Winston doesn't plan to attend draft (no Mariota either)

Bull.

Who cares. i think you guys who hate him would hate him if he showed up.

He is stuck right now in that 'can't win' spot. Yes he has done some things to be there, but whatever. The draft will be no more or less entertaining. I will be watching still to see where some players i care about go. Or what if anything the Bills do and Atlanta to a lesser extent.

As far as a team thinking twice about him because he is not in Chicago, BULL(s).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares. i think you guys who hate him would hate him if he showed up.

He is stuck right now in that 'can't win' spot. Yes he has done some things to be there, but whatever. The draft will be no more or less entertaining. I will be watching still to see where some players i care about go. Or what if anything the Bills do and Atlanta to a lesser extent.

As far as a team thinking twice about him because he is not in Chicago, BULL(s).

I would think it would be pretty weird, given his resume, to have him show up or not be something that changed opinions on the person drastically. Edited by NoSaint

Interesting tweet by dolphins player Chris McCain about Winston -

@DolphinEret: @nflnetwork I wouldn't want him on my team. Maybe if he was a defensive player but he not a leader. QB's "most dependable". #PathToTheDraft

Edited by YoloinOhio

So, no one thinks this is a money thing? I do.

PLayers going to get wise that they are generating a ton of money for the NFL by being there ...i think they are going to want a piece of the pie. I get it, and applaud him if he can get some extra cash.Next year my gut is everyone who the NFL invites to be at the draft will get paid an appearance fee.

@DolphinEret: @nflnetwork I wouldn't want him on my team. Maybe if he was a defensive player but he not a leader. QB's "most dependable". #PathToTheDraft

:lol: Quite the comment from a LB who went undrafted out of Cal last year after getting kicked off the team for "conduct detrimental to the team".

:lol: Quite the comment from a LB who went undrafted out of Cal last year after getting kicked off the team for "conduct detrimental to the team".

lol I didn't know that, I just remember his name because of the fish fan that showed up on TSW last season before week 2 and said he was going to be a secret superstar. And that Jarvis Landry is a future HOF. Edited by YoloinOhio

lol I didn't know that, I just remember his name because of the fish fan that showed up on TSW last season before week 2 and said he was going to be a secret superstar. And that Jarvis Landry is a future HOF.

:lol: I had to google him because the name was familiar but I couldn't remember him doing anything last year for the Dolphins. I do like Landry though. I think he's going to be a good player.

PLayers going to get wise that they are generating a ton of money for the NFL by being there ...i think they are going to want a piece of the pie. I get it, and applaud him if he can get some extra cash.Next year my gut is everyone who the NFL invites to be at the draft will get paid an appearance fee.

I'm pretty sure they are handed the piece of pie soon after they are drafted.

His grandmother is very ill. Jameis asked her if she wanted him to stay with her instead of going to the draft and she moaned.

Which naturally he interpreted as a "yes". The state's attorney, Jimbo and all retired judges hired by FSU concur.

This is good!

Dolphin...

Nope... The NFL won't lose a single cent for him not showing up. People are watching for the picks not the players to stand on the stage Edited by Beef Jerky

Nope... The NFL won't lose a single cent for him not showing up. People are watching for the picks not the players to stand on the stage

They will if none of the top players show up..not this year but over the long run there is no doubt ratings, attendance etc all drop when guys stop showing up.If you notice, Winston has said he does not plan to attend "at this time"...he wants money to appear.

This draft thing has gotten huge...if all the top players stay away it will hurt the NFL.I mean this story below...some of this stuff is unbelievable

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-nfl-draft-spt-0317-20150316-story.html#page=1

They will if none of the top players show up..not this year but over the long run there is no doubt ratings, attendance etc all drop when guys stop showing up.If you notice, Winston has said he does not plan to attend "at this time"...he wants money to appear.

This draft thing has gotten huge...if all the top players stay away it will hurt the NFL.I mean this story below...some of this stuff is unbelievable

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-nfl-draft-spt-0317-20150316-story.html#page=1

None of that nonsense goes on in NYC for the draft and the ratings are sky high. The poster above is right, no one is tuning in to watch the selected player come out from behind the curtain in a goofy suit to give the Commish a bro hug.

They watch for who is picking who. The NFL will never pay players to show. No one will not watch if the "top 10" don't show. Come on...

Nope.

I would typically agree with you, or anyone who advocates for these guys to stand up for themselves and take control of their careers--but that's AFTER he gets a job.

This is like being defiant in an interview.

Get your first paycheck before you confirm to everyone just exactly how far your head is up your ass.

Totally disagree. Interviews are over at that point. It is nothing at all like being defiant in an interview. Nothing.

Let's face it, staying OUT of the public spotlight hasn't been Winston's problem. Staying home - which I'll note isn't all that far from Tampa Bay - is probably a good move. But what others have posted about him eventually changing his mind and showing up is what I see happening. That would make all of this just a big "look at me!" PR move.

None of that nonsense goes on in NYC for the draft and the ratings are sky high. The poster above is right, no one is tuning in to watch the selected player come out from behind the curtain in a goofy suit to give the Commish a bro hug.

They watch for who is picking who. The NFL will never pay players to show. No one will not watch if the "top 10" don't show. Come on...

and will we really miss Deion Sanders asking a player....."how does it feel to be drafted No.1 overall"?

I think it is all a part of the "show" the draft has become. Realize if you are a poster on this board, you are a football nut and will watch anything football related, prolly even 25 year old games that you already know the outcome. Yes, everyone on here will watch no matter what.

But we are in the minority. The show is important, just like commercials and halftime show at Super Bowl. The players, and the drama shots of them in the room, and the instant interview...all part of what is driving ratings for the show.

Not saying draft goes away, or chuckleheads like us won't watch , part I think it would impact ratings if none of the top 20 guys show.