Bills comfortable signing "more professional" Dareus

Suh was overpaid because he was a FA who wanted to leave. Byrd did this. As did Clay and Julius Thomas. Guys like Hughes and Bulaga and Randall Cobb wanted to stay with their current teams and got paid but not overpaid. If the current team and player both want the deal done it will get done. It will probably look more like Gerald mccoy than Suh's if he stays. I expect him to sign an extension prior to FA. I also expect a Mario restructure.

Gerald McCoy, LOL.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they don't have to give him 19 million a year like Suh. As good as Suh and Dareus are it's a lot of money to commit to a DT. As valuable as DT's are controlling the run game and collapsing the pocket in pass rushing they aren't worth paying nearly as much as a QB would command. But if they can get his number down to 14-15 million more in line with McCoy that would seem to be a fair value considering how much he anchors the D-line.

I think Dareus has definitely earned the extension. His first two years were a mess due to the coaching staff misusing him as the 5 technique end but once Pettine and Schwartz got him aligned correctly, he showed why he was a top-5 pick. I think locking him up now, drafting an end, and then deciding what to do with Mario sooner than later is their plan. Once you get Dareus signed you have 2 pro bowl tackles to go with (what should really be 2) pro bowl de's. They need to draft another pass rusher so that Mario Williams doesn't have all the leverage and hopefully develop somebody so they don't miss a beat once the Williams brothers are gone. (Clearly they aren't brothers but you know what i mean)

Edited by RunninRebel37

Dareus agreed to being ticketed with two traffic violations _ failure to keep right and imprudent speed

DT Dareus reached plea agreement to have misdemeanor charges dropped for crashing his 2012 Jaguar into a tree last year

from john wawrow twitter

Edited by ALF

How much of this was due to his celebrity status? Not that I care. At this point I want a Super Bowl at whatever it costs.

Would we even care about this if he wasn't famous? I don't remember reading about someone going to jail for hitting a pole.

It's not good but it's hardly like he was OJ or something. :)

So, Erie County had such an airtight case against Marcell that they pled him down to two traffic violations and a football camp. Or maybe the DA is a football fan. In either case I think we can put this to rest. If Marcell gets anything more than a 1-game suspension I'd be shocked.

So, Erie County had such an airtight case against Marcell that they pled him down to two traffic violations and a football camp. Or maybe the DA is a football fan. In either case I think we can put this to rest. If Marcell gets anything more than a 1-game suspension I'd be shocked.

This case, yes. But is the other case still going on? The fake weed one.