Ian Rapoport: Eagles working to trade G Evan Mathis

Punch

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@PHLEaglesNation: According to sources, #Eagles could possibly trade G Evan Mathis to the #Saints in exchange for WR Kenny Stills

That just doesnt make any effing sense.

New Orleans.- "We are selling of pieces to get Cap compliant."

But look a Guard who wants a raise, lets trade for him?

Edited by CountDorkula

NO. We are selling of pieces to get Cap compliant.

it also makes no sense with his narrative that he values OL and QB above all else. They can just draft a fast WR. Stills is JAG. Devin Smith is basically Maclin 2.0 in the second rd.

They can add Mathis and cut Evans and save a few million. The thing with the Saints is they aren't just stripping it down and not competing this year. They are trying to trim payroll but still field a good team.

So every million under the cap can count.

i'll take Mathis or Evans. i wonder if we are trying to get in on any trades for Mathis. what could we offer?

i'd send my young RT question mark to them for their old vet.. they're playing Peters replacement at RT now (johnson, i think).. if Kujo develops, he'd be a nice future RT for them

i'd send my young RT question mark to them for their old vet.. they're playing Peters replacement at RT now (johnson, i think).. if Kujo develops, he'd be a nice future RT for them

. Thank God your not our GM....Kujo will turn some heads this year you will see

It does happen with O-linemen from time to time.

The guy is good, but he is old...I am not sure I would be that quick to give up more than a 4th rdr for him...we don't have a first round pick this year, you know! :rolleyes:

You know....that might be a good offer? Chip doesn't seem to worry about injury history...and Goodwin is a burner... I have a feeling he won't be on our opening day roster anyway.

Why not Goodwin for Mathis straight up ?

. Thank God your not our GM....Kujo will turn some heads this year you will see

i agree..

but i don't understand why we chose a stiff OT with a bad knee in the 2nd round, and now have to consider moving him as a project to OG, in order to get him on the field.

edit.. lets' see if anyone wants him as an OT project

Edited by BackInDaDay

Don't you wish that they had thrown him in the shady deal? I bet they might have done so, if he had been on the block at that time.

He's been on the block for a long time. We discussed it last season here

That's not the only reason they are changing the roster. Seemed Payton was at times disgusted by the work ethic/leadership in the locker room. They don't HAVE to drop much if anything- part of this is a makeover not just slash and burn. If they felt guys were complacent - they are showing the guys that stay they won't tolerate that Edited by NoSaint