Baltimore thugs flipping off cops in the streets

Can you show a link to even one seven figure settlement for "not strapping someone down"? Do these transport vans go 340 miles per hour necessitating strap down to avoid broken necks?

How long before someone files a law suit for being "strapped down"?

Why was the other detainee in the van uninjured during the same drive?

In case you're wondering I agree that they should have put this kid in his seat belt. I also agree that if the information in the press is accurate, they should have gotten him medical attention. In fact, if the information in the press is accurate, I wonder why he was arrested in the first place. In cases like this, the information in the press has rarely proven to be accurate.

Your statement that the police were trying to hurt him seems completely baseless and ridiculous on its surface. Care to explain it further?

Critics argue that the reason a prisoner would be left unbuckled is not to protect officers but to dole out extrajudicial treatment. Baltimore juries have on occasion agreed. In 2004, a man named Jeffrey Alston won $39 million from Baltimore after he was paralyzed from the neck down during a police-van ride. The following year, Dondi Johnson Sr. won $7.4 million after a ride left him a paraplegic. In 2013, Johns Hopkins librarian Christine Abbott filed a suit against the department for a "rough ride" after a 2012 arrest that resulted from a noise complaint. Her lawyer alleges she was not buckled and an officer drove "maniacally" as she was taken in, throwing her around the unpadded van.

So Baltimore has paid a total of $46.4 million because of this practice. There is very clearly a pattern of this behavior. Perhaps you should do more research into the topic?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/the-rough-ride-and-police-culture/391538/

Edited by Fingon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Baltimore has paid a total of $46.4 million because of this practice. There is very clearly a pattern of this behavior. Perhaps you should do more research into the topic?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/the-rough-ride-and-police-culture/391538/

You know how you would stop it? Extrajudicial punishment? When somebody gets hurt, the money helps. Make the person responsible care for the person the rest of their life. They can have everybody innvolved be the person's aid. Change diapers, feed, etc... You'd see some cheerful service out of these mooks. Maybe they will actually start doing their jobs.

Again, the same "safety" they preach, fine, and obtain revenue from, they break themselves.

He did...but only under duress, because he still disagreed with it. !@#$ing retard.

Hey Tom,Since you like this cop stuff I checked the TV section and they have a dragnet marathon coming soon.You can still post here all day long during the commercial breaks.Better set the alarm to get up at noon and wash the robe and slippers for this all day event and don't forget the microwave popcorn and pizza.Enjoy. :D

Hey Tom,Since you like this cop stuff I checked the TV section and they have a dragnet marathon coming soon.You can still post here all day long during the commercial breaks.Better set the alarm to get up at noon and wash the robe and slippers for this all day event and don't forget the microwave popcorn and pizza.Enjoy. :D

I don't get it. You're the loser thanking the police for killing black men. Why am I watching a Dragnet marathon?

Can you show a link to even one seven figure settlement for "not strapping someone down"? Do these transport vans go 340 miles per hour necessitating strap down to avoid broken necks?

How long before someone files a law suit for being "strapped down"?

Why was the other detainee in the van uninjured during the same drive?

In case you're wondering I agree that they should have put this kid in his seat belt.

Your statement that the police were trying to hurt him seems completely baseless and ridiculous on its surface. Care to explain it further?

Unfortunately, there is history of this in Baltimore, and likely other cities as well.

If you watch how he was dragged and shoved into the van like a sack of potatoes, it's easy to see how he would flop around like a tuna on a boat deck if he wasn't strapped down and they wanted to give him the business down there. He couldn't stand on his own feet. He was a rag doll. The other detainee - not so much.

This is not the BPD's finest hour. Granted, it's the fruit of fifty years of liberal democrat policies and total control that brought them to this ugly place. But in this case, I am not blaming the victim. Heroin addict or not. What happened to him is just not right and we should not stand for that kind of corporal punishment in our country.

I don't get it. You're the loser thanking the police for killing black men. Why am I watching a Dragnet marathon?

His joke construction leaves much to be desired.

Unfortunately, there is history of this in Baltimore, and likely other cities as well.

If you watch how he was dragged and shoved into the van like a sack of potatoes, it's easy to see how he would flop around like a tuna on a boat deck if he wasn't strapped down and they wanted to give him the business down there. He couldn't stand on his own feet. He was a rag doll. The other detainee - not so much.

This is not the BPD's finest hour. Granted, it's the fruit of fifty years of liberal democrat policies and total control that brought them to this ugly place. But in this case, I am not blaming the victim. Heroin addict or not. What happened to him is just not right and we should not stand for that kind of corporal punishment in our country.

Good post. This entire thing could have been avoided had the BPD treated Gray like a human being, addict or not. It's really that simple. But they didn't and because of that, a man died and those six cops will likely be regretting their decision for the rest of their lives.

Good post. This entire thing could have been avoided had the BPD treated Gray like a human being, addict or not. It's really that simple. But they didn't and because of that, a man died and those six cops will likely be regretting their decision for the rest of their lives.

It really irritated me yesterday how the local news was covering the "celebration, not a protest" in Baltimore yesterday.

Celebrate? A guy is dead, and six other people have their lives ruined for what's likely nothing more than gross stupidity, and we're celebrating? :wallbash:

It really irritated me yesterday how the local news was covering the "celebration, not a protest" in Baltimore yesterday.

Celebrate? A guy is dead, and six other people have their lives ruined for what's likely nothing more than gross stupidity, and we're celebrating? :wallbash:

Or how the media portrays a week of riots in Baltimore as mostly peaceful protests. But a Tea Party rally is portrayed as a dangerous gathering of terrorists

Edited by /dev/null

He made his point. It just took two posts....and being rude...to do it. The link could have been in the first post.

The irony being half of the cops are black, thus negating the purported racial element of it.

The irony being half of the cops are black, thus negating the purported racial element of it.

No, it doesn't. A black policeman's just an Uncle Tom, therefore white. The police are the enforcers of the lead-paint-based white supremacist oppression, regardless of race. Didn't you read the Washington Post links?

No, it doesn't. A black policeman's just an Uncle Tom, therefore white. The police are the enforcers of the lead-paint-based white supremacist oppression, regardless of race. Didn't you read the Washington Post links?

Not unless forced to at gunpoint.

Exactly Tom... This is really disturbing.

Or how the media portrays a week of riots in Baltimore as mostly peaceful protests. But a Tea Party rally is portrayed as a dangerous gathering of terrorists

This too /dev.

But a Tea Party rally is a dangerous gathering of terrorists. ;-P ;-P J/K... Like shooting fish in a barrel those 'bagger mooks! ;-) ;-)

I respectfully disagree. I am not going full retard Tom on you either. You can hate your own people for who/what they are and be racist against them. Cops are the power establishment.

I respectfully disagree. I am not going full retard Tom on you either. You can hate your own people for who/what they are and be racist against them. Cops are the power establishment.

More like they hate criminals, no matter their color.

More like they hate people, no matter their color.

Fixed.

It is not for them to pass judgement. They are to enforce only.

But that is what happens when they see and have to deal w/what they do. Instead of just enforcing, they want to put the screws to people to. Now mix in revenue, job security, power & control... You have a dangerous problem.

Fixed.

But that is what happens when they see and have to deal w/what they do. Instead of just enforcing, they want to put the screws to people to. Now mix in revenue, job security, power & control... You have a dangerous problem.

When they see and have to deal with what they do, it's no wonder why they would hate people. And no one is claiming they're perfect or above the law. If they do something wrong, they should have the book thrown at them.

Fixed.

No, they hate criminals. It's just that everyone's a criminal until demonstrated otherwise, for reasons of safety and unconscious bias (when you deal with criminals all day, every day, criminality tends to be your go-to assumption. Like how dealing with idiots like gatorman makes me assume every liberal's a stone-cold idiot.)

No, they hate criminals. It's just that everyone's a criminal until demonstrated otherwise, for reasons of safety and unconscious bias (when you deal with criminals all day, every day, criminality tends to be your go-to assumption. Like how dealing with idiots like gatorman makes me assume every liberal's a stone-cold idiot.)

No. That would be: Bleeding heart liberal idiot, stone-cold conservative idiot. Get it right.

:nana:

Safety? SAFETY? Wasn't it you that would like to quote Christa McAuliffe:

"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Now you are clinging to safety? Safety?

The police need to let go (a little) and stop thinking about themselves all the time and start serving OTHERS. That's their job.

I get the "unconscious bias"... That's a real problem.