Ballsy move, SCOTUS!

SCOTUS denied a challenge to Wisconsin's voter ID law, so the law will go into full effect at the start of the next election cycle. Next thing you know, you'll have to show ID to buy a beer in Wisconsin, Oh wait a minute....

http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/297236831.html

Excellent work and time well spent by our leaders wrestling a problem that did not exist to the ground...

Chew on this:

http://morningafter.gawker.com/john-oliver-shut-down-the-!@#$-barrel-of-pernicious-1693070305

Well, somebody thought it existed since it received a writ of certiorari from SCOTUS.

And they are not taking it well this time, either, via HuffPo:

“The Supreme Court’s decision is a huge step backward for our democracy,” Advancement Project Co-Director Penda D. Hair said in a statement Monday.
“The 300,000 registered Wisconsin voters
who lack the limited forms of photo ID needed to vote in Wisconsin — disproportionately African Americans and Latinos — deserve to have their voices heard in our political process. The values enshrined in our Constitution, and protected in the Voting Rights Act, are undermined when burdensome laws like photo ID requirements make the ballot box inaccessible to any eligible voters.

Who wins here?

In addition to voters who now can have more trust in the integrity of the system, the winner is Scott Walker, who once again has defeated the opposition against the odds.

How did they register without ID ?

You also require a photo ID to do the following -

*cash a check – anywhere
*fly
*open a bank account
*apply for a passport
*apply for a library card (unless you are a child)
*attend university (where they will issue you one)
*drive

It is virtually impossible to conduct life in the USA without a photo ID. Among those other things, you cannot so much as collect a Welfare check or Food Stamps without one!

Edited by B-Man

Remember, he's not a Democrat. He's a libertarian who thinks everything wrong with this country is caused by Republicans.

No - I am independent.

I think the GOP - as evidenced by this subject - spends all their resources/political capital on things that simply help no one and go no where.

Gerrymandering/voterid/terryschiavo/schoolprayer/historybooks/science/evolution/uselesswars/unpaidtaxcuts/someoneistakingourguns/birthers/gimmickbudgets/bengazi...

Tell me - Oh wise PPP board - where - oh where - was voter fraud an issue? This was never about voter fraud...it was about trying to gain an edge in voting...please tell me you are not so blind or deluded to not know that.

GOP won in a "landslide" last fall - where is the legislative plan?

Tell me - Oh wise PPP board - where - oh where - was voter fraud an issue?

You'd think for all the noise people like you make about there being no voter fraud that you would have absolutely no problem with enforcing voter ID laws.

What's the big worry?

GOP won in a "landslide" last fall - where is the legislative plan?

I've actually linked you to the Ryan plan, and if you even remotely pay attention to politics, you know both houses are working on budgets, something the left opted NOT to do for the last six years.

So tell us...what is the 'independent' legislative plan? Where is the 'independent' budget? What is the 'independent' platform beyond asking what everyone else's plan is?

You say you're an independent, but you sure as hell whine and blame like a liberal.

You'd think for all the noise people like you make about there being no voter fraud that you would have absolutely no problem with enforcing voter ID laws.

What's the big worry?

The big worry is that voter ID requirements might show how big a problem voter fraud is, by finally making it empirically demonstrable.

It'll be really fun when MSNBC et al. start bitching about how voter ID laws reduced turnout in Wisconsin. Yeah...maybe that's not a bad thing, if the reduction is in people voting more than once.

The big worry is that voter ID requirements might show how big a problem voter fraud is, by finally making it empirically demonstrable.

It'll be really fun when MSNBC et al. start bitching about how voter ID laws reduced turnout in Wisconsin. Yeah...maybe that's not a bad thing, if the reduction is in people voting more than once.

Given the 6.5 million Americans that Social Security has on the books who are past the age of 112, with no death certificates on file, I'd say it's also not a bad thing if we could keep the dead from casting their ballots from the grave.

Given the 6.5 million Americans that Social Security has on the books who are past the age of 112, with no death certificates on file, I'd say it's also not a bad thing if we could keep the dead from casting their ballots from the grave.

But we are wasting all of our time on a non-existent problem ..........................

As a quick reminder, as of February 2015, 31 states enforced voter identification requirements.

A total of 16 states required voters to present photo identification while 15 accepted other forms of identification.

In some states, a voter who is unable to present valid identification may still be permitted to vote without casting a provisional ballot. In others, such voters are required to cast provisional ballots

I'm sure Wisconsin voters will survive................except those college students who are voting twice.

Edited by B-Man

How do all those dead people cash their SS checks with no ID?

Oh, please, that's just another Faux New talking point, and besides, the amount of fraud being committed to steal taxpayer dollars pales in comparison to the cost of two wars started exclusively by Bush to fund Dick Cheney's retirement!

Oh, and Sarah Palin is stupid! Just because!

Oh, please, that's just another Faux New talking point, and besides, the amount of fraud being committed to steal taxpayer dollars pales in comparison to the cost of two wars started exclusively by Bush to fund Dick Cheney's retirement!

Oh, and Sarah Palin is stupid! Just because!

You forgot, Mitt has a horse!!

And they are not taking it well this time, either, via HuffPo:

“The Supreme Court’s decision is a huge step backward for our democracy,” Advancement Project Co-Director Penda D. Hair said in a statement Monday.
“The 300,000 registered Wisconsin voters
who lack the limited forms of photo ID needed to vote in Wisconsin — disproportionately African Americans and Latinos — deserve to have their voices heard in our political process. The values enshrined in our Constitution, and protected in the Voting Rights Act, are undermined when burdensome laws like photo ID requirements make the ballot box inaccessible to any eligible voters.

Who wins here?

In addition to voters who now can have more trust in the integrity of the system, the winner is Scott Walker, who once again has defeated the opposition against the odds.

How did they register without ID ?

You also require a photo ID to do the following -

*cash a check – anywhere

*fly

*open a bank account

*apply for a passport

*apply for a library card (unless you are a child)

*attend university (where they will issue you one)

*drive

It is virtually impossible to conduct life in the USA without a photo ID. Among those other things, you cannot so much as collect a Welfare check or Food Stamps without one!

....and even a fishing license.