Who will start at QB on opening day?

Starting QB  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting QB on opening day?

Then why would you want him?

Because if he does win the competition it would mean that he has improved and come a long way to prove himself...which is a good thing.

If Cassel wins the competition it means that he beat out a couple of young QBs that just don't have it...which isn't such a good thing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deja vu..

I could have sworn this was already a poll and EJ was the nominee

I updated it to reflect the guys that are actually on the roster. The last poll had Bradford, Foles, etc...

I figured that this is probably going to be our QB situation to start the year (although a handful of people think that the guy is not yet on our roster). The 3 guys are listed and there is a generic "anybody else" option.

The only other poll that I remember is "can EJ be the starter?" That is totally different than "will EJ be the starter?"

Edited by Kirby Jackson

deja vu..

I could have sworn this was already a poll and EJ was the nominee

Nope . That other poll that you made was phrased in a way that would have forced a lot of people to say "yes". This poll shows that a majority do not see EJ as starter because there are better options already on roster or soon to be acquired by FO.

I updated it to reflect the guys that are actually on the roster. The last poll had Bradford, Foles, etc...

I figured that this is probably going to be our QB situation to start the year (although a handful of people think that the guy is not yet on our roster). The 3 guys are listed and there is a generic "anybody else" option.

The only other poll that I remember is "can EJ be the starter?" That is totally different than "will EJ be the starter?"

it may have not been a poll but a general question (prompting polls)

Predict the starting quarterback for week 1.

Nope . That other poll that you made was phrased in a way that would have forced a lot of people to say "yes". This poll shows that a majority do not see EJ as starter because there are better options already on roster or soon to be acquired by FO.

There were other polls that forced people to say "No", thus portraying that EJ isn't the ultimate answer.

Is EJ a franchise QB?

So lets agree to let it go.

PS I am honored that people remember my polls and not the 3 or 4 others, I thank you.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

it may have not been a poll but a general question (prompting polls)

Predict the starting quarterback for week 1.

Ah, I didn't see that thread.

If this poll is any indication there is going to be much debate here from now through the season in regards to our QB situation. I figured that it would be pretty divided but Tyrod has a higher % than I expected (thought that he would be about 10% and that other 10% split between EJ and Cassel).

no problem Kirby. Obviously things have changed a lot since then.

Yes, this "debate" will go on for the next 6 months or more

If the ultimate goal is long term, then I could see the 2 younger guys.

If the short term goal is win now, then I see the Cassel choices.

If EJ does not start then cut him immediately. But I think he he will win the job clearly. I do not think there will be much of a competition after week two of pre-season games. I am sure they will give everyone a good look in OTA's and training camp. If Tyrod Taylor wins the job he will have improved 1000% ( yes one thousand percent ) over his college days. If Matt Cassel wins the job, we will have a little better QB than Orton and maybe good enough to get into the playoffs and win a playoff game - but not enough to get to the Super Bowl. We need EJ to be the man. Unfortunately - he was so limited by Marrone and coached not to be aggressive, not to throw the ball downfield, not to take any chances - and then he was destroyed by the NFL Defensive Player of the Year - the rest is history. ( by the way Kyle really suck after his first two starts - and the if the receivers did not made some great catches the first he may have sucked from the start. But if we want a QB for the next ten years - we need to hope and pray that EJ is going to work out - if not we have a major issue. He started for two years at FSU and had good number and real good results. So hopefully he can do that here. Go Bills.

I agree wiyh all of this.

Because if he does win the competition it would mean that he has improved and come a long way to prove himself...which is a good thing.

If Cassel wins the competition it means that he beat out a couple of young QBs that just don't have it...which isn't such a good thing.

Ding ding ding.

I think all of us should hope that one of the young guys wins it handily.

This is becoming arguing politics and no one is going to switch their sides. My biggest hope is EJ improved and becomes the starter. You are so limited with a guy like Cassel. It would be Orton like (though Cassel probably has a sack). He is what he is at this point.

EJ needs to earn it with a good camp and IMO, he is best for the Bills. Cassel as a backup/ mentor is awesome. As a starter, not so much. Time will tell.

I went MC but am surprised TT doesn't have the lead. Not sure why, just think with our line, the anti-pocket passer might be our hope. But I think logically (which certainly hasn't been the 2015 Bills so far), MC makes most sense.

With the fear of being called an EJ basher, he just isn't good. If he's every a playoff QB in this league, I'll print this post out, and literally eat my words.

It will be interesting to see just how EJ looks in training camp this year.....

LAST YEAR he looked horrible......it was one of the really really disturbing things to the fan base how we had heard all this talk of EJ working out in the offseason with someone to fix his mechanics and such....then came into camp and everyone was talking about how bad he looked (and how the other QBs looked horrible as well)

Matt Cassell is a veteran that has found a way to stick around in the league....he as started and finished seasons as a starter.......he has always been around...he won the starting QB spot last year over bridgewater

Tyrod Taylor has been the numbre 2 with the ravens for YEARS

EJ had better really be on his game or he is gonna wash out...these QBs are not going to look bad in camp. Too many years in the pros

LAST YEAR he looked horrible......it was one of the really really disturbing things to the fan base how we had heard all this talk of EJ working out in the offseason with someone to fix his mechanics and such....then came into camp and everyone was talking about how bad he looked (and how the other QBs looked horrible as well)

EJ had better really be on his game or he is gonna wash out...these QBs are not going to look bad in camp. Too many years in the pros

it was his sophomore slump !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: [for those unsure.. that is meant as a joke]

All I got to see was training camp highlights and a 2-0 start to the season followed by an 0-2.

Then I got to see a bunch of 3 and outs with the more experienced guy with was also .500 for the season .

Yes, I say .500 because the Putrids handed the Bills a gift in week 17.

now we have a young guy we still don't know if he's the guy or not and 2 more unknowns. Marrone sure did :censored: us up. [for those unsure.. that was not meant as a joke]

Yes, I say .500 because the Putrids handed the Bills a gift in week 17.

So a game that they were leading by 11 at halftime against the Pats starters counts as a loss? Not even "off the board but a loss?" That sounds like creative accounting to me to prove your point. I'd probably even let a "no game" slide but to chalk up a game that you were leading by 11 against their starters as a loss is unacceptable.

So a game that they were leading by 11 at halftime against the Pats starters counts as a loss? Not even "off the board but a loss?" That sounds like creative accounting to me to prove your point. I'd probably even let a "no game" slide but to chalk up a game that you were leading by 11 against their starters as a loss is unacceptable.

Yes, I put a * next to it and the outcome had Brady & Gronk and others played all game would = a loss.

In the 2nd half the Putz put in their second stringers, and the Bills 1st string offense couldn't score a single point.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/foxborough/game-notes-bills-snap-patriots-home-winning-streak-down-patriots-17-9-0

How often has Brady overcome a deficit in the 2nd half? Most of the time (against Buffalo 99%)

How often have the Putrids lost a home game in the regular season? Very very very few.

Aside for pride, this was for all intents and purposes, a nothing game based on the inactive list alone. Nevertheless, showing off one of the best defenses in the league combined with the Patriots sitting their best receivers, the Bills walked away with a 17-9 win over the Patriots, giving Buffalo their first win at Gillette Stadium in franchise history and breaking the Patriots’ 35-game win streak against AFC opponents at home.

The most consecutive home wins against division opponents since 1970:

Patriots 2009-14 17

PATRIOTS SNAP STREAK OF 16 STRAIGHT HOME WINS

PATRIOTS SNAP 17-GAME HOME WINNING STREAK AGAINST THE AFC EAST