Bills sat down with a lot of QBs

Bills caterer may be on vacation. :thumbsup: The Off. linemen will be coming I'm pretty sure. And they may have already fallen in love w/ their OL selection at the combine and feel he will be there @ #50 or #81. Someone that fits their power scheme.

this is funny...their head chef is a good friend of mine...He was on vacation in Cancun!! Back now....bring the O Linemen in....

Kinda don't expect them to go QB at 50. A guard makes sense or even a linebacker. Look for a QB in either the third round or later. Preferably someone they can stash on the reserve squad this year. Having said that, it would be cool to get Petty or Grayson in the third.

Edited by Wagon Circler

There will be a lot more pre-draft visits to OBD after the pro days wrap up.

Here's last year's list of visitors (Kouandjio was the the next-to-last guy to visit, on April 24):

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/4/2/5574050/nfl-draft-2014-buffalo-bills-pre-draft-visitors

All 4 of their first draftees were in town for a visit. Good scouting or self fulfilling prophecies?

Nice get of Brown in the 3rd, but Cyrus & Cockrell are still question marks.

I can't see them drafting a QB before the 6th or 7th round, and only to replace Tuel. It's very hard to imagine they would be able to convince Taylor to sign without basically guaranteeing him a chance to start and a roster spot. Not that he has a realistic chance to start but he will be taken seriously and given some solid reps in OTAs and camp and preseason. That all goes out the window if they draft a QB in 2-3 rounds. Unless, of course, they cut or trade EJ, and that ain't happening.

I think all this QB talk is a smoke screen hoping a team that's wants to take a QB in 2d Rd is worried that Bills might take one at 50 so they trade with Bills with the Bills picking up a 4th Rd pick that they don't have at this time.

Elaborate smokescreen.

Step 1: Interview all QB's other than top 2

Step 2: Publicly state that the gap between QB3 and Winston/Mariota is smaller than people realize

Step 3: With stock in QB's up, more are taken before 50. Possibly pushing down a couple O-Line prospects to 50 that wouldn't have been there otherwise

Step 4: ????????

Step 5: Profit

:thumbsup:

I like the way you think. Cordy Glenn is a guard. "Hell, no, he's not a guard!"

Edited by Hopeful

If the Bills like a QB, they should just go ahead and draft him in the 2nd. This team is one decent QB away from a deep run into the playoffs. Every playoff team this year has shown that an above average QB is a must to get to the post-season, so why not swing for the fences. What other position do we need as badly?

Funny thing is the due diligence going on at the combine in looking for a QB. This is a process that should be going on yearly for every team without a clear cut franchise QB. Funny how Buddy said we could do this "later".

this is funny...their head chef is a good friend of mine...He was on vacation in Cancun!! Back now....bring the O Linemen in....

So what kind of food do they serve at OBD?

If the Bills like a QB, they should just go ahead and draft him in the 2nd. This team is one decent QB away from a deep run into the playoffs. Every playoff team this year has shown that an above average QB is a must to get to the post-season, so why not swing for the fences. What other position do we need as badly?

Funny thing is the due diligence going on at the combine in looking for a QB. This is a process that should be going on yearly for every team without a clear cut franchise QB. Funny how Buddy said we could do this "later".

If there's a QB that they really like and think could be "the man" sure, but they shouldn't reach. I'm not a college football fan but my buds tell me next year's QB class is expected to be deeper and we'll have a 1st round pick next year. I don't think they will though - I think that's what Cassel and Taylor are all about. We think we have someone in the building who can serve, we'll pull the trigger only if "our guy" is there.

But I can't fault your point about due diligence. The Bills historical approach to QB including under Nix has been beyond stupid.

Edited by Hopeful

At the combine they talked to 13 QBs and 1 OL.

I get the interest in the QBs. The lack of interest in OL puzzles me (even when you add the two OL invited to private workouts).

I feel you man, but what happened in my opinion under the Whaley Marrone time was Whaley was drafting guys for a run first offense while the coach was trying to play the guys to run his system which was pass first. I think we have the guys on our roster for a ground and pound now they just weren't used right this is the way I see it (LT Glenn 6'6" 345; LG Incognito 6'3" 319; C Woods 6'4" 310; LG Kouandijo 6'7" 322; LT Henderson 6'7" 331) keep in mind two were R last year and will only grow. Kouandijo and Henderson could be interchangeable or we will draft another player more suitable for guard but I would be happy with these five starting. Plus we added a legit FB which will only help. I think we will finally experience a head coach and GM working together having the same vision in the type of players they want which we haven't had in a long time.

I feel you man, but what happened in my opinion under the Whaley Marrone time was Whaley was drafting guys for a run first offense while the coach was trying to play the guys to run his system which was pass first. I think we have the guys on our roster for a ground and pound now they just weren't used right this is the way I see it (LT Glenn 6'6" 345; LG Incognito 6'3" 319; C Woods 6'4" 310; LG Kouandijo 6'7" 322; LT Henderson 6'7" 331) keep in mind two were R last year and will only grow. Kouandijo and Henderson could be interchangeable or we will draft another player more suitable for guard but I would be happy with these five starting. Plus we added a legit FB which will only help. I think we will finally experience a head coach and GM working together having the same vision in the type of players they want which we haven't had in a long time.

I'm pretty sure that Whaley or Rex has said they do not want the 2 young kids next to eachother, which is why they talked about moving Glenn inside and Henderson to LT, with Kouandjio at RT.

The way they laid it out, it sounded like this...Henderson - Glenn - Wood - Incognito - Kouandjio (Wish I could remember the interview, pretty sure it was on Murph's show.)

Also, didn't Whaley recently say, "unless someone is there that we cannot resist, we will not draft a QB early."

He also just said that the later round picks will not even make the roster, which leads me to believe they try to use them to move up and get 3-4 players they really want.

I'm pretty sure that Whaley or Rex has said they do not want the 2 young kids next to eachother, which is why they talked about moving Glenn inside and Henderson to LT, with Kouandjio at RT.The way they laid it out, it sounded like this...Henderson - Glenn - Wood - Incognito - Kouandjio (Wish I could remember the interview, pretty sure it was on Murph's show.)Also, didn't Whaley recently say, "unless someone is there that we cannot resist, we will not draft a QB early."He also just said that the later round picks will not even make the roster, which leads me to believe they try to use them to move up and get 3-4 players they really want.

So they have given up on Williams and they are moving Glenn to guard? I don't remember hearing this.