Stevie Johnson signs with Chargers

C/\lifornia Cool13 @StevieJohnson13 7m7 minutes ago

I would have if they called and Chan & Fitzmagic were there “@Coach_Brock: @StevieJohnson13 did you ever consider a return to the Bills?”

C/\lifornia Cool13 @StevieJohnson13 4m4 minutes ago

Nothing evil about them. World class organization that wins. Respect “@sissonB304: @StevieJohnson13 why the Chargers over the Evil Empire?”

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: The #Chargers will pay WR Stevie Johnson $10.5M over three years, source said. He can get to $12M. Hell be a big part of their offense.

Good match. Bright OC and QB who will utilize his unique skills well. Now only if NJ Jest could trade Revis to Broncos.

• 3 weeks later...

@SBNationNFL: Shawne Merriman explains what it's like to play wtih Stevie Johnson http://t.co/n5yMVN8Wbzhttp://t.co/TUAvxwLDKg

Good stuff - always liked Stevie (even early on), would have loved to see him remain on the Bills, but this is the NFL soooooo...

Regardless, seems like a good guy - comfortable in his own skin - as Merriman said, would love to run into him and have a pop or two!

Until then, I'll just hold on to my autographed #13 as a memory of the SJ13 x Fitzmagic x Chan The Man years!

"Stevie's playing style is so different it's almost like fighting someone with an awkward boxing style. He has an awkward way of running routes, and he does a lot of different things, and that makes it harder for opponents to cover him."

That applies to his QB as well... (I know, I should just bite my tougue and let this thread die in peace. But Lord I can't helpmyself when it comes to SJ)

Will be interesting to see how rivers handles the wild child.

The key to Stevie is to keep his playbook simple, and get the timing down on those short slants and quick outs.

Hes great at getting instant separation, just needs an accurate qb w quick release. I can't think of anyone better at that than Rivers.

Note to Philip: be ready for a receiver that will make an impossible circus catch on one play and bounce one off his chest on the next.

Good luck 13!

• 1 month later...

What? He's a smooth route runner now?

@MartyCaswell: Rivers on Stevie Johnson "I can tell hes very smooth running routes, hes a very easy guy to read. That makes you progress a little quicker"

Edited by YoloinOhio

What? He's a smooth route runner now?

@MartyCaswell: Rivers on Stevie Johnson "I can tell hes very smooth running routes, hes a very easy guy to read. That makes you progress a little quicker"

Translation:

"I can't figure out where the hell Stevie's running, so I'm able to more quickly go to my other WRs..."

Translation:

"I can't figure out where the hell Stevie's running, so I'm able to more quickly go to my other WRs..."

haha Yep ... "Easy to read" has not been attributed to SJ. That said, if Rivers trusts him he will have a huge year.