Al Jazeera - Golly I never saw this coming

I hate to admit it, but I was presuming a bias would be there based solely on the fact that the parent company is out of Qatar.

It's a common fallacy, even back to World War 2 and beyond. "Ford made trucks for the Nazis!" No, Ford Motorenwerke AG was a subsidiary of Ford Europe that was managed, directed, and employed by Germans, produced war material after being nationalized by the Nazi government. Ford Motor Company in America had no control over it - Henry Ford didn't even have input into FMAG's board, much less corporate policy concerning Jewish labor and Wehrmacht contracts. As opposed to GM, which did have a controlling stake in Opel and exercised direct management from Detroit. But people focus on Ford...the association of the name means "control" to most people.

It's a natural fallacy...but it's just not how international conglomerates work.

It's a common fallacy, even back to World War 2 and beyond. "Ford made trucks for the Nazis!" No, Ford Motorenwerke AG was a subsidiary of Ford Europe that was managed, directed, and employed by Germans, produced war material after being nationalized by the Nazi government. Ford Motor Company in America had no control over it - Henry Ford didn't even have input into FMAG's board, much less corporate policy concerning Jewish labor and Wehrmacht contracts. As opposed to GM, which did have a controlling stake in Opel and exercised direct management from Detroit. But people focus on Ford...the association of the name means "control" to most people.

It's a natural fallacy...but it's just not how international conglomerates work.

I've heard similar accusations leveled against Disney, but never bought into them myself. As far as news is concerned, I don't really trust any news networks to give me truly unbiased news - everyone has a point of view, and some are pretty good at passing it off as being unbiased. I like to get my news from several sources, take the total, and kind of boil it all down. I get Al Jazeera America as part of my Uverse package, so I'll start tuning in and check it out for myself.

I hate to admit it, but I was presuming a bias would be there based solely on the fact that the parent company is out of Qatar.

lol @ the "adult discussion" ... the actions of one line manager might not represent the owners or senior management. wow, brilliant, what a revelation! maturity-wise you guys don't even have pubes

Edited by JTSP

Someone who harbors those biases like you wouldnt recognize them as islamophobic or racist

Your problem is simple: you've been conditioned to be incapable of determining what is phobic from what is good product.

FOX doesn't operate on the premises that:

1. "We have to protect innocent Muslims from hate crimes that are certain to occur if we report the truth, so, we're going to do X with story Y, even if that defies common sense."

2. "We also have to acknowledge that there is systemic racism in every institution in America, so all stories will be filtered as such".

Obviously both premises require an undue distrust and disrespect for the American people. As if we can't hear the truth about a Muslim terrorist without going postal and killing every Muslim we see. :rolleyes: Remind me: how many hate crimes have been comitted in this country against Muslims, vs Jews, since 9/11?

FOX operate on the premise "We are here to make money. Lots of it. In news, that means repeat customers. Repeat customers requires trusting our hard news operation to tell the story as is, with no alerations". FOX is now the most trusted news organization, and Bill O'Reilly is the most trusted anchor. These are facts. They are not phobics. Or hate-facts. :lol:

So, as you can see, you're problem is simple: whenever you see untreated FOX news product, you instantly think it's "-phobic" or "racist". But, for the vast majority of the rest of the USA, we are simply aware of the horeshit premises, filters and PC contrortions that are applied to the product of the other news outlets.

Thus, their product sucks. Not that FOX's prodcut is especially great(except for 6 pm. Brett Baier is elite). It's just that FOX's product has a better track record and is consistently closer to the mark, especially since they have a history of dragging every last fact out of a story(again, because $). The Duke Lacrosse case, IMHO, was the Gettysburg of this war. Thus, specifically due to a lack of nosensical hindrance, FOX being #1 was always inevitable.

If the other outlets were to remove their dumbass premises/filters/PC contortions, they'd have a chance. But, as long as they remain in place, FOX will remain #1, and you will sound like an idiot on this board.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

lol @ the "adult discussion" ... the actions of one line manager might not represent the owners or senior management. wow, brilliant, what a revelation! maturity-wise you guys don't even have pubes

Hey chud-boy - if you're going to call people immature, you might want to do so with less snark and sarcasm. You'll still look like a fool, but at least you won't be a hypocritical fool.

I've heard similar accusations leveled against Disney, but never bought into them myself. As far as news is concerned, I don't really trust any news networks to give me truly unbiased news - everyone has a point of view, and some are pretty good at passing it off as being unbiased. I like to get my news from several sources, take the total, and kind of boil it all down. I get Al Jazeera America as part of my Uverse package, so I'll start tuning in and check it out for myself.

You mean like Jon Stewart?