Rex Ryan: We will run 50 times if we can

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to have no choice if they go into the season with this stable of QBs.

More needs to be done, or this 15 year playoff drought in unlikely to end...

Imo

They need to do more, but they came close to the playoffs with less last season. I think they can make the playoffs with this roster, but won't get far. Most here seem to find that satisfying enough.

Then again, I think that will be the story of the Rex Ryan Bills, close but no cigar. I think they won't select high enough to land an elite talent at QB, and will have too much money tied up in defenders to land a good free agent QB. Getting past the Brady Pats, and after that, the Luck Colts, will be tough without an above average QB.

They need to do more, but they came close to the playoffs with less last season. I think they can make the playoffs with this roster, but won't get far. Most here seem to find that satisfying enough.

Then again, I think that will be the story of the Rex Ryan Bills, close but no cigar. I think they won't select high enough to land an elite talent at QB, and will have too much money tied up in defenders to land a good free agent QB. Getting past the Brady Pats, and after that, the Luck Colts, will be tough without an above average QB.

go bills ?

Last year we literally had a game where sammy was referred to as a decoy. Sure you can accept players down the line helping keep the offense on schedule occasionally but at some point you have to feed your superstars too. Hopefully we have enough of those talents that we don't have to worry about hogan-esque players being the centerpiece

True you do have to feed your top talents but there are going to some games where they command too much attention and other players get to take advantage. Granted they shouldn't feed the ball to Hogan over Watkins and other players but if in one or two games Hogan gets open he is going to get the ball.

Tyrod Taylor's College coach was Frank Beamer at VT. His signature recipe for success has been ball control offense, suffocating defense and special teams that can also score. Some interesting stats:

VT Since 1993:

- Overall Computer Rank - #4 of 120

- Overall total defense rank - #5 of 120

- Interceptions - #1 of 120

- Sacks - Top 10 of 120

- Blocked Kicks - #1 of 120

- Non-Offemsive TD's - #1 of 120

- Current consecutive bowl streak - #1 (23 years)

More in Tyrod's 3 years as primary starter:

2008 - Rushing Offense - 57 % of total

2009 - Rushing Offense - 53 % of total

2010 - Rushing Offense - 49 % of total

So Beamer let him throw more and more as he matured as a passer but VT generally wins games controlling the clock on O, taking the ball away and scoring on D and ST.

Any of this sound eeeeerily similar to Rex Ryan's M.O. or eeeeerily similar to how the Bills are set up right now ?

Tyrod Taylor is not and will never be Aaron Rogers, Dan Marino or Tom Brady - but have no doubt he can be Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, or even Russell Wilson.

Jury is out on this raw talent but he does have the tools, background and moxy to play Rex and Bills football.

Tyrod Taylor is not and will never be Aaron Rogers, Dan Marino or Tom Brady - but have no doubt he can be Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, or even Russell Wilson.

Jury is out on this raw talent but he does have the tools, background and moxy to play Rex and Bills football.

Whooaaa Nellie! I'm big on Tyrod and won't be shocked at all if he is the starting qb in game 1 but I do have some doubts about him being Roger, Fran or even Russell Wilson lol dude.

Edited by beerme1

Whooaaa Nellie! I'm big on Tyrod and won't be shocked at all if he is the starting qb in game 1 but I do have some doubts about him being Roger, Fran or even Russell Wilson lol dude.

Copy that. Pardon my entusiasm. Can't waoi for the season to start with any of the QB's ! Just tried to think of QB's who were winners, gamers, and not known for pure passing acumen.

Might have gone prematurely overboard.

Kid's a gamer and has"it" though. Anyone saying that about the other 2 ?

Copy that. Pardon my entusiasm. Can't waoi for the season to start with any of the QB's ! Just tried to think of QB's who were winners, gamers, and not known for pure passing acumen.

Might have gone prematurely overboard.

Kid's a gamer and has"it" though. Anyone saying that about the other 2 ?

I think you can make a case for the other two. EJ's time has been brief but see his game against Carolina and know that the kid has game. In fact because he has game, he got injured against Cleveland trying to do too much. Matt, well I guess the argument will be he's never had this talent to play with and we are about to see IT.

But like I said I wouldn't be shocked at all about Tyrod starting. It will be a fun camp and pre season and hopefully they all make it a tough decision on Rex.

Tyrod Taylor's College coach was Frank Beamer at VT. His signature recipe for success has been ball control offense, suffocating defense and special teams that can also score. Some interesting stats:

VT Since 1993:

- Overall Computer Rank - #4 of 120

- Overall total defense rank - #5 of 120

- Interceptions - #1 of 120

- Sacks - Top 10 of 120

- Blocked Kicks - #1 of 120

- Non-Offemsive TD's - #1 of 120

- Current consecutive bowl streak - #1 (23 years)

More in Tyrod's 3 years as primary starter:

2008 - Rushing Offense - 57 % of total

2009 - Rushing Offense - 53 % of total

2010 - Rushing Offense - 49 % of total

So Beamer let him throw more and more as he matured as a passer but VT generally wins games controlling the clock on O, taking the ball away and scoring on D and ST.

Any of this sound eeeeerily similar to Rex Ryan's M.O. or eeeeerily similar to how the Bills are set up right now ?

Only issue with Taylor is how much of a chance is he really going to get (EJ and Cassel are going to command more snaps)? Also the raw tools might be there but he hasn't really seen much live action. I think they are looking at Taylor as a fallback option if the season goes to ****. If the Bills goes 3-7, they can just throw Taylor out there and see what he has for the last 5-6 games.

Hahaha, I will be happy if they make the playoffs too. Maybe all this losing has worn me down.

Maybe all this losing has worn all of us down to some degree.

But here we are talking in depth about un proven or really NFL tested QB, possibly starting this year!

Its what we do