. I said within reason/a little. But people are just brutally selfish nowadays. Mix in a police union and you have dynamite in a can. We need more risk takers out there that will lay the body and life on the line, not lay up short. It is thankless and it sucks. Don't like it, take a job on Wall Street, not Main street. They can turn the clock back just a little bit to a time when there was less hero worship AND many didn't want to indulge in hero worship. It's called civil service for a reason. Good stewardship for a reason. You don't go into civil service to become well off and retire @ 55. It's selfless and puts bodies on the line for others and your community. Yes, human nature plays a part... BUT I think it is worse in this era now.

One can always hide behind "safety" to the point of paralysis.

No. That would be: Bleeding heart liberal idiot, stone-cold conservative idiot. Get it right.

:nana:

Safety? SAFETY? Wasn't it you that would like to quote Christa McAuliffe:

"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Now you are clinging to safety? Safety?

The police need to let go (a little) and stop thinking about themselves all the time and start serving OTHERS. That's their job.

I get the "unconscious bias"... That's a real problem.

I am not "clinging" to safety. I am pointing out that, given their profession, they often have to act aggressively to control situations for their own safety.

I am pointing out that, given their profession, they often have to act aggressively to control situations for their own safety.

That is true... But, IMO they fall back on it (safety) way too much. I understand the inherant risk innvolved, the card is played way too much. Then you have NOLA police which is in a league of their own. SEE: Hurricane Katrina.

That is true... But, IMO they fall back on it (safety) way too much. I understand the inherant risk innvolved, the card is played way too much. Then you have NOLA police which is in a league of their own. SEE: Hurricane Katrina.

You understand the risk involved?? really? I submit that if you did understand the risks involved you would be ashamed to post this drivel.

You understand the risk involved?? really? I submit that if you did understand the risks involved you would be ashamed to post this drivel.

Cry me a river. Don't like the risks, the door swings both ways. Give somebody else a crack @ taking the risks... Hopefully more w/ "white knight" personalities, not the "high school bully" type that seem to be pervading police forces around the country.

I know it is from Wiki... But anyway:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdomality

"The Black Knight's overriding goal is to win. They approach each task or situation as a contest to be won strategically and efficiently. Because they can control their feelings, it's not unusual for them to charm, as well as successfully delegate tasks and responsibilities to the more emotional types. They are often concerned with what's in it for them. They seldom involve themselves in activities where they can't foresee a reward for their investment or effort. On the positive side, they can be analytically empathic and logically persuasive. On the negative side, Black Knights may be unemotionally manipulative as well as arrogant, selfish and impulsive."

vs:

"The White Knight expects nothing in return for their good deeds. They're one of the true "Givers" of the world. They're the anonymous philanthropists who share their wealth, their time and their life with others. To give, is its own reward and the White Knight seeks no other. On the positive side they're merciful, sympathetic, helpful, giving and heroic. On the negative side, White Knights may be impulsively decisive, overly sentimental and misdirected."

Cry me a river. Don't like the risks, the door swings both ways. Give somebody else a crack @ taking the risks... Hopefully more w/ "white knight" personalities, not the "high school bully" type that seem to be pervading police forces around the country.

I know it is from Wiki... But anyway:

"The Black Knight's overriding goal is to win. They approach each task or situation as a contest to be won strategically and efficiently. Because they can control their feelings, it's not unusual for them to charm, as well as successfully delegate tasks and responsibilities to the more emotional types. They are often concerned with what's in it for them. They seldom involve themselves in activities where they can't foresee a reward for their investment or effort. On the positive side, they can be analytically empathic and logically persuasive. On the negative side, Black Knights may be unemotionally manipulative as well as arrogant, selfish and impulsive."

vs:

"The White Knight expects nothing in return for their good deeds. They're one of the true "Givers" of the world. They're the anonymous philanthropists who share their wealth, their time and their life with others. To give, is its own reward and the White Knight seeks no other. On the positive side they're merciful, sympathetic, helpful, giving and heroic. On the negative side, White Knights may be impulsively decisive, overly sentimental and misdirected."

What the hell kind of drugs are you on?

Cry me a river. Don't like the risks, the door swings both ways. Give somebody else a crack @ taking the risks... Hopefully more w/ "white knight" personalities, not the "high school bully" type that seem to be pervading police forces around the country.I know it is from Wiki... But anyway:

vs:

My God they can package and sell anything these day. Putting aside for a moment the aryan-centric theme here, when my life is hanging in the balance during the home invasion, send me the cop voted "Most likely to cap a psycho with a head shot" by his fellow graduates at the academy.

My God they can package and sell anything these day. Putting aside for a moment the aryan-centric theme here, when my life is hanging in the balance during the home invasion, send me the cop voted "Most likely to cap a psycho with a head shot" by his fellow graduates at the academy.

Yeah... These days? Does that mean 25 years ago? Or are you still stuck 60 years back? Oh wait, 90 years ago? Those were the days my friend, I'd thought they'd never end! That witch Hillary really was right about you guys (conservatives?) wanting to turn the clock back to pre-1929. The "1929 Mulligan!"

Actually, if you read things... They WOULD send the cop voted to cap a psycho with a head-shot. That's how good leadership (the king) and placement with those w/the best personality for a given task is assigned.

Yeah... These days? Does that mean 25 years ago? Or are you still stuck 60 years back? Oh wait, 90 years ago? Those were the days my friend, I'd thought they'd never end! That witch Hillary really was right about you guys (conservatives?) wanting to turn the clock back to pre-1929. The "1929 Mulligan!"

Actually, if you read things... They WOULD send the cop voted to cap a psycho with a head-shot. That's how good leadership (the king) and placement with those w/the best personality for a given task is assigned.

How presumptuous. My point of view was shaped by my life experience, and my experience tells me there are times you want The Easter Bunny on your side, sometimes you want a bit more fire power. I see that distinction, and personally, I think it's your limitation that you see the only logical conclusion therefore is that I'm all for a return to the days of Tammany Hall. I understand the concept, Kings, Bishops and knights of black and white. Just like "Who Moved My Cheese", It makes for a great 1-2 day off-site seminar at the local Courtyard by Marriott. You can even learn some things, too, and I'm all for that. And I agree with you in the extreme, there are those in law enforcement that should not be there, I just think when you paint with as broad a brush as you seem to on this issue, it reveals a flaw in your vision.

I had the pleasure of speaking with a retired city police officer the other day. At his wife's urging he told me a story about a 14 year old juvenile who pointed a gun at him and threatened to shoot him, and how he talked the kid down by telling the kids mother that if the boy didn't put the gun down, he'd shoot him. I didn't get the opportunity to ask him if he considered himself a white knight, or the kid a bishop, or the kid's mother Mayor McCheese. He was grateful that the kid listened, and he got to go home to his own kids. I think today, absent a body camera, that cop has a potential problem if that goes badly as it often tragically does.

Here's the cool thing about the way I look at the world though...when kingdomality effectively changes the way law enforcement professionals are recruited, trained, and compensated, you won't have to ask for my acknowledgement that you were correct, I'll be the first in line to say "Well done Exiled!". For now, I'll stick with it's an evolving but imperfect system, sorta like the world it serves.

How presumptuous. My point of view was shaped by my life experience, and my experience tells me there are times you want The Easter Bunny on your side, sometimes you want a bit more fire power. I see that distinction, and personally, I think it's your limitation that you see the only logical conclusion therefore is that I'm all for a return to the days of Tammany Hall. I understand the concept, Kings, Bishops and knights of black and white. Just like "Who Moved My Cheese", It makes for a great 1-2 day off-site seminar at the local Courtyard by Marriott. You can even learn some things, too, and I'm all for that. And I agree with you in the extreme, there are those in law enforcement that should not be there, I just think when you paint with as broad a brush as you seem to on this issue, it reveals a flaw in your vision.

I had the pleasure of speaking with a retired city police officer the other day. At his wife's urging he told me a story about a 14 year old juvenile who pointed a gun at him and threatened to shoot him, and how he talked the kid down by telling the kids mother that if the boy didn't put the gun down, he'd shoot him. I didn't get the opportunity to ask him if he considered himself a white knight, or the kid a bishop, or the kid's mother Mayor McCheese. He was grateful that the kid listened, and he got to go home to his own kids. I think today, absent a body camera, that cop has a potential problem if that goes badly as it often tragically does.

Here's the cool thing about the way I look at the world though...when kingdomality effectively changes the way law enforcement professionals are recruited, trained, and compensated, you won't have to ask for my acknowledgement that you were correct, I'll be the first in line to say "Well done Exiled!". For now, I'll stick with it's an evolving but imperfect system, sorta like the world it serves.

What happened to the kid? How much time are they doing for their insane transgression?

Do you thnik the present military situations are effecting the way/which cops are recruited. You know it is effecting the criminals.

What happened to the kid? How much time are they doing for their insane transgression?

Do you thnik the present military situations are effecting the way/which cops are recruited. You know it is effecting the criminals.

Wtf

Obviously, going off the deep end is normal for you, but do you really need to embarrass yourself this badly?

Obviously, going off the deep end is normal for you, but do you really need to embarrass yourself this badly?

I am a big boy, I am not afraid to dive into the deep end. Don't worry Jr., I will keep my head above water.

Are local police forces becoming paramilitary? I brought up the link how military training is creeping into the ranks of criminals. The same training surely has to be creeping into the way the "good guys" keep order on the local level. Policing America is not how we police Iraq or Afghainstan... Or SHOULDN'T be... BUT, it seems to be. Is there a connection?

What's wrong w/what I am saying. Shouldn't it be addressed? Obvioulsy, if there is a connection between the two... Training, returning vets employed as the good guys and returning vets within the ranks of the criminals... Why would we sweep it under the rug and get the civil population caught in the crossfire of abusive policing.

This is one of the prices of war that I argued 12 years ago. The "fly paper approach" overseas is all fine and dandy until the sh*tty paper gets stuck to your hands.

I am sorry that you want to hide your head in the sand and whistle out your azz. Please, just go do it somewhere else.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I am a big boy, I am not afraid to dive into the deep end. Don't worry Jr., I will keep my head above water.

Are local police forces becoming paramilitary? I brought up the link how military training is creeping into the ranks of criminals. The same training surely has to be creeping into the way the "good guys" keep order on the local level. Policing America is not how we police Iraq or Afghainstan... Or SHOULDN'T be... BUT, it seems to be. Is there a connection?

What's wrong w/what I am saying. Shouldn't it be addressed? Obvioulsy, if there is a connection between the two... Training, returning vets employed as the good guys and returning vets within the ranks of the criminals... Why would we sweep it under the rug and get the civil population caught in the crossfire of abusive policing.

This is one of the prices of war that I argued 12 years ago. The "fly paper approach" overseas is all fine and dandy until the sh*tty paper gets stuck to your hands.

I am sorry that you want to hide your head in the sand and whistle out your azz. Please, just go do it somewhere else.

Your first response was the most salient offered. "What happened to the kid"? Great question, and I don't know the answer. I don't know if he had developmental issues, poor parenting, troubled childhood or anything else, I just know that he pointed a gun at a police officer--a married guy with kids of his own to raise--and the police officer didn't shoot him, he talked him down. I'd suggest in that encounter, the officer WAS that kid's White Knight. This man was elderly, so it happened a long time ago, but is there any doubt that had he protected his own life and discharged his weapon, that in todays environment there wouldn't be CNN van camped outside his house running an endless loop about lives mattering and he should have fired at the kids leg? I'm not a gun enthusiast and have met cops I didn't particularly care for, but some of this stuff is pretty basic. The emotional fall out of the young boy being shot is understandable and tragic, but it doesn't change the fact that these things happen.

I have no clue what you're trying to say in your second note. Criminals are militarizing so the police should...not? The police taking sensitivity training will result in like-kind de-escalation in the criminal ranks? My opinion? Continue to denigrate the police, encourage disrespect by treating every f'ed up police encounter as something that is the rule instead of the exception, and watch for the anarchy in the streets. I can meet you part of the way, there's noting wrong at all with acknowledging bad law enforcement and it's good for all the rest of us.

The OP used the T word?

Larry Wilmore would like a word with you.

The OP wouldn't listen to Larry because Larry is a black man who has yet to be killed by the heroic police. The only black men VWR enjoys are the ones six feet under or the ones locked behind bars for speeding.