Condiments

Condiments  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What toppings do you put on your hot dogs?

2. 2. What toppings do you put on a Hamburger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who puts ketchup on a hot dog should be drawn and quartered.

That is all.

Exception for those with an age in the single digits, but otherwise, yeah.

I bought some Jack Daniels horseradish mustard recently that was just awesome. I'll be eating a lot of dogs this summer.

It's because the hotdog was invented there... Everything else is just a take off.

A Hoffman red hot or snappy grilled with good yellow mustard is as good as it gets, IMHO. And I lived in Chi-Town for a few months and had plenty of Chicago style dogs. They are a close second though.

Exiled, have you ever been to Hot Dougs? Incredible dogs/sausage, and French fries cooked in duck fat. Love that place. I used to wait in a line that stretched around the corner to get a dog and fries there.

A Hoffman red hot or snappy grilled with good yellow mustard is as good as it gets, IMHO. And I lived in Chi-Town for a few months and had plenty of Chicago style dogs. They are a close second though.

Exiled, have you ever been to Hot Dougs? Incredible dogs/sausage, and French fries cooked in duck fat. Love that place. I used to wait in a line that stretched around the corner to get a dog and fries there.

No.. Never been. THE one thing that I can't stand now is anything but an all-beef kosher dog. I know, Sahlens, blah blah blah... But it has to be all-beef. Best Kosher used to be my fav until they went under. It's now Red Hot Chicago.

I can deal w/the char-grill, but dirty water dog is best.

Celery salt is the key! Throw it right in the water too @ home.

All the other styles are gr8, just busting. BUT, Weber's mustard on a Maxwell Street Polish... Mixed in with the kraut/onions would be amazing!

And... Don't forget the neon relish and sport pepper! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Anyone who puts ketchup on a hot dog should be drawn and quartered.

That is all.

So are you trying to say that not only myself, but (Moderator) Canadian Bills Fan, Jauronimo, Wacka, KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall, (Administrator) Nervous Guy, (15 Bills logos under his name) BringBackFergy, Mark80, The Avenger, NobesBLO13, CountDorkula, Clockwork, PastaJoe, and Alaska Darin are all psychopaths?

So are you trying to say that not only myself, but (Moderator) Canadian Bills Fan, Jauronimo, Wacka, KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall, (Administrator) Nervous Guy, (15 Bills logos under his name) BringBackFergy, Mark80, The Avenger, NobesBLO13, CountDorkula, Clockwork, PastaJoe, and Alaska Darin are all psychopaths?

I compared putting ketchup on a hot dog to high treason, not Jeffrey Dahmer.

I always top hot dogs with chili, mustard, and onions. Burgers are another matter - I'll put damn near anything on a burger, depending on what sounds good at the moment. Often times I'll eat a burger plain - just bread and meat. To me, if a burger is truly good, it will be delicious just as it is.

From the Bad News Bears remake with Billy Bob Thornton.

Tanner Boyle: My dad says the only people who put ketchup on hot dogs are mental patients, and Texans.

I've lived in Texas since '89, and I have yet to see anyone put ketchup on a hot dog. That's as blasphemous as putting ketchup on a taco.