• Yes
    • No

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You voted to trade for Tanny?

No, it was to Fire Chan. Whoops, wrong poll. :oops:

But seriously, I am ok giving EJ another chance. One more chance, considering cutting him would actually hurt the cap. But Tannehill is on the Carson Palmer track of average to slightly better. Now, I would take that, but there is the barest glimmer of a fully productive Kaep in EJ. Even 80% of that would make us a contender.

A repeat of last year's, with a poll! http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170205-would-you-right-now-trade-ej-for-tannehill-straight-up/

For me, it's a yes.

Try not to turn this into a full EJ topic. I want to get a baseline on the career's of two young QB's in the AFC East, not talk Matt Cassel.

I voted no, but with more information...I get you said straight up, but why debate that, its not within the realm of possibility, so whats the point in my eyes other than try and further slam EJ. It would be too expensive to package EJ with high pick or picks to get Tannehill, so therefore I vote no as I don't know if Tannehill is worth that at this time. So these make believe scenarios are pointless.

I will never understand how so many people here made excuse after excuse for horrible QBs like JP, Trent, and even Fitz yet go out of their way to grossly over exaggerate EJs struggles. EJ has had a better first 14 games than many top QBs, past and present, yet people talk about here like he is in the Brohm, Tuel, Leaf, category. Its actually absurd.

The kid has talent, has 3 comeback wins in 14 games, a couple rookie of the week nods, and some decent games on his resume. He has only had a few really bad games, yet guys like Fitz, Trent, and JP had more hoffible games than good games yet they got years to prove they suck. People wanted to prove EJ sucks the day he stepped on the field

If he can stop playing overly careful and let loose, use his legs, and not hold back this kid could become a legit starter. But haters just want to OVER EXAGGERATE the hate to levels reserved for guys like Whitner despite the fact that the kid puts in the time to be great, is a great teammate, didn't pout when Orton got the nod, running up and down the sidelines cheering the offense when Orton (rarely) did something right, etc.

I just don't understand the mission to destroy the kid on this board. He may or may not become a good starter, but the potential is there and he's putting in the work...so let it go and let it play out on the field already and wish the kid luck.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I voted no, but with more information...I get you said straight up, but why debate that, its not within the realm of possibility, so whats the point in my eyes other than try and further slam EJ. It would be too expensive to package EJ with high pick or picks to get Tannehill, so therefore I vote no as I don't know if Tannehill is worth that at this time. So these make believe scenarios are pointless.

I will never understand how so many people here made excuse after excuse for horrible QBs like JP, Trent, and even Fitz yet go out of their way to grossly over exaggerate EJs struggles. EJ has had a better first 14 games than many top QBs, past and present, yet people talk about here like he is in the Brohm, Tuel, Leaf, category. Its actually absurd.

The kid has talent, has 3 comeback wins in 14 games, a couple rookie of the week nods, and some decent games on his resume. He has only had a few really bad games, yet guys like Fitz, Trent, and JP had more hoffible games than good games yet they got years to prove they suck. People wanted to prove EJ sucks the day he stepped on the field

If he can stop playing overly careful and let loose, use his legs, and not hold back this kid could become a legit starter. But haters just want to OVER EXAGGERATE the hate to levels reserved for guys like Whitner despite the fact that the kid puts in the time to be great, is a great teammate, didn't pout when Orton got the nod, running up and down the sidelines cheering the offense when Orton (rarely) did something right, etc.

I just don't understand the mission to destroy the kid on this board. He may or may not become a good starter, but the potential is there and he's putting in the work...so let it go and let it play out on the field already and wish the kid luck.

So you answered no to a question this poll didn't ask?

No, it was to Fire Chan. Whoops, wrong poll. :oops:

But seriously, I am ok giving EJ another chance. One more chance, considering cutting him would actually hurt the cap. But Tannehill is on the Carson Palmer track of average to slightly better. Now, I would take that, but there is the barest glimmer of a fully productive Kaep in EJ. Even 80% of that would make us a contender.

So you voted no? I'm unclear here. You quoted Biscuit with "This. 1000%" but he voted that he would trade EJ for Tanny. So I'm lost.

I voted NO for the simple fact that Tannehill is not, and never will be a winner. Seen enough of him to think same thing i thought when he came out of A&M. Can be OK but never will be a top notch nor a winning QB.

This is by no means an endorsement of EJ. I just would rather have the unknown over the "known" of which is Ryan Tannenhill. I wonder if he knows all the teams and divisions by now... I think that was the most shocking thing i ever saw on HBO's Hard Knocks. When Tanny was in QB meeting room and had no idea which divisions teams were in...

I would say neither.

They will never win with a guy like Tanny, who can basically only throw 4-yard passes.

Three 4 yard passes = 12 yards

12 > 10, and therefore, this is a first down every three plays. EJ cant even pass for 4 yards a play consistently without overthrowing his reciever and getting picked off.

I voted NO for the simple fact that Tannehill is not, and never will be a winner. Seen enough of him to think same thing i thought when he came out of A&M. Can be OK but never will be a top notch nor a winning QB.

This is by no means an endorsement of EJ. I just would rather have the unknown over the "known" of which is Ryan Tannenhill. I wonder if he knows all the teams and divisions by now... I think that was the most shocking thing i ever saw on HBO's Hard Knocks. When Tanny was in QB meeting room and had no idea which divisions teams were in...

That was my logic as well. Tannehill is better than what we've seen from EJ, no question. But I don't think the Bills win the super bowl with Tanny, or that he's much more than a JAG at the position. So, I'll pass on trading for a guy who's going to get a long term deal for big money when I'm not convinced he's going to help put this team into super bowl contention.

A repeat of last year's, with a poll! http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170205-would-you-right-now-trade-ej-for-tannehill-straight-up/

For me, it's a yes.

Try not to turn this into a full EJ topic. I want to get a baseline on the career's of two young QB's in the AFC East, not talk Matt Cassel.

This poll's sole purpose is to help provide a steady beat down of EJ Manuel for the like-minded haters like yourself. The sad thing is that you're using a loser Dolphin QB like Tannehill to help trash EJ.

Manuel's ceiling is unknown right now. Tannehill's ceiling is becoming established as an average QB like Alex Smith or Andy Dalton who wilts under pressure in big games. I'd rather roll the dice on an unknown QB like Manuel than a known Smith or Dalton type.

Tannehill 48 games - 5 game winning drives

Manuel 14 games - 3 game winning drives (should have been 4 thanks to Chandler's fumble)

Miami can keep that loser. I'll roll with EJ and if he doesn't work out, I'll find another QB next year either through the draft or a trade. Whichever way it goes it won't be hard to find a QB with a much higher ceiling than Tannehill.

This poll's sole purpose is to help provide a steady beat down of EJ Manuel for the like-minded haters like yourself. The sad thing is that you're using a loser Dolphin QB like Tannehill to help trash EJ.

Manuel's ceiling is unknown right now. Tannehill's ceiling is becoming established as an average QB like Alex Smith or Andy Dalton who wilts under pressure in big games. I'd rather roll the dice on an unknown QB like Manuel than a known Smith or Dalton type.

Tannehill 48 games - 5 game winning drives

Manuel 14 games - 3 game winning drives (should have been 4 thanks to Chandler's fumble)

Miami can keep that loser. I'll roll with EJ and if he doesn't work out, I'll find another QB next year either through the draft or a trade. Whichever way it goes it won't be hard to find a QB with a much higher ceiling than Tannehill.

A "loser Dolphin QB." And you call me a hater. lol.

For me, it's a yes.

i can't believe this is even a question. the answer has always been yes.

Last time this poll was held, there wasn't a huge difference in performance. Last year, RT improved, and EJ stayed the same. So right now, yes, I'd take the trade.

Still, EJ could improve and end up better. He's certainly had less opportunity/time to develop.

A "loser Dolphin QB." And you call me a hater. lol.

Sorry if I don't have a lot of love for average Dolphin QBs.

Geno Smith crushed him in the Dolphin's last game in Miami last season. Way to close out the season with a whimper. Tannehill isn't going to amount to anything other than average in this league. At least Geno and EJ still have the unknown factor going for them.