Al Jazeera - Golly I never saw this coming

Let's not condemn the entire organization for the actions of one !@#$. Save that **** for the Patriots.

The way this has come down though would make it likely that it wasn't just the actions of one person but a larger condoning of those actions of that person.

The way this has come down though would make it likely that it wasn't just the actions of one person but a larger condoning of those actions of that person.

Surely you're not suggesting that there might be cultural sexism or anti-Semitism within Al Jazeera?

Who would ever guess that trying to split the paltry viewing audience of MSNBC would not turn out well. Someone should have mentioned to these foreign Journalists that American Liberals like their news to come from Comedians.

Vis-a-vis Jon Stewart.

Surely you're not suggesting that there might be cultural sexism or anti-Semitism within Al Jazeera?

It's a company headquartered in NYC, managed largely by Americans transplanted from other media outlets (ABC, CBS, CNN, etc.)

It's as dumb an assumption as Dubai Ports World being a national security threat because the word "Dubai" is in the name.

It's a company headquartered in NYC, managed largely by Americans transplanted from other media outlets (ABC, CBS, CNN, etc.)

It's as dumb an assumption as Dubai Ports World being a national security threat because the word "Dubai" is in the name.

They have no connection whatsoever to the Al Jazeera that's funded by the Thani family in Qatar?

They have no connection whatsoever to the Al Jazeera that's funded by the Thani family in Qatar?

Yes...at arm's length. From the president on down, they're mostly Americans. You really think Kate O'Brian left ABC to be president of AJA and instill a sexist and anti-Semitic culture? Or that the Thanis told her to, and she just went along with it?

Where's your outrage over the incessant islamophobia and racism at fox? As americas #1 cable channel has a lot more influence than aja. And fox culture we know comes right from the top in Rupert Murdoch

Where's your outrage over the incessant islamophobia and racism at fox? As americas #1 cable channel has a lot more influence than aja. And fox culture we know comes right from the top in Rupert Murdoch

Thanks for that. Azalin and I were actually having an adult discussion, then you have to come in and piss all over everything with a "double dumbass on you!" post.

You're such a !@#$ing tool. Could you go...I don't know, slip in a bathtub or lick an electrical outlet or something, so we don't have to put up with your bull **** any more? Please? Maybe lock yourself in an old refrigerator? As a favor to us?

Yes...at arm's length. From the president on down, they're mostly Americans. You really think Kate O'Brian left ABC to be president of AJA and instill a sexist and anti-Semitic culture? Or that the Thanis told her to, and she just went along with it?

I hate to admit it, but I was presuming a bias would be there based solely on the fact that the parent company is out of Qatar.

What in hell did I say that gives you the idea that I'm outraged? Where did I even hint that Al Jazeera has any kind of influence at all? Review the thread - we were talking about perceived anti-Semitic and misogynistic biases at Al Jazeera America, so if you want to B word about Fox, then start a thread and rant away.

On the other hand, if you're coming off the bench to fill in for gator, then you're doing an excellent job.

What's funny about this post is that you are one of the biggest bigots that frequents PPP.

Indeed.

It was my contention that it would appear that there could have been both sexism and anti semitism involved here. There is no lack of anti semitism coming from the MSM in this country. Although sexism is less likely from American MSM, it obviously is rampant in the Muslim world and make no mistake about it, Al Jazeera is Islamic to the core.