Who will start at QB on opening day?

Starting QB  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting QB on opening day?

So a game that they were leading by 11 at halftime against the Pats starters counts as a loss? Not even "off the board but a loss?" That sounds like creative accounting to me to prove your point. I'd probably even let a "no game" slide but to chalk up a game that you were leading by 11 against their starters as a loss is unacceptable.

You honestly believe if NE cared about that game at all, we win? They didn't play Gronk and had nothing to prove.

I won't count it as a loss but it was a preseason game which we cared more about.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You honestly believe if NE cared about that game at all, we win? They didn't play Gronk and had nothing to prove.

I won't count it as a loss but it was a preseason game which we cared more about.

I had forgotten Gronk didn't play at all, as well as Julian Eddleman

http://www.patriots.com/news/2014/12/28/rob-gronkowski-julian-edelman-among-patriots-inactives

(11) Julian Edelman, WR

(35) Jonas Gray, RB

(39) Brandon Browner, CB

(54) Dont'a Hightower, LB

(63) Dan Connolly, OL

(76) Sebastian Vollmer, T

(87) Rob Gronkowski, TE

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Which is fine. I guess the point that I was making is that we can either call it what it is a win (or at worst a preseason game) or we can manipulate things to fit our agenda. By the exact same token I could make the argument that if Orton started vs. Houston it was a win. That was the worst game live that I have ever seen a QB play.

I am just saying that counting a win as a loss doesn't pass the sniff test. It feels too forced. If you want to say that Orton went 7-5 and one of those wins was virtually a preseason game there will be no argument whatsoever. If you want to say that his 7-5 record only counts as 6-6 because they would have lost (a game that they were up 11 at halftime against the 1st team) it is a tougher argument. Let's not distort things to try to prove our point. It only weakens what is being said. Let the performance stand on its own merits without all of the "ifs, ands or buts." It is what it is.

Tyrod Taylor was groomed the way EJ should have been. Great coaches.....backup to a good QB (watch and learn).....great team--strong leaders. Then he takes less money bc he wants to play---Denver wanted him.

I think Taylor is going to win the job with Cassel a close 2nd.

Edited by Big Blitz

• 4 months later...

Which is fine. I guess the point that I was making is that we can either call it what it is a win (or at worst a preseason game) or we can manipulate things to fit our agenda. By the exact same token I could make the argument that if Orton started vs. Houston it was a win. That was the worst game live that I have ever seen a QB play.

I am just saying that counting a win as a loss doesn't pass the sniff test. It feels too forced. If you want to say that Orton went 7-5 and one of those wins was virtually a preseason game there will be no argument whatsoever. If you want to say that his 7-5 record only counts as 6-6 because they would have lost (a game that they were up 11 at halftime against the 1st team) it is a tougher argument. Let's not distort things to try to prove our point. It only weakens what is being said. Let the performance stand on its own merits without all of the "ifs, ands or buts." It is what it is.

I'm just curious what you're thoughts regarding the OLine's play that day are? Because I recall quite a few worse QB performances during the last fifteen years.

Tyrod Taylor was groomed the way EJ should have been. Great coaches.....backup to a good QB (watch and learn).....great team--strong leaders. Then he takes less money bc he wants to play---Denver wanted him.

I think Taylor is going to win the job with Cassel a close 2nd.

Good point.

I'm just curious what you're thoughts regarding the OLine's play that day are? Because I recall quite a few worse QB performances during the last fifteen years.

I sat 3 rows from the field and guys ran free all day. The DBs for Houston were screaming at each other and the receivers were just throwing their hands in the air in frustration. There were plays where 3 guys were open and others were open by 10 yards screaming for the football.

The OL was bad (and Watt was unbelievable) but I said that day that I would be surprised if we saw another EJ start. So far, we haven't. The game tape review of that was going to be really, really, really ugly.

Edited by Kirby Jackson