Rex Ryan: We will run 50 times if we can

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't read too much into that tbh. Clearly they want to establish the run to be able to pass, and the more they can control the clock the better. They don't have an elite QB so they do need to be a good running team to win games. But 50 times/game is hyperbole especially as he followed it up with -

"We're not naive enough to think were going to be able to get away with that," Ryan said of running all game. "We can spread you out and create some nightmares in coverage. If you want to stop our run by keeping all the big guys in there, then so be it, well be able to hurt you in a lot of different ways outside."

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't read too much into that tbh. Clearly they want to establish the run to be able to pass, and the more they can control the clock the better. They don't have an elite QB so they do need to be a good running team to win games. But 50 times/game is hyperbole especially as he followed it up with -

"We're not naive enough to think were going to be able to get away with that," Ryan said of running all game. "We can spread you out and create some nightmares in coverage. If you want to stop our run by keeping all the big guys in there, then so be it, well be able to hurt you in a lot of different ways outside."

I had to laugh in the comments section.

Use two 1st round picks to draft sammy watkins. Run it 50 times. I am glad I wasn't drinking when I read that. It would be all over the screen.

Let the 1980's era of football begin!

Taylor would make the most sense I think at QB the more I hear him talk about the philosphy surrounding the offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/21/rex-ryan-bills-will-run-50-times-a-game-if-we-can/

Of course he wants to run 50...that means you're winning the game. Does anyone watch football games? I'll bet anyone the Bills throw 30 times most games.

Edited by nucci

Of course he wants to run 50...that means you're winning the game. Does anyone watch football games? I'll bet anyone the Bills throw 30 times most games.

But i bet they dont want to. They want to control the line and pick and choose plays to get the ball to the play makers.

BTW Bills should lean on the run game as much as possible , with those RBs and Felton/Clay as a strength coming out of the backfield

I wonder how long it will take when people start complaining that Sammy Watkins isn't get the ball enough? Everyone dogged on Marrone hard for that.

If hogan is getting more touches than sammy in any game, the complaint is fair

If hogan is getting more touches than sammy in any game, the complaint is fair

Its all in context. If teams double and triple cover Sammy or gear zones towards him and players like Harvin, Hogan, Woods, and Clay are carving teams up then Sammy has done his job and why throw to a guy constantly double covered? But if Sammy is getting single covered at times and he isn't targeted properly then its valid.

Obviously if they are winning they will run as much as possible but I'm not buying all of the ground and pound talk. They will obviously run but they didn't sign Clay and Harvin to block

Its all in context. If teams double and triple cover Sammy or gear zones towards him and players like Harvin, Hogan, Woods, and Clay are carving teams up then Sammy has done his job and why throw to a guy constantly double covered? But if Sammy is getting single covered at times and he isn't targeted properly then its valid.

If harvin or clay is the alternative- sure. If we are using him as a decoy for hogan, I stand by my comment