Bandit's Annual Mock - Review and New Round 2 Added!

It’s that time of year again…the one where I pretend to know what I’m talking about with regard to the NFL Draft. Before we get to the mock, my typical disclaimer: the selections below do not necessarily represent what I would do, but rather what I think will (or may) happen on Thursday (and Friday).

To recap last year, I correctly identified 24 of the 32 players selected in the first round (missed on Bridgewater, J. James, Bucannon, D. Easley, J. Ward, B. Roby, M. Smith, and K. Benjamin), and correctly slotted 7 players in their exact draft position. That was about average for me in the past 5 years.

Anyway, below is my projection for this year. Feel free to read, comment, agree, disagree, whatever. Just understand that I spent a ton of time putting this together, actually watching as many snaps as possible of each of these players (and a few dozen others) in order to be as honest to the process as possible. In other words, be nice.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jameis Winston – QB/Florida State

Despite the off-field concerns and pedestrian workout numbers, Winston has the best NFL skillset of any QB prospect in the last 3 years. Tampa Bay needs a QB, and having a head coach like Lovie Smith is probably the best situation that a troubled kid like Winston could ask for as he makes the jump.

2. Tennessee Titans: Marcus Mariota – QB/Oregon

Could this pick end up traded? Sure. I just don’t see it happening; too much investment and too much risk. Instead, it looks like Ken Whisenhunt and Co. will stay put and take their perceived QB of the future. Personally, I’d play it safe and take Leonard Williams and pair him with current standout Jurrell Casey to form a pair of devastating 5-technique ends up front, and allow Ray Horton and Dick LeBeau to use pass rushers Kamerion Wimbley, Derrick Morgan, and Brian Orakpo to dial up the pressure.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kevin White – WR/West Virginia

Virtually every mock I’ve seen has Dante Fowler going to Gus Bradley’s crew here, but I’m going with White. 2nd-year QB Blake Bortles needs a reliable #1 target in the passing game, and adding White to complement FA signing Julius Thomas and 2nd-year men Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, and Allen Hurns makes a ton of sense. The depth of the pass rushers in this class will allow the Jags to dip into the crop of edge defenders in round 2.

4. **TRADE** Atlanta Falcons (f/ Oakland Raiders): Dante Fowler – EDGE/Florida

Atlanta sends a 2015 3rd round pick and a 2016 2nd round pick to Oakland to move up

New HC Dan Quinn will want to grab one of the edge defenders that made his defense so successful in Seattle, and who better to target than the player he once coached at Florida? Reports have run rampant that Atlanta is looking to move up, and the Raiders have never been shy about dropping down a few picks. I’m not huge on Fowler, but he seems to be the most coveted edge defender in the class.

5. **TRADE** San Francisco 49ers (f/ Washington Redskins): Leonard Williams – DL/USC

SF sends a 2015 2nd round pick to Washington to move up

The (presumed) retirement of Justin Smith leaves a gaping hole along the ‘niner defensive front. Although they lost a bunch of bodies at the LB position, San Francisco is still looking a fielding a very solid starting corps of Ahmad Brooks, Navarro Bowman, Michael Wilhoite, and Aldon Smith. HC Jim Tomsula, a former DL coach, will be pounding the table to move up and have the chance to work with a guy like Williams, who’s widely-considered the best defensive prospect in the class, and is a steal at the 5th overall pick.

6. New York Jets: Vic Beasley – EDGE/Clemson

I was tempted to slot the Jets with an offensive lineman here as per the recent rumors linking themto Andrus Peat, but to me it makes more sense for new HC Todd Bowles to grab an edge defender that can pressure the QB. He’s got his down linemen threats in Muhammad Wilkerson, Damon Harrison, and Sheldon Richardson, so adding an explosive threat like Beasley would give him the LEO element that the roster currently lacks.

7. Chicago Bears: Amari Cooper – WR/Alabama

New GM Ryan Pace and HC John Fox basically have no choice but to stick with Jay Cutler at QB, so they may as well add a reliable target to pair with Alshon Jeffrey and replace the departed Brandon Marshall. Cooper has the size, speed, and route-running acumen to be an immediate contributor, and will benefit from not having to be the focal point of an offense that already features Jeffrey, Matt Forte, and Martellus Bennett.

8. **TRADE** Oakland Raiders (f/Atlanta Falcons): Breshad Perriman – WR/Central Florida

Is this the ghost of Al Davis reaching from beyond the grave? Perriman goes from virtual unknown to the top-10 picks of round 1 in 60 days…not bad. The Raiders have always coveted the size/speed ratio, and Perriman possesses blazing speed, good size, and an NFL pedigree that make him a very intriguing prospect with extreme upside.

9. New York Giants: Brandon Scherff – OL/Iowa

Tom Coughlin loves big, nasty, versatile offensive linemen, and that’s Scherff all the way. For a team that ranked 30th in the NFL at 3.6 yards-per-carry, adding Scherff to a group up front that already includes Will Beatty, Geoff Schwartz, 2014 rookie Weston Richburg, and Coughlin-favorite Justin Pugh could be the missing piece to the running game, like Zach Martin was for Dallas last season. He could play either RT (kicking Pugh inside) or RG.

14. St. Louis Rams: La’el Collins – OL/LSU

I’ve got Collins listed as a guard, because I believe it’s his best position in the NFL (he seems to perform better working toward the ball than he does away from it), but I don’t think that will diminish his draft stock greatly. He’s shown that he can play tackle, and with Greg Robinson already entrenched at LT, Collins would be able to step in at either RT (to replace the unsigned Joe Barksdale) or RG, and (hopefully) strengthen an offensive line that allowed 47 sacks and 93 QB hits in 2014.

11. Minnesota Vikings: DeVante Parker – WR/Louisville

There’s no better way to advance the development of a young QB than adding a bevy of talented targets in the offseason. With Mike Wallace already in the fold, Teddy Bridgewater would likely beam with joy to see his former teammate Parker, a unique blend of size and speed, join him in the Twin Cities. It’s entirely possible that Miami would move in front of Minnesota for Parker, in which case I think Minnesota would happily take Trae Waynes.

12. Cleveland Browns: Bud Dupree – EDGE/Kentucky

Once DeVante Parker leaves the board, the choice for Mike Pettine’s team becomes easy: bolster the run defense, or add a pass rusher. It’s a passing league, and Pettine loves to pressure the QB, so I’m going to give them Alvin “Bud” Dupree. He’s a physical freak; a 270-pounder with sub-4.6 speed and extremely explosive numbers (42-inch vertical and 11.5-foot broad jump), and many scouts believe that his 7.5 sacks in 2014 were merely a glimpse of what he can do with good coaching.

13. New Orleans Saints: Randy Gregory – EDGE/Nebraska

Rob Ryan’s defense woefully underperformed last season, and the blame seems to have fallen on personnel. While Junior Galette seems to have blossomed into a reliable starter, the rest of the pass rush has been virtually non-existent. Drafting an edge guy like Gregory would give them another body to add to the mix, such that they won’t have to rely on FA signee Anthony Spencer to be the missing ingredient.

14. Miami Dolphins: Trae Waynes – CB/Michigan State

With Waynes—the best CB in the draft—still on the board, Miami must be thrilled. With Cortland Finnegan retiring in the offseason, and uninspiring early returns on Jamar Taylor and Will Davis, the Dolphins would do well to shore up their leaky secondary that has to face Tom Brady and contend with Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin, Robert Woods, Brandon Marshall, and Eric Decker twice each.

15. **TRADE** Washington Redskins (f/ San Francisco 49ers): Shane Ray – EDGE/Missouri

Brian Orakpo defected to Tennessee this offseason, so Washington needs to add a compliment to take some pressure off of Patrick Ryan Kerrigan. While the offensive line is also a concern in D.C., the value doesn’t appear to be there in the top 15, so adding some talent on the edge to provide competition for 2014 2nd-rounder Trent Murphy makes a lot of sense.

16. Houston Texans: Arik Armstead – DL/Oregon

Imagine game-planning for the Texans and having to figure out how to block J.J. Watt, Vince Wilfork, and Jadeveon Clowney…now throw the 6’8”, 290-lb Armstead into the mix at the 5-technique spot opposite Watt. Opposing offensive coordinators would be up all night working on that one. At some point, the Texans will probably want to add another WR to the mix, but the upside on Armstead is simply too good to pass on at 16.

17. Kansas City Chiefs: Nelson Agholor – WR/USC

Andy Reid’s team added Jeremy Maclin to their offense in FA, but they still suffer from a dearth of playmaking talent on the boundary. Agholor has rocketed up draft boards since the combine, as teams have picked up on his versatility. He’s big, has enough speed to get deep, is very good after the catch, and can contribute as a kick returner as well.

18. San Diego Chargers: Landon Collins – S/Alabama

After losing Marcus Gilchrist to the Jets, the Chargers should be so lucky to see Collins on the board at this pick. He’d be a perfect complement to veteran Eric Weddle, and his combination of coverage ability and run support would allow him to play either safety position (or flip-flop between free and strong) to offer scheme versatility (and the ability to disguise coverages) to defensive coordinator John Pagano.

19. Cleveland Browns (f/ Buffalo Bills): Danny Shelton – DT/Washington

After nabbing their edge defender at 12, Cleveland comes back and beefs up their run defense with this pick. Shelton is the #1 nose tackle on most teams’ boards (spoiler alert: not mine), and would offer some protection for Karlos Dansby along the interior. If Cleveland loves one of the LBs on the board, that could be an option as well, but Shelton represents the best value at this spot.

20. Philadelphia Eagles: Garrett Grayson – QB/Colorado State

WHAT??? I know, I know; it’s totally crazy…that’s why I think it could happen. I mean, there’s one pick every year that just shocks the pants off of everyone, and if any guy is going to do it, it’s going to be Chip Kelly. I mean, it’s clear that he doesn’t care what anyone thinks, and has no bones about disregarding everyone else’s draft board. So why Grayson and not Bryce Petty or Brett Hundley? My personal opinion is that Grayson seems to be the best decision-maker of the three, and if there’s one thing that Kelly values, it’s the ability to get the ball into the hands of his playmakers.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Andrus Peat – OT/Stanford

Don’t get me wrong: I like the Bengals offensive line. They’re very good across the board, and they’re deep. The problem: their 3 best offensive tackles (Whitworth, Smith, and Winston) and their best offensive guard (Zeitler) are all unrestricted free agents after 2015, and they just handed LG Clint Boling a $5M/year contract. Sooner or later, they’ve got to plan for the future, and adding Peat, the most NFL-ready OT in the draft, would be a move that shows great foresight.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jalen Collins – CB/LSU

The Steelers continue the defensive overhaul by adding one of the more intriguing corner prospects in the draft. Collins has great size for a DB at 6’1”, 203 lbs, and seems to be a great fit for Pittsburgh’s zone defensive concepts. Adding some competition to the boundary spot opposite veteran Cortez Allen would a prudent move for a team that has added several pieces to their front seven in the last 2 offseasons.

23. **TRADE** New Orleans Saints (f/ Detroit Lions): Bryce Petty – QB/Baylor

New Orleans sends a 2015 3rd round pick and a 2016 3rd round pick to Detroit to move up

With Grayson off the board unexpectedly, and Arizona and Dallas (two teams looking for their heir-apparent to Carson Palmer and Tony Romo, respectively) slotted to pick before them at 31, New Orleans makes the jump up to 23 to grab Petty. There’s no better situation for both the team and the player, as Petty gets the chance to learn behind future HOFer Drew Brees, and Sean Payton gets the chance to groom his next trigger man in his system.

24. Arizona Cardinals: D.J. Humphries – OT/Florida

Jared Veldheer turned out to be a great acquisition at LT, but the rest of this OL is a mess. Bringing in Mike Iupati in FA figures to give them a boost, but keeping Carson Palmer as clean as possible is the best strategy for improving Bruce Arians’ 24th-ranked offense. Humphries could step in at RT on day one, and stabilize the position for the foreseeable future.

25. Carolina Panthers: Ereck Flowers – OT/Miami (FL)

Do we have an official run on tackles? Carolina’s offensive line situation has been atrocious for two years now. They have Nate Chandler, a converted DT, starting at LT, and Michael Oher—who bombed out in Tennessee—starting at RT. They need youth and talent, and Flowers is the most athletic tackle in the draft. He also happens to be the one of the rawest of the first-round-graded OTs, so he’ll need to be coached up.

26. Baltimore Ravens: Melvin Gordon – RB/Wisconsin

There’s nobody from Alabma that fits here, so Ozzie will probably trade down (I’m only half-kidding here). If they elect to stay, however, adding Gordon to the mix in the backfield would give them a solid 1-2 punch that would support Joe Flacco in the passing game, and protect against Justin Forsett coming back down to earth after his sensational 2014 campaign.

27. Dallas Cowboys: Todd Gurley – RB/Georgia

I think Gurley would go sooner if his health wasn’t in some doubt, and I also think that Dallas would pick a defensive lineman if he had. However, the player value at this point, combined with the lack of proven production at the RB position, makes this pick too sensible not to happen. Gurley would immediately step in to fill the void left by Demarco Murray, and be a threat to make the Cowboys’ running game even more dominant [*shudder*].

28. Denver Broncos: Jake Fisher – OT/Oregon

Forced to jumble their offensive line mid-season due to inconsistency, the Broncos could use an upgrade at the RT spot. Knowing what Peyton Manning looks for in his teammates, Fisher seems to be the perfect fit: he’s smart, athletic, and he played in a fast-paced offense. He also offers versatility and could fill in at guard if needed.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Malcom Brown – DT/Texas

Chuck Pagano’s defense really lacks a disruptive force up front to compliment his group of edge rushers, and that’s exactly what Brown provided to the Longhorns’ defense. At 6’3” and 320+ lbs, he’s built perfectly to anchor the interior of the line. If he can develop his pass rush repertoire to become more consistent in applying pressure on passing downs, he’d be a huge asset for a team that perennially contends for the AFC Championship.

30. Green Bay Packers: Kevin Johnson - CB/Wake Forest

The Packers let both Davon House and Tramon Williams leave in free agency, and don’t have much in the way of experienced corners behind Sam Shields. Johnson may be the best pure cover man in the draft, and likely would’ve been drafted higher if he played in a power conference. He can probably come in and compete for a starting role with Casey Hayward right away.

31. **TRADE** Detroit Lions (f/ New Orleans Saints): Eddie Goldman – DT/Florida State

Detroit comes into the season without any of their DTs from 2014 on their roster. Although they traded for Haloti Ngata at the start of the league year, they could stand to further bolster their interior by adding a monster like Goldman. The 6’4”, 330-lb wrecking ball could start right away, and play off of Ngata to give DC Teryl Austin another dominant pairing that will let him run his defense the way he likes—aggressively.

32. New England Patriots: Jordan Phillips – DT/Oklahoma

I was going to give Phillips to the Lions to replace Ndamukong Suh, but Goldman edged him out by having the higher overall grade on my board (yes, sadly, I have an actual board). Phillips is, for my money, the best run-stuffing DT in the class; a classic 0-technique NT that can anchor and push the pocket. He’d be a perfect replacement for Vince Wilfork along New England’s defensive front.

ROUND 2

33. Tennessee Titans: T.J. Clemmings - OT/Pittsburgh

34. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Owamagbe Odighizuwa - EDGE/UCLA

35. Oakland Raiders: Marcus Peters - CB/Washington

36. Jacksonville Jaguars Danielle Hunter - EDGE/LSU

37. New York Jets: Eric Kendricks - LB/UCLA

38. Washington Redskins: Cameron Erving - OG/Florida State

39. Chicago Bears: Brett Hundley - QB/UCLA

40. New York Giants: Stephone Anthony - LB/Clemson

41. Philadelphia Eagles (f/ St. L) : Maxx Williams - TE/Minnesota

42. Atlanta Falcons: A.J. Cann - OG/South Carolina

43. Cleveland Browns: Clive Walford - TE/Miami

44. New Orleans Saints: Devin Funchess - TE/Michigan

45. Minnesota Vikings: Paul Dawson - LB/TCU

46. Washington Redskins (f/ SF) : Denzel Perryman - LB/Miami

47. Miami Dolphins: Preston Smith - DL/Mississippi State

48. San Diego Chargers: Dorial Green-Beckham - WR/Oklahoma

49. Kansas City Chiefs: Damarious Randall - S/Arizona State

50. Buffalo Bills: Carl Davis - DT/Iowa

Given the needs at OG and LB, this pick may surprise some folks, but I think it makes complete sense. Marcell Dareus is a pending UFA, Kyle Williams is aging and has a ballooning cap number next season, and Stefan Charles and Corbin Bryant are both RFAs after 2015. Rex Ryan loves big-bodied DTs that can anchor and eat up blocks, and that’s what Davis does best. He’s also excellent value at this point.

Other picks I could see making sense (if they aren’t gone, obviously): Preston Smith, A.J. Cann, Laken Tomlinson. In round 3, I’d expect an offensive lineman with some versatility like Daryl Williams, Jarvis Harrison, or Ali Marpet.

51. Houston Texans: Shaq Thompson - LB/Washington

52. Philadelphia Eagles: Laken Tomlinson - OG/Duke

53. Cincinnati Bengals: Eli Harold - EDGE/Virginia

54. Detroit Lions: Jay Ajayi – RB/Boise State

55. Arizona Cardinals: Michael Bennett - DL/Ohio State

56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kwon Alexander - EDGE/LSU

57. Carolina Panthers: P.J. Williams - CB/Florida State

58. Baltimore Ravens: Jaelen Strong - WR/Arizona State

59. Denver Broncos: Mario Edwards - DL/Florida State

60. Dallas Cowboys: Byron Jones - CB/UConn

61. Indianapolis Colts: Cedric Ogbuehi - OT/Texas A&M

62. Green Bay Packers: Benardrick McKinney - LB/Miss State

63. Seattle Seahawks: Nate Orchard - EDGE/Utah

64. New England Patriots: Devin Smith – WR/Ohio State

Edited by thebandit27

The biggest surprise to me is Kevin White at 3 and it has nothing to do with White not being a great prospect. I just don't see how the Jaguars could pass on the best player in the draft (Leonard Williams) if he's there. In any case, great work Bandit!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Well done Bandit. All the trades seem logical and could happen for sure. I loved the Raiders pick seems like something they would do. Not a fan of Davis pick, but understand the reasoning behind it. If the Bills didn't pick Davis who do you think they would pick? All in all good job. :thumbsup:

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Outstanding as always!!

The Perriman pick that high would be so Raiders. He has it all except the hands and route running, lol. I agree on Carl Davis to Bills and think they wait until the 3rd on OL unless someone drops who is too good to pass up. Everyone sees the Browns trading up for a WR but I agree they will not.

Also I would bet anything on Devin to Pats if he this there... If he's gone, Michael Bennett.

Can't wait until Thursday!

Edited by YoloinOhio

The biggest surprise to me is Kevin White at 3 and it has nothing to do with White not being a great prospect. I just don't see how the Jaguars could pass on the best player in the draft (Leonard Williams) if he's there. In any case, great work Bandit!

Thanks. It wouldn't really make sense to me either...I just harken back to last year when--in a class that was more talented than any we've seen in a long time--they stayed at 3 and took Bortles.

Well done Bandit. All the trades seem logical and could happen for sure. I loved the Raiders pick seems like something they would do. Not a fan of Davis pick, but understand the reasoning behind it. If the Bills didn't pick Davis who do you think they would pick? All in all good job. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I think it'll be one of Davis, P. Smith, Tomlinson, or Cann.

Outstanding as always!!

The Perriman pick that high would be so Raiders. He has it all except the hands and route running, lol. I agree on Carl Davis to Bills and think they wait until the 3rd on OL unless someone drops who is too good to pass up. Everyone sees the Browns trading up for a WR but I agree they will not.

Also I would bet anything on Devin to Pats if he this there... If he's gone, Michael Bennett.

Can't wait until Thursday!

You and your Buckeyes :w00t:

Thanks.

Great stuff as always Bandit. 1 thing is that I think Gurley will be gone sooner. It sounds like Miami is in love and that may be his floor IMO.

Thanks Kirby. I tried--I mean, really tried--to get Gurley into the top 15. I just couldn't find a way to get a RB up that high. I'm probably jaded by the last few seasons (and the stench of Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, and David Wilson).

Great stuff as always Bandit. 1 thing is that I think Gurley will be gone sooner. It sounds like Miami is in love and that may be his floor IMO.

i think miami is floating that as a smokescreen to try to trade down. Jmo. They are desperate to get another starting caliber cb and there is more depth at RB in this draft than CB.

Thanks. It wouldn't really make sense to me either...I just harken back to last year when--in a class that was more talented than any we've seen in a long time--they stayed at 3 and took Bortles.

Thanks. I think it'll be one of Davis, P. Smith, Tomlinson, or Cann.

You and your Buckeyes :w00t:

Thanks.

Thanks Kirby. I tried--I mean, really tried--to get Gurley into the top 15. I just couldn't find a way to get a RB up that high. I'm probably jaded by the last few seasons (and the stench of Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, and David Wilson).

belichick likes to draft Urban's guys going back to Florida

Especially WRs...Brady likes the guys that can run option routes. Didn't Urban coach D. Easley that NE drafted last year?

smith is also a tremendous blocker and ST player in addition to being a deep threat and contested catch winner. One of the best gunners in CFB.

Urban did coach Easley as a freshman

That's a good point. I was just thinking in terms of BPA, but you're right that the Jags could do something like that. I mean, I completely bought into your Raiders pick so why should I think the Jags will be any less crazy. :lol:

That's a good point. I was just thinking in terms of BPA, but you're right that the Jags could do something like that. I mean, I completely bought into your Raiders pick so why should I think the Jags will be any less crazy. :lol:

I think the Jags will take a defensive player but you never know. I wouldn't take White at 3. I would say a reliable #1 WR would be Cooper or Parker. White too raw for me at that spot. Jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think the Jags will take a defensive player but you never know. I wouldn't take White at 3. I would say a reliable #1 WR would be Cooper or Parker. White too raw for me at that spot. Jmo.

I agree with about White. I think Cooper is much safer, White just has awesome measurables and would be a great pick in the 9-12 range. I just agree with Bandit that his upside and their need to give Bortles a potential game changing option could entice the Jags to take him over a better defensive player or safer WR.

But... but, you chided me for my praise of Grayson weeks ago !! :D I would love to see a baller like Trey Flowers in rd. 3 but he may be more of a 4-3 WLB, if not strictly a 4-3 DE... but really like him. I think we need safety depth as well Just watched some tape sent by my son on SS's Sample from Louisville and Campbell from N'Western. They look like they could displace Duke... possibly, in time. Wish we had a 4th :( I might be persuaded to take a flyer on Shaq Thompson if available @ 50 ... just like kids that are playmakers and love FB . Great work as always young man !!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Great Stuff Bandit. I tried posting My 3 Round Mock as a table, but it just gave a jumbled mess when I posted so a link will have to do. I love the chaos with trades and QB's here. As for mine, I've got the Bills taking Mario Edwards - DE, Florida State and Jeremiah Poutasi - OT/G, Utah

Picks we agree on:

TB - Jameis Winston

NYG - Brandon Scherff

STL - La'el Collins

NO - Randy Gregory (though I've got this pick at 31, not 13)

CLE- Danny Shelton (I've got this at 12, not 19)

Great Stuff Bandit. I tried posting My 3 Round Mock as a table, but it just gave a jumbled mess when I posted so a link will have to do. I love the chaos with trades and QB's here. As for mine, I've got the Bills taking Mario Edwards - DE, Florida State and Jeremiah Poutasi - OT/G, Utah

Picks we agree on:

TB - Jameis Winston

NYG - Brandon Scherff

STL - La'el Collins

NO - Randy Gregory (though I've got this pick at 31, not 13)

CLE- Danny Shelton (I've got this at 12, not 19)

Didn't Randy Gregory say New Orleans was boring !??

Thoughts on yours (thoughts on mine).

I did a 5 round mock that I finished last week. I'll spare everyone the details as I don't know I have the cred built up to make my own thread to post my own thoughts yet.

Completely agree on the Falcons - Raiders trade for Atlanta getting Fowler. I mocked the same last week then was pretty thrilled to see stories starting to come out about it being legit in the last few days. Atlanta is an aggressive team and the Raiders under McKenzie always seem to want to move to pick up more picks.

I would be shocked to see Grayson and Petty go that early. Not saying it couldn't happen, just saying I'd be shocked.

I really don't see the Gurley - Miami connection, agree with others that say smokescreen. Lamar Miller is coming off a 1,000 yard season and he's only 24, Miami had to do a lot of roster trimming to fit Suh in and Gurley feels like a luxury they can't afford.

From what I've read from the tea leaves, the shine appears to be off Landon Collins a bit as teams are concerned about his versatility, if a team is taking a safety that early they want a lot out of them while Collins is a traditional in the box guy.