Browns offer Tennessee 2 1sts for #2 pick

I think another #1 would be pretty steep, but I could see the Browns adding a 2 or 3 next year. I get the draft value chart, but the player in question is not considered a home-run. The Titans are not going to get what the Rams got for RG3, but I'm guessing they'd really like to trade the pick.

i don't think he ends up in Tenn and they are just auctioning the pick to the highest bidder at this point. I think it's less about mariota and more about that he doesnt fit their system well with Whisenhunt.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think he ends up in Tenn and they are just auctioning the pick to the highest bidder at this point. I think it's less about mariota and more about that he doesnt fit their system well with Whisenhunt.

If they don't get the right price before the draft, I could see them taking him at #2 and then auctioning him once he's actually off the board.

Sounds like Mariota is hoping for Philly or San Diego.

@SportsCenter: Browns offer two 1st-round picks to Titans for No. 2 overall selection, where they would plan to take Marcus Mariota. (via @PatMcManamon)

@ClaytonESPN: The Titans said yesterday they had only 16 first-round grades. That means at No. 19 or No. 20, they would be taking a second-rounder.

@ClaytonESPN: Two first round picks from the Browns to the Titans is clearly not enough to spark a trade for Mariota. Browns would need another No. 1

This worked out so well for the Redskins...

If I was the Titans I would ask for...

1. Browns - 2 first this year and a first or second next year

2. Philly - first and second this year and Bradford and then I would trade Bradford to the Browns for the #19 pick and a late rounder

3. San Diego - their first and Phillip Rivers

4. Jets - first this year and first and fourth next year

That is true. But where are the Redskins now? Trading away their future netted them one fleeting season of glory.

Where are the Rams now? Barely have a QB three years later and haven't even gotten to 8-8 with the Skins future AND their own draft picks.

No. It didn't.

I would trade 3 1sts for a 10-6 record, playoff berth, and an OROY QB.

Edited by FireChan

Where are the Rams now? Barely have a QB three years later and haven't even gotten to 8-8 with the Skins future AND their own draft picks.

Even if you knew he'd get benched and get his coach fired?

Clayton thinks the bottom of the 1st is a cluster

@ClaytonESPN: RT @MilewskiPaul: @ClaytonESPN, so it looks like the Bills trading there 1st last year wasn't a huge lost. So you agree? agreed.

And that was pretty much the whole idea when they did it......they believe Sammy Watkins is "special".....and they didnt plan on having a high pick in a weak draft

I can see both sides of the RG3 trade. The Rams haven't exactly stacked talent from the trade, outside of their DLine it's a whole roster that makes you say "Meh, he's ok". It's tough to argue the Deadskins aren't feeling the pain, their roster is very thin and RG3 has been nothing but a headache after his rookie year. Bottom line, Shanahan never should have left him in that playoff game, he's never recovered.

@ClaytonESPN: RT @MilewskiPaul: @ClaytonESPN, so it looks like the Bills trading there 1st last year wasn't a huge lost. So you agree? agreed.

I've been saying for a while the difference between the prospects at 19 and 50 is very small. The public perception of trading a 1st vs a 2nd is much bigger than the actual talent between the two spots in this draft. Nice to see a guy like Clayton acknowledge that as well, I think there's plenty of national people who owe Whaley an "I was wrong".

So you'd trade away 3 first round picks, AKA three years' worth of first round picks, for one good season which did not yield a Lombardi Trophy, then have your team suck for another decade.

Promise me you will never become the GM of the Buffalo Bills.

So you'd trade away 3 first round picks, AKA three years' worth of first round picks, for one good season which did not yield a Lombardi Trophy, then have your team suck for another decade.

Promise me you will never become the GM of the Buffalo Bills.

Another decade? Where's your crystal ball?

Haven't we already done the "decade of suck?" We didn't even have to trade any picks for it. What's another 10 years for a modicum of success and relevance?

Even if you knew he'd get benched and get his coach fired?

Maybe not. But at face value of JUST the 2012 season, I'd trade 3 picks for that and not look back. If the guy ends up sucking and getting benched, so be it. At least we had a run.

I've read otherwise...