Jim Kelly Still cancer FREE

anyone who knows me personally knows that I don't have many sports heroes I really care about. In fact, I have only 2 that have in some way touched my life, and it's been Jim Kelly and Andre Agassi for 2 different reasons. so needless to say I was excited to read the news posted by Erin about her Dad.

Link: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/4/14/8409671/jim-kelly-still-cancer-free

This is great news for him and his family.

anyone who knows me personally knows that I don't have many sports heroes I really care about. In fact, I have only 2 that have in some way touched my life, and it's been Jim Kelly and Andre Agassi for 2 different reasons. so needless to say I was excited to read the news posted by Erin about her Dad.

Link: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/4/14/8409671/jim-kelly-still-cancer-free

This is great news for him and his family.

Curious-- why Agassi?

Curious-- why Agassi?

Yep. Me, too. Always been a fan of Agassi (became my favorite American player following McEnroe's retirement and I have not had a favorite American player since). But I am curious as to how he achieved "hero" status.

Curious-- why Agassi?

I identified with him from as early as high school, his family relationship with his father was one reason, and I really connected with his struggle with the game emotionally. For whatever reason, I became glued to his career, felt every loss, and reveled in every victory. while he was very talented, once he hit the pros, nothing came easy for the guy, very much like our home town. I played tennis and had a very similar style of play, so once I learned that I emulated his game even more.

I identified with him from as early as high school, his family relationship with his father was one reason, and I really connected with his struggle with the game emotionally. For whatever reason, I became glued to his career, felt every loss, and reveled in every victory. while he was very talented, once he hit the pros, nothing came easy for the guy, very much like our home town. I played tennis and had a very similar style of play, so once I learned that I emulated his game even more.

He was fun to watch. So much talent. Those were the glory days of American Men's tennis, IMO.