Preseason schedule announced

It is so weird that Detroit pops up every year. The odds of this happening are staggering.

Add to it that it's been home/away/home/away for all these years - those gotta be Powerball-type odds.

I love having week 1 and 3 at home.

Week 1 because I'm just excited to see live football after the long offseason.

Week 3 because that's when the starters play a lot and you get a better sense of what the regular season will look like.

Only 4 more months to wait.

Game one will be nuts because people will be jonesing to see the new Bills. Browns in primetime. Then Steelers, and Detroit away, a team I wish we'd stop playing every year. But over all I love it!

It's determined by the previous year's preseason standings.

LOL. that's good.

in all seriousness, (I don't know if the original comment was in jest too), the Detroit game is because of Ralph, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it carry on for quite some time now...

on an unrelated note, on NFL am they just cut to commercial with "wondering when youll get to see Rex on the sideline as a Bill for the first time. NFL preseason schedule reveal coming up at the top of the hour."

The Bills are back. There is no denying this. I dont know if we'll make the playoffs but out of the marquee games on our schedule, I could see any of the following being "prime time eligible"...

@ new england/new england

@ miami/miami

@ nyj/nyj (mostly because of Rex, but also because of Chan and Fitz)

Dallas

NYG

@ Philly

So let's figure a Pats game will be primetime, a Jets game will be primetime, and one of dallas/nyg/philly will be primetime.

Theres 3 night games out of 9 "high profile games"-- but I wouldnt be surprised if more than half of the remaining 6 are 4pm starts. The Dallas game is almost guaranteed to be, as well as the NYG game. Throw in the game against Jax (London) and you have the potential for almost HALF of the Bills games to be big national draws.

Which means...

better officials, more cameras (better viewing experience at home), better announcers, more post game interviews with the players, etc.

It all adds up to a football watching experience that is going to be more fun than anything that has happened to/for the Bills in 20 years.

And since sports is, you know, entertainment, and we're going to be, you know, entertained for the first time in 2 decades, I feel as if we should all be sending thank you cards to terry doug and rex!

And since sports is, you know, entertainment, and we're going to be, you know, entertained for the first time in 2 decades, I feel as if we should all be sending thank you cards to terry doug and rex!

Bills are entertainment? News to me...

LOL. that's good.

in all seriousness, (I don't know if the original comment was in jest too), the Detroit game is because of Ralph, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it carry on for quite some time now...

on an unrelated note, on NFL am they just cut to commercial with "wondering when youll get to see Rex on the sideline as a Bill for the first time. NFL preseason schedule reveal coming up at the top of the hour."

The Bills are back. There is no denying this. I dont know if we'll make the playoffs but out of the marquee games on our schedule, I could see any of the following being "prime time eligible"...

@ new england/new england

@ miami/miami

@ nyj/nyj (mostly because of Rex, but also because of Chan and Fitz)

Dallas

NYG

@ Philly

So let's figure a Pats game will be primetime, a Jets game will be primetime, and one of dallas/nyg/philly will be primetime.

Theres 3 night games out of 9 "high profile games"-- but I wouldnt be surprised if more than half of the remaining 6 are 4pm starts. The Dallas game is almost guaranteed to be, as well as the NYG game. Throw in the game against Jax (London) and you have the potential for almost HALF of the Bills games to be big national draws.

Which means...

better officials, more cameras (better viewing experience at home), better announcers, more post game interviews with the players, etc.

It all adds up to a football watching experience that is going to be more fun than anything that has happened to/for the Bills in 20 years.

That game is only on local TV in Buffalo and Jacksonville.

Anyone remember - Is the kids game usually the 1st or 2nd home game?

Last year it was the first preseason game. I remember it was particularly bonkers because everyone wanted to check out the renovations and new store. This year it might be equally bonkers, if not more. I haven't been paying much attention, but didn't we get a new coach or something?

Edited by jimmy10

Last year it was the first preseason game. I remember it was particularly bonkers because everyone wanted to check out the renovations and new store. This year it might be equally bonkers, if not more. I haven't been paying much attention, but didn't we get a new coach or something?

Yes, but that is because we played on the road for the first 3 games (we had 5 pre-season games last year). Usually it is the 2nd home pre-season game, so I would expect it to be the Steelers game.

Edited by thebug

Yes, but that is because we played on the road for the first 3 games (we had 5 pre-season games last year). Usually it is the 2nd home pre-season game, so I would expect it to be the Steelers game.

That's right, we had the HoF game last year.

Regardless, the Bills will make sure it's not a secret once the kid's day game is identified. They really do the hell out of it. I took my boy last year and we both had a ton of fun.

Regardless, the Bills will make sure it's not a secret once the kid's day game is identified. They really do the hell out of it. I took my boy last year and we both had a ton of fun.

Yeah love the kids day game, but ticket prices were jacked up a couple of years ago when it was against the steelers as well. :wallbash:

yeah they do a great job

• 4 weeks later...

@JaySkurski: Dates/times for #Bills preseason: 7 p.m. 8/14 vs. Panthers; 8 p.m. 8/20 at Browns (ESPN); 4 p.m. 8/29 vs. Steelers; 7:30 p.m. 9/3 at Lions.

Crap - for the 30th straight year, I can't make it. Glad I paid for them, though!