30 for 30 on Christian Laettner

YoloinOhio

I'm sure eball won't miss it!

Ha! I saw the promo and it looks great. I was just leaving Carolina when Laettner arrived at Duke (he followed Ferry as the most-hated Dookie).

Should be very entertaining, even if I will hate seeing all of that Duke success.

frickin laettner.. loved to hate him and the dukies but they were stacked..

hurley..grant hill .laettner..koubek..cherokee parks. loved that unlv rolled

them in 90.

And when laettner played on the original dream team barkley tells him he

better get used to losing cause of where he was drafted(minn)

good times

Anybody TBDers play against him in high school?

no but had some friends who did.. He was one of the first kids I remember hearing of his parents having him repeat the 8th grade at Nichols (I think he started out at another grammar school) so he could get physically bigger for HS ball. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not a Duke fan, or a college hoops fan for that matter, but Laettner was one of the small handful of guys I really enjoyed watching college basketball, because of. Maybe his WNY roots had a little to do with it. He was a blast to watch.

As a big NBA fan, I was disappointed that his NBA career wasn't better. He was to college ball, what Kevin Garnett was to the pros. Too bad for Laettner, he never went to a good team in the pros. Enjoyed the special quite a bit.

Edited by Buftex

Anybody TBDers play against him in high school?

Yep - once - I played for Lew-Port. Guy was so much taller than anybody else there was no point in jumping for a jump ball against him.

At Nichols he had the extra benefit of having a couple of twin brothers playing guard who were also very good players - the Torgowski brothers. With those guys on the outside making you play the perimiter and Laetner being a foot taller than anybody in the middle it was just a joke - painful.

Another Bills bud of mine on Facebook said her

hometown Evans was shown.

Yeah, that's the area he is from. I was talking to a relative who coached little league baseball for decades, and he was talking about how an athlete is an athlete, and said if anybody ever asks who the best baseball player he ever coached was, he immediately says Christian Laettner.

Yeah, that's the area he is from. I was talking to a relative who coached little league baseball for decades, and he was talking about how an athlete is an athlete, and said if anybody ever asks who the best baseball player he ever coached was, he immediately says Christian Laettner.

The one guy I work with grew up with Laettner. He said Laetner was kind of a big baby growing up. He was a few years older then Laettner so he was better friends with his older brother but they said they use to pick on Christian all the time, to the point most of the time where he would end up usually running home crying. Says he was a sore loser too. Then he said one year he shot up & didn't stop growing & that is when they stopped giving him a tough time(haha). He said by the time he was a freshman in high school everybody in town pretty much knew that Christian was going to have a pretty successful career in basketball.

Edited by Gordio