Glad we don't have a 1st round pick

major

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atta boy, Major! Absolutely NO ONE has had the guts to say this, but everyone knows it's so! Of course it will take 4-5 years to play out accurately, but there's simply no MUST HAVE player to be had! Not IMO, anyway. However, it's a great opportunity to draft potential at cheap rookie Cap #s to develop over time.

I'm so damn thankful we're finally in a position to draft true BPA to aid the future vs 'must have Need'!

For the 1st time in 2 decades, I won't be glued to the TV. In Whaley/College Scout team I trust!

The OP is right. This draft does suck. Watkins is a star already.

Whaley should trade down and get an additional pick. This team needs depth at DE, LB, S, and CB. Everyone thinks OL is the major need and I would certainly be fine adding another RT in this draft. But defensive depth is the real need.

eric Ebron

I had thought that everyone had speculated that it would have been Ebron, but then Whaley disputed that, and said it was going to be someone else?

Be that as it may, the question would be: Which would we rather have-- Ebron, plus the 19th pick, or Watkins?

Personally, I'd say Watkins.

I had thought that everyone had speculated that it would have been Ebron, but then Whaley disputed that, and said it was going to be someone else?

Be that as it may, the question would be: Which would we rather have-- Ebron, plus the 19th pick, or Watkins?

Personally, I'd say Watkins.

no, Whaley confirmed it would have been Ebron

So...

Ebron + #19, or Watkins?

hindsight is 20/20 so now that I know we have Clay at TE i would not have gone Ebron BUT I also doubt we would be picking this low without Sammy on the team last year, it would have been a higher pick. I'm happy with how it all turned out in the end. Edited by YoloinOhio

Atta boy, Major! Absolutely NO ONE has had the guts to say this, but everyone knows it's so! Of course it will take 4-5 years to play out accurately, but there's simply no MUST HAVE player to be had! Not IMO, anyway. However, it's a great opportunity to draft potential at cheap rookie Cap #s to develop over time.

I'm so damn thankful we're finally in a position to draft true BPA to aid the future vs 'must have Need'!

For the 1st time in 2 decades, I won't be glued to the TV. In Whaley/College Scout team I trust!

+1. I was trying to tell posters this after Whaley made trade for Sammy. Check the threads. Whaley and Co. is on top of the game!!!

This draft sucks. Whaley knew what he was doing moving up last year to get Watkins. Name 5 no miss picks in this year's draft. There aren't any

I'm happy with Watkins (obviously), but if Whaley REALLY knew what he was doing, he would have traded the 2015 1st pick to get an extra first pick in the 2014 draft (the deep draft, that everyone was saying had a wealth of "1st round talent, available in the 2nd").

I won't mention Odell Beckham...

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm happy with Watkins (obviously), but if Whaley REALLY knew what he was doing, he would have traded the 2015 1st pick to get an extra first pick in the 2014 draft (the deep draft, that everyone was saying had a wealth of "1st round talent, available in the 2nd").

I won't mention Odell Beckham...

why on earth do you think a GM from another team would have been stupid enough to make that trade? "If Whaley REALLY knew what he was doing" - come on. Do you actually think the Bills scouting dept was the only one who knew this draft wasn't as good as 2014? Edited by YoloinOhio