Should we trade Charles Clay?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Charles Clay signing. But, what this team really needs, is a quarterback, and EJ, Cassel, Tyrod, and Tuel just won't cut it. Now I know we can't get like an Andrew Luck for him, but what about like, Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler. Maybe the Redskins will give us Cutler?

He might also be worth a top 10 pick, to get Marriota or WINston.

Everyone has pretty much covered the ridiculousness of this post...however, lets add something not being mentioned.

If teams with QB's better than what we have wanted Clay and are willing to take on his contract, then why didn't they just sign him to an offer sheet?

Furthermore...you stated Cutler and Dalton...do you people even think about what you write? Both teams have very talented TE's, in fact, guys most people would rank near Clay or even better than Clay. So why would they get rid of their QB, who is necessary to throw the ball to the TE, for another player at the same position they already have big talent at? In what world does this make sense?

And who is going to give up a top 10 pick for a TE they could have just signed themselves a few days ago that also has a lot to prove still on the field? Why would Clay NOW be attractive with a contract that exceeds his production to a team with a top 10 pick? If they are willing to pay Clay that kind of money, they would have made the same offer and kept their top 10 pick.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has pretty much covered the ridiculousness of this post...however, lets add something not being mentioned.

If teams with QB's better than what we have wanted Clay and are willing to take on his contract, then why didn't they just sign him to an offer sheet?

Furthermore...you stated Cutler and Dalton...do you people even think about what you write? Both teams have very talented TE's, in fact, guys most people would rank near Clay or even better than Clay. So why would they get rid of their QB, who is necessary to throw the ball to the TE, for another player at the same position they already have big talent at? In what world does this make sense?

And who is going to give up a top 10 pick for a TE they could have just signed themselves a few days ago that also has a lot to prove still on the field? Why would Clay NOW be attractive with a contract that exceeds his production to a team with a top 10 pick? If they are willing to pay Clay that kind of money, they would have made the same offer and kept their top 10 pick.

This pretty much was all covered in previous posts but one thing I didn't notice before is the line "Maybe the Redskins will give us Cutler". That makes it even better

I corrected myself. I meant Cousins.

The fact that you would want the Bills to trade Clay for Cousins might even be worse. Cousins is awful. Not even on the same planet as Dalton and Cutler as far as ability

I am going to defend the OP.

I just heard Schefter on the radio, and he thought the Bills could possibly package Clay and Harvin together with our 2nd rounder, to move up and get Mariotta.

I am going to try to find the link for this.

I would do this. Anyone else?

I doubt any sane GM would make that deal

CBF