Washington to take Mariota

somnus00

According to John Clayton, the Redskins will take Mariota if he falls to #5.

I know how many of you here wanted RGIII and/or Cousins. I'm guessing one of these two QBs might be available after the draft.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/11/john-clayton-says-the-redskins-would-draft-marcus-mariota-if-hes-available/

I'm not saying I'd want either of the two, but I'm intrigued by Cousins.

Edited by somnus00

How does anyone know what teams are going to do? He's just guessing like everyone else.

yea, posting any tweet in the next 6 weeks as proof someone is going to do something in the draft short of "the bucs have agreed to terms with...." is pointless. the teams still might see changes in their boards even at the top and have no motivation to be honest either way.

Edited by NoSaint

Smokescreen. They want to trade out of the pick. But I think Mariota goes 2.

Agreed. I don't think he falls to #5. Washington would need to move up to get him.

smart move by the Redskins to say that even if they don't want him.

1. it forces their division rival Eagles to trade even more away if they want to move up in front of them to take him

2. the Eagles might contact the Redskins directly and offer Bradford and a bunch of picks to swap picks with them

What's the point of even printing a report like this one? The 5th pick is what, about 5 hours into the draft? There's way too much that can happen ahead of that pick. I realize that it's all just a smokescreen, but does a diversion mean anything when you know it's a diversion?