DeMaurice Smith re-elected by NFLPA

papazoid

In voting Sunday by the player reps, it took just one ballot for Smith to gain his third three-year term in charge of the NFL Players Association. He beat eight other candidates by immediately getting a majority of the votes at the union's annual meeting in Kapalua, Hawaii.

The vote totals were not announced by the union. Buffalo had no representative, so Smith needed 16 of 31 votes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12492072/demaurice-smith-re-elected-nflpa-executive-director

A union meeting in Hawaii ... sounds nice. Although, if I were a player (er, worker) I might wonder why in Hawaii? ... and who paid for all that?

I believe the intent of a union is honorable but truth be told, they are equally as corrupt as the corporations they purport to protect members against.

Edited by DallasBillsFan1

Unanimous re-election of DeMaurice Smith sends right message to NFL, others

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/unanimous-re-election-of-demaurice-smith-sends-right-message-to-nfl-others/

There weren't "32 men" voting.

The actual vote was not unanimous. The fake "second vote" was.

The players clearly reasserted their love for taking hits...

Edited by Mr. WEO

A union meeting in Hawaii ... sounds nice. Although, if I were a player (er, worker) I might wonder why in Hawaii? ... and who paid for all that?

I believe the intent of a union is honorable but truth be told, they are equally as corrupt as the corporations they purport to protect members against.

The better question is, was Chris Christie there and if so who paid for that?

Unions havent been necessary in this country since the 1940s. Child labor and sweatshops and fire-trap factories are a thing of the past, and are never coming back.

If any other Union had its annual election in Hawai'i, the membership would probably revolt. Because NFL players make so much compared to ordinary Union workers, nobody bats an eye.