Dareus appears interested to stay in Buffalo

Drreef2

At his plea, someone asked him about staying in Buffalo:

Upon arriving, Dareus had a brief chat with a Bills fan who recognized the player inside the courtroom.

In wishing Dareus well, the person hoped he will re-sign with the Bills before the final year of his contract expires after next season.

"Let's see if I can stay in Buffalo," Dareus responded. "I want to."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-marcell-dareus-reaches-plea-deal-car-racing-charges

This sounds encouraging. Now we need a reasonable contract unlike Suh's contract. Hopefully we get something done after the draft. Go Bills!!

Mario needs to do some restructuring

It`s not about the Pegulas paying him. It`s about cap space.

not true. #1) they will give him the most guaranteed money #2) they used to own the sports agency that represents him

I realize it all has to fit under the cap but the cap will be increasing a lot next year plus they can restructure Mario. It will happen

Cap space is definitely becoming a factor in Buffalo, but there is enough room left to lock Dareus up now. I want to see it done before the season starts. If negotiations linger into next offseason and the Bills are forced to tag him things could get ugly. Under no circumstances can they let him test free agency. There are teams with way too much cap space for that.

And that's exactly what was said about Jerry Hughes too. By most accounts he could have earned quite a bit more on the FA market but chose to sign here.

Only dfference is Hughes knows Buffalo was the only thing keeping him from working at the nearest Wegmans or using his college degree. I don't see them cut from the same cloth. Dareus saw the McCoy Suh Watt deal. He will want 100+ and he will NOT take a home town discount. You forget to mention people like Bird and Spiller. They said the same thing as well. I would like to get something done in buffalo.

All I needed to see was the Oakland game last year. They couldn't run on us until Darieus got hurt, then they were ripping off 10-15 yards runs at will. Pay the man, he is the best player on the roster & he is top 3 in his position in the league.

I concede he looked great last year. I still say Mario is our defensive MVP though

Dareus will be here one way or another....

bills could use the franchise tag twice on him and SAVE money doing it.

Even ignoring the potential problems tagging Dareus (twice) could result in - hold outs, bad will, trade requests, playing to protect his health, etc. - how on Earth do you figure it would save money? Not to mention the fact that it would be a short term solution at best.