Patrick Willis HOF discussion

Big Turk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Warren Sapp got in... It's officially the Hall of Pretty Good Players I've Heard Of. So, sure, why not? Induct everyone that hasn't completely sucked.

IMO, Willis shouldn't even be talked about as HOF, let alone considered. Which means... He's probably a first balloter.

7 years is over twice as long add the average NFL career. To be in the top 2-3 at your position for that entire stretch is HOF worthy, IMO.

What if Brady would have had to retire in 2008 after his knee injury. Would he have been HOF worthy in 2013 considering the three championships in four years and him being just removed from the 50 TD/16-0 season?

I agree, I included your post as a response because I liked your "Hall of Longevity" line.

7 years is over twice as long add the average NFL career. To be in the top 2-3 at your position for that entire stretch is HOF worthy, IMO.

What if Brady would have had to retire in 2008 after his knee injury. Would he have been HOF worthy in 2013 considering the three championships in four years and him being just removed from the 50 TD/16-0 season?

I'd put him in the hall of asterisks..

**won but cheated

Since Warren Sapp got in... It's officially the Hall of Pretty Good Players I've Heard Of. So, sure, why not? Induct everyone that hasn't completely sucked.

IMO, Willis shouldn't even be talked about as HOF, let alone considered. Which means... He's probably a first balloter.

You could argue that 2/3 of the early players wouldn't even be in if they played in this era with the type of athletes today, so the argument can be made any number of ways for or against pretty much anyone

Warrren Sapp was a monster. He was the best player on one of the best defenses ever - a defense that carried a mediocre offense to a championship. I have no gripes with his induction.