Bandit's Annual Mock - Review and New Round 2 Added!

Thoughts on yours (thoughts on mine).

I did a 5 round mock that I finished last week. I'll spare everyone the details as I don't know I have the cred built up to make my own thread to post my own thoughts yet.

Completely agree on the Falcons - Raiders trade for Atlanta getting Fowler. I mocked the same last week then was pretty thrilled to see stories starting to come out about it being legit in the last few days. Atlanta is an aggressive team and the Raiders under McKenzie always seem to want to move to pick up more picks.

I would be shocked to see Grayson and Petty go that early. Not saying it couldn't happen, just saying I'd be shocked.

I really don't see the Gurley - Miami connection, agree with others that say smokescreen. Lamar Miller is coming off a 1,000 yard season and he's only 24, Miami had to do a lot of roster trimming to fit Suh in and Gurley feels like a luxury they can't afford.

From what I've read from the tea leaves, the shine appears to be off Landon Collins a bit as teams are concerned about his versatility, if a team is taking a safety that early they want a lot out of them while Collins is a traditional in the box guy.

1) Post your mock...you are a good poster.

2) Yeah, the Fowler-to-Atlanta stuff is really starting to pick up now....good call.

3) Re QBs going early, yes, I agree it would be shocking.

Absolutely awesome stuff. What I like most - your views that the second-tier QBs are gonna go earlier than we all suspect. I get it too. You simply cannot win consistently in the NFL without one no matter how good the rest of the team is. An obvious statement, I know.

Petty in NO makes a ton of sense. Brees ran a spread in college under Tiller, and the two QBs remind me of each other.

Davis would be a fine pick, providing a solid rotational guy in 2015 and a potential replacement to Kyle down the road.

IMO, pick 81 had better be an OT/G under that scenario...although I suspect it'd be CB given Rex's love for the position.

EDIT:

Maybe this Fanspeak mock I just ran is a good omen...

50: R2P18
DT CARL DAVIS
IOWA
81: R3P17
G A.J. CANN
SOUTH CAROLINA
155: R5P19
TE TYLER KROFT
RUTGERS
188: R6P12
OT COREY ROBINSON
SOUTH CAROLINA
194: R6P18
S CLAYTON GEATHERS
UCF
234: R7P17
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON STATE
Edited by Lurker

I wonder if this will affect La'el Collins stock. It's only a questioning, but still not something he would have wanted to happen leading up to the draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--la-el-collins-sought-for-questioning-in-shooting-death-of-pregnant-woman-220103525.html

It won't, they've already ruled him out as a suspect based on location.

It won't, they've already ruled him out as a suspect based on location.

Thanks. I wasn't sure because the article I posted was from only an hour ago and it said that he wasn't currently a suspect, which I took to mean he could be in the future.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Looks like I only got 4 players to the correct team this year (down from 7 last year), and only correctly identified 23 of 32 players selected in the first round. Not a great year for accuracy.

Round 2 added below...

Looks like I only got 4 players to the correct team this year (down from 7 last year), and only correctly identified 23 of 32 players selected in the first round. Not a great year for accuracy.

Round 2 added below...

I got 10 correct player/team pairings including both of Cleveland's picks. 26/32 players selected in Round 1. I might do a re-mock next to my original Round 2 picks with the players that are actually available as my board. You've got to be feeling good about that Carl Davis pick with DT's slipping so far!

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

33. Tennessee Titans: Eddie Goldman – DT/Florida State

Time to add some stoutness on the nose to pair with Jurrell Casey and the edge defenders.

34. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Randy Gregory – EDGE/Nebraska

Lovie gets his edge rusher when Gregory is still on the board.

35. Oakland Raiders: Jalen Collins – CB/LSU

Youth, size, and speed in the back 7 are always a popular choice for Jack Del Rio.

36. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jake Fisher – OT/Oregon

A versatile offensive lineman to keep Blake Bortles clean and open holes for the running game.

37. New York Jets: T.J. Clemmings – OT/Pittsburgh

After passing on an OLmen in round 1, they grab a raw prospect to groom behind Ferguson/Giacomini.

38. Washington Redskins: Eli Harold – EDGE/Virginia

Here’s where they get their complementary edge player opposite P.R. Kerrigan.

39. Chicago Bears: Owamagbe Odighizuwa – EDGE/UCLA

They need youth on the edge, and Odighizuwa is one of the most athletic pass rushers in the draft.

40. New York Giants: Landon Collins – S/Alabama

Seeing both Antrel Rolle and Stevie Brown depart in FA, Collins fits perfectly as a plug-and-play guy.

41. Philadelphia Eagles (f/ St. Louis Rams): Jordan Phillips – DT/Oklahoma

A team that can’t stop the run grabs the best run-stopping NT left on the board…huge value here.

42. Atlanta Falcons: Maxx Williams – TE/Minnesota

Nobody filled the Tony Gonzalez void last year; Williams has the potential to do just that.

43. Cleveland Browns: Clive Walford – TE/Miami (FL)

Time to replace the loss of Jordan Cameron with a pass-catching threat on the interior.

44. New Orleans Saints: Bryce Petty – QB/Baylor

I’m bullish on this pick; makes too much sense.

45. Minnesota Vikings: Dorial Green-Beckham – WR/Oklahoma

DGB could be the big, physical target with deep speed they thought they were getting with Cordarelle Patterson.

46. San Francisco 49ers: Paul Dawson – LB/TCU

Adding a 3-down LB to the inside of their corps would build back the depth they lost in epidemic of offseason reitrements.

47. Miami Dolphins: P.J. Williams – CB/Florida State

Miami missed out on Trae Waynes, so they’ll settle for Williams—a press corner—in round 2.

48. San Diego Chargers: Preston Smith – DL/Mississippi St

Versatile lineman that can play the edge and push the pocket would be a great compliment to Suh.

49. Kansas City Chiefs: Jaelen Strong – WR/Arizona State

Strong represents the big, physical target they could use on the boundary opposite Jeremy Maclin.

50. Buffalo Bills: Carl Davis – DT/Iowa

Stout interior presence can play over the nose and garner significant snaps as a rookie.

51. Houston Texans: Devin Smith – WR/Ohio State

Smith’s short-area quickness and catch radius make for a perfect possession threat to pair with DeAndre Hopkins.

52. Philadelphia Eagles: A.J. Cann – OG/South Carolina

Athletic linemen are what Chip Kelly loves, and the pending trade/release of Evan Mathis leaves a big hole at guard.

53. Cincinnati Bengals: Danielle Hunter – EDGE/LSU

After bringing back Michael Johnson in free agency, the Bengals grab a virtual Johnson-clone—right down to the under-achievement—in round 2.

54. Detroit Lions: Michael Bennett – DL/Ohio State

Losing Nick Fairley left a hole, and Bennett is a similar brand of player that can pair with Haloti Ngata.

55. Arizona Cardinals: Ameer Abdullah – RB/Nebraska

Breakaway back to pair with Carson Palmer and take some burden off of Andre Ellington.

56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Eric Kendricks – LB/UCLA

The front-7 makeover continues, as Kendricks will pair with 1st rounders Bud Dupree and Ryan Shazier.

57. Carolina Panthers: Donovan Smith – OT/Penn State

This pick would go a long way into proving that I’m not the only person alive that realizes how bad their OL is right now.

58. Baltimore Ravens: T.J. Yeldon – RB/Alabama

Ozzie kills two birds with one stone: insurance for Justin Forsett and an Alabama player.

59. Denver Broncos: Denzel Perryman – LB/Miami (FL)

Denver has been searching for a mainstay at MLB ever since D.J. Williams left; Perryman would give them one.

60. Dallas Cowboys: Brett Hundley – QB/UCLA

Eventually, the ‘boys are going to draft an heir-apparent to Tony Romo.

61. Indianapolis Colts: Mario Edwards – DL/Florida State

I’ve given up on understanding Ryan Grigson, so I’m going BPA here.

62. Green Bay Packers: Bernardrick McKinney – LB/Mississippi State

Adds some thump to an ILB crew that let A.J. Hawk go this offseason.

63. Seattle Seahawks: Nate Orchard – EDGE/Utah

New DC Kris Richard would love to keep the edge pressure rolling in Seattle.

64. New England Patriots: Kwon Alexander – EDGE/LSU

Explosive edge rusher could be the compliment to Chandler Jones they’ve been seeking.

Thanks for adding your updated mock, bandit. If you have the time...

Do you see Cann as a fit for Roman's system? Also I'm wondering if you see Tre Jackson as an early third rounder, or will he slide in part due to the knee concerns. If the Bills do go DL at 50 would you want Jackson in the 3rd?

Thanks for adding your updated mock, bandit. If you have the time...

Do you see Cann as a fit for Roman's system? Also I'm wondering if you see Tre Jackson as an early third rounder, or will he slide in part due to the knee concerns. If the Bills do go DL at 50 would you want Jackson in the 3rd?

I like Cann as a LG. He is athletic, versatile, and is a good puller. I even believe he's got ability to possibly play center (he worked out at center for Washington, incidentally).

I'm not as a big Jackson guy as I am on some other guards. Here's the scouting report I did back in January:

Tre Jackson – Florida State

Jersey #54

http://draftbreakdow...otre-dame-2014/

(time notes are examples from the video above)

- Huge body, built to handle interior in the NFL

- Anchors well against bull rush (0:00)

- Tendency to lose track of quicker DTs and get beat off the snap (0:08), (2:00)

- Can re-direct in traffic and catch a delayed rusher (0:39), (3:48)

- Allows defenders to get their hands inside and loses leverage (1:50), (3:00)

- Lunges when not initially engaged and loses balance (2:30), (2:50), (4:10)

- Sets feet nicely in pass protection, but gets his head too far forward, leading to the lunge again (3:06)

- When he does use his punch in pass protection, he holds up just fine (3:20), (3:40)

- Absolutely buries guys when he cut blocks—doesn’t do it often, but it’s a weapon when he does (4:25)

I had to watch Jackson two or three times before I got comfortable with him, because he’s pretty inconsistent. The size and athleticism are there, and when he plays with proper technique, he’s a very good guard. I worry about how quickly he gets beat by the more athletic DTs, as that’s something he’ll face regularly in the NFL. I think he’ll be a 2nd round pick, but that’s over-valuing him…I’d put him closer to round 3 value.

I think he'll end up going 3rd round, and he'll probably compete for a starting spot as a rookie. He's just not my favorite of the guards. If we're going to take a guy like Jackson, I'd rather go for someone with slightly less upside who's more ready to play in the NFL like John Miller of Louisville, or more of a boom or bust guy like Jarvis Harrison, who has all the ability in the world, but has questions surrounding his work ethic.

My notes on those guys are in this thread as well:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174895-bandits-2015-draft-report-ogs/

The other guy I like a lot is Daryl Williams of Oklahoma, who I think can compete to start at RT, but is a potential all-pro if he can make the transition to guard. Those are the types of guys that coaches love because they can dress on game day and be vital contributors at multiple positions along the line.

Thanks again, sorry to ask you to repeat yourself. I'm going to look up your thread on OTs as well as that's a big position of concern to me- there's certainly hope for Henderson with better coaching, but counting on him to start with no alternative when we have QB issues and need to run the ball seems very risky. The fact they chased Bulaga hard tells me the coaches have their reservations too.

Re: Jackson I'm a sucker for road grading type guards who can move big DL around but I may be behind the times there. I gather that pulling and movement in general will be important for OGs under Roman.

Also off topic sorta but I'd be open to TE in the 3rd too.

Your description of Jarvis Harrison intrigues me because I think we can find value in those types with Rex on helm. Ryan has things 9n his resume that could give one pause, but one thing he does well is motivate and get players to buy into the program. Due diligence really is due and it's gotta be case by case, of course.

On pins and needles here like everyone else so thanks for your thoughts, and GO BILLS!

Edited by Aaron

The other guy I like a lot is Daryl Williams of Oklahoma, who I think can compete to start at RT, but is a potential all-pro if he can make the transition to guard. Those are the types of guys that coaches love because they can dress on game day and be vital contributors at multiple positions along the line.

If they could get an extra 4th, then Williams would be a great addition.

Doesn't Tre Jackson have some knee concerns that have popped up this week?

Thanks again, sorry to ask you to repeat yourself. I'm going to look up your thread on OTs as well as that's a big position of concern to me- there's certainly hope for Henderson with better coaching, but counting on him to start with no alternative when we have QB issues and need to run the ball seems very risky. The fact they chased Bulaga hard tells me the coaches have their reservations too.

Re: Jackson I'm a sucker for road grading type guards who can move big DL around but I may be behind the times there. I gather that pulling and movement in general will be important for OGs under Roman.

Also off topic sorta but I'd be open to TE in the 3rd too.

Your description of Jarvis Harrison intrigues me because I think we can find value in those types with Rex on helm. Ryan has things 9n his resume that could give one pause, but one thing he does well is motivate and get players to buy into the program. Due diligence really is due and it's gotta be case by case, of course.

On pins and needles here like everyone else so thanks for your thoughts, and GO BILLS!

Re: Jackson, I'm also a fan of the road-grader type guards, especially in a division with Suh, Wilkerson, Richardson, Harrison, and now Leonard Williams...you need to be big and nasty at the POA.

You struck the exact tune I was thinking with Jarvis Harrison; the type of guy that Rex can get the most out of...I'd love to have him in the 5th, but I really feel like he'll go higher based on his potential.

If they could get an extra 4th, then Williams would be a great addition.

Doesn't Tre Jackson have some knee concerns that have popped up this week?

I'm actually fine with Daryl Williams in the 3rd...I like him quite a bit.

I did see some medical stuff about Jackson; I don't put too much into that when it pops up in the days before the draft. Too much subterfuge out there (although it could be totally legit).