Rivers in 2016?

FTR

Journeyman = any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer. Not necessarily an older QB that switches from team to team every year or 2. which may be what people associate that word with.

Yes, Brees would also fit into this classification of Journeyman.

I'd love a Championship but I'd enjoy a 5 to 10 year run of excellence too with a younger stud.

Brees is "competent but routine"?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oye must you be so literal?

did I use the right word for you WEO?

Words have meanings. When your point hinges on the use of specific term, there is no other choice.

Besides Brees is more of a wigwam and Rivers is your run of the mill nematode.

Did you hack WEO's account. you are definately not posting like the WEO of old.

did something change?

you've twisted the meaninf of my last few posts. Or was I too slow to notice this a long time ago?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

FTR

Journeyman = any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer. Not necessarily an older QB that switches from team to team every year or 2. which may be what people associate that word with.

Yes, Brees would also fit into this classification of Journeyman.

I'd love a Championship but I'd enjoy a 5 to 10 year run of excellence too with a younger stud.

Would you trade EJ straight up for Rivers?

Would you trade EJ straight up for Brees?

In their prime? Yes. At this moment, with a possibility of a 1 year run deep into the playoffs, it's tempting but only at a reasonable salary cap cost. I wouldn't sell the team for either QB.

Guarantee me a SB run and I'm all in.

If they called and offered Rivers for EJ this afternoon what would you do?

Same question for Brees?

Please provide further detail, I would like to know what specifics are involved.

You know the obvious answer. I would trade for Brees in his prime for EJ. I might even trade for Rivers in his prime for EJ.

Rivers has done well. but I need to ask is he a product of the system? good enough to beat poor conference opponents and for a while losing playoff games more oft than not.

If they called and offered Rivers for EJ this afternoon what would you do?

Same question for Brees?

Please provide further detail, I would like to know what specifics are involved.

You know the obvious answer. I would trade for Brees in his prime for EJ. I might even trade for Rivers in his prime for EJ.

Rivers has done well. but I need to ask is he a product of the system? good enough to beat poor conference opponents and for a while losing playoff games more oft than not.

I'm not sure what is so confusing? If Doug Whaley (you are playing the role of Whaley) got a call this afternoon and said "we'd like to offer you Phil Rivers for EJ Manuel" what would you do? Same goes for Brees

I'm not sure what is so confusing? If Doug Whaley (you are playing the role of Whaley) got a call this afternoon and said "we'd like to offer you Phil Rivers for EJ Manuel" what would you do? Same goes for Brees

oh Kirby, there is no confusion. You've thrown curve balls at me before - once bitten twice shy my friend. please forgive my resistance to fall into a trap.

If you can you guarantee that Drew will play the best he's ever played while not leading the NFL in passes and passing yardage then I'd be willing to do so.

Brees has thrown for an average of over 5100 yards the past 4 seasons and completes almost 70% of his passes- best stretch ever. He's not "in his prime"??

@ age 36 in his 15th season .. YES WEO, Drew is past his prime, so is Peyton Manning, and (here it is) so is Tom Brady. Philip Rivers is also on the bad side of 30. ergo on the downslope.

Now before you kneejek into a responce. Just because a player is past his prime does not mean that they cannot play well.

EDIT - Passing yards can also mean a weakness - Playing from behind or being one dimentional.. both are bad traits. 7-9 baby!!! feel proud