Okayest QB

Currently in the league I would Say Alex Smith is the line. Smith is the standard middle QB. Probably the 15th to 16th best QB in the league. If you have a QB that's better than him you have a pretty good one. If you have one that's worse you better hope its a young QB who could develop.

In the past I would say Chad Pennington after his first injury was the classic example.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread. Some great ones so far (Alex Smith, brad Johnson) and some that are off- Matt hasselbeck was really good for a minute and tim hasselbeck was nothing. Beurlein and harbaugh were both well above average for a minute as well. I think orton goes down in the same exact ilk as deberg and Chris Chandler. I would say the best ones so far are Smith, Johnson, Kerry Collins and Jay fiedler. Jeff Blake was pretty ok for a while. So was Aaron Brooks. I guess Pennington was slightly better than ok right? Fitzpatrick is too erratic but levels off to ok. I think Phil simms is the all time captain ok. Let me think some more on this. Jake Plummer was pretty fantastically ok. If we can only get ok qb play this year we will make the playoffs.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

That's fair. I kinda of forgot about him. The QBs in the 90s were so much better than today's.

Brad Johnson is a solid OK QB choice. Jay Fieldler wants a shot too.

Yeah I'm gonna need an explanation on this one too. My guess is that you're going to say their job was harder, which correlates none to them being better.

This should be called the Phil Simms thread

:thumbsup:

kitna is a great one, green put up some wild numbers for a time and Gannon absolutely not. The dude won an mvp. Elvis grbac was way more ok.

Gannon had one terrific season, but was pretty okay to awful most of his career..

Another...Steve Bono! Had a couple of really efficient seasons as the Chiefs starter, under Schottenheimer, only to flame out in the playoffs.

Edited by Buftex

Great thread. Some great ones so far (Alex Smith, brad Johnson) and some that are off- Matt hasselbeck was really good for a minute and tim hasselbeck was nothing. Beurlein and harbaugh were both well above average for a minute as well. I think orton goes down in the same exact ilk as deberg and Chris Chandler. I would say the best ones so far are Smith, Johnson, Kerry Collins and Jay fiedler. Jeff Blake was pretty ok for a while. So was Aaron Brooks. I guess Pennington was slightly better than ok right? Fitzpatrick is too erratic but levels off to ok. I think Phil simms is the all time captain ok. Let me think some more on this. Jake Plummer was pretty fantastically ok. If we can only get ok qb play this year we will make the playoffs.

Matt Hasselbeck was better than that for more than "a minute". He was a Pro Bowler in 03,05,07 and got to the SB in 2005 (his team was robbed). He appeared in 11 playoff games and his playoff win % is better than P MAnning's.

Gannon had one terrific season, but was pretty okay to awful most of his career..

Another...Steve Bono! Had a couple of really efficient seasons as the Chiefs starter, under Schottenheimer, only to flame out in the playoffs.

Negative. Gannon four pro bowls and two ap first team all pros between 99-02.

Matt Hasselbeck was better than that for more than "a minute". He was a Pro Bowler in 03,05,07 and got to the SB in 2005 (his team was robbed). He appeared in 11 playoff games and his playoff win % is better than P MAnning's.

Yeah I'll give you that. I think you could argue that those were Shaun Alexander's teams though.

Are there two qbs in the history of the NFL more similar than Steve bono and elvis grbac? Think about it.

Yeah I'll give you that. I think you could argue that those were Shaun Alexander's teams though.

Are there two qbs in the history of the NFL more similar than Steve bono and elvis grbac? Think about it.

In his Pro Bowl years, The Hasselbeck threw for 3500-4000 yrds per. Alexander had big seasons in 03, 05. He was used up by 07.

I stand corrected...I guess what throws me, he was okay to awful for about 10 years in the NFL, before finding his mojo (or maybe just the right situation) at the end of his career, in Oakland. I guess I forgot that the Raiders were pretty decent that many years, with him at the helm. A late bloomer!

I stand corrected...I guess what throws me, he was okay to awful for about 10 years in the NFL, before finding his mojo (or maybe just the right situation) at the end of his career, in Oakland. I guess I forgot that the Raiders were pretty decent that many years, with him at the helm. A late bloomer!

See! Just give EJ 8 more years! Have some patience!